Just started playing this game again because of Dawnguard. Ended up going down the vampire route, and it's a lot of fun.

I enjoy the weird bugs that these kinds of games have.. You don't see them in a lot of games. I was wandering around an old fort and for some reason Sanguine was wandering around in there killing everything. xD Random or what.

Can you use Steam Workshop and Nexus mods together?

You can but it's a little harder to manage all your mods that way. Plus I think the steam workshop is harder to navigate, but that's just my opinion.

You can but it's a little harder to manage all your mods that way. Plus I think the steam workshop is harder to navigate, but that's just my opinion.

I'd have to agree. I like using Nexus Mod Manager to manage my mods.

I shouldn't have any issues moving from Workshop to Nexus, should I? One of the irritating things about Steam is the mods are size-capped. But like I said I have about 34 mods right now and I just don't want to corrupt my save - if that's even an issue.

It shouldn't be as long as you have all the same mods installed. Uninstalling mods you downloaded from the steam workshop can be a bit of a pain the ass too. As far as I know when you don't want to use a particular mod anymore it just disables it without actually removing the files.

So just use NMM and overwrite any files and you shouldn't have any problems. The downside is that if/when you remove files using the NMM it will put the original files back in. So it may or may not be worth it to you to do a clean install.

It shouldn't be as long as you have all the same mods installed. Uninstalling mods you downloaded from the steam workshop can be a bit of a pain the ass too. As far as I know when you don't want to use a particular mod anymore it just disables it without actually removing the files.

So just use NMM and overwrite any files and you shouldn't have any problems. The downside is that if/when you remove files using the NMM it will put the original files back in. So it may or may not be worth it to you to do a clean install.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

About two and a half weeks since Dawnguard 360 release and not a word on a PC (or PS3) release yet. Sigh. :(

I thought it was 2 weeks away? Something from this thread lead me to believe that the 360 had a one month exclusive, after that it gets released to everyone else. Can someone confirm or correct me?

I thought it was 2 weeks away? Something from this thread lead me to believe that the 360 had a one month exclusive, after that it gets released to everyone else. Can someone confirm or correct me?

That's what I heard too, I think that's right... sadly. :(

How much vram does your 8800gt have? If it's below 1gb then it won't be worth it, even if you go for the lite version.

--x-snip-x--

Only like 512MB I think. After trying all the FULL 2k textures out I really can't tell much difference with my texture quality set to Medium. If I jack it up I can definitely see a difference but then my computer lags like crazy (and the disk is constantly thrashing).

One thing I am NOT liking is the 16% movement speed penalty for wearing heavy armor in Skrim Redone. At least give me a perk somewhere to get rid of that. It makes sense for mages and thieves to have the penalty, but I'm playing a warrior.

i forgot to list my mods

these are the mods i have on my laptop

Quality World Map

Amazing Ebony Armor Redone

Colored Map Markers

Detailed Faces v2

Dovahkin Hideout

Dovahkin Retreat

Enhanced Night Skyrim - Color Galaxy

Enhanced Night Skyrim - High Stars

Glowing Ore Veins 300

Masas Organic Dragons

Masters Of Death - Rise of the Brotherhood

Nicer Snowflakes

Nightingale Blade To Katana

Nightingale Prime Leather Version Cape Variants

Psychosteves DragonPreist Marks

Realistic Smoke and Embers

SkyUI

Tytanis - Farming - Mounts - Crafts - Spells - Items - MORE

Warzone - Civil Unrest

Weapons Of The Third Era

i use Nexus Mod Manager and got all the mods from Skyrim Nexus except the Nightingale Prime Leather Version Cape Variants, that is no longer avaliable but i can share if asked

Only like 512MB I think. After trying all the FULL 2k textures out I really can't tell much difference with my texture quality set to Medium. If I jack it up I can definitely see a difference but then my computer lags like crazy (and the disk is constantly thrashing).

The texture packs only work when you have the texture quality set to the highest. The Skyrim HD textures, for the full pack requires a card with at least 1.5gb of vram to run efficiently.

I've not seen any release dates for other platforms yet. But it seems likely that Bethesda would want to release it asap the Microsoft timed exclusive has run out.

One thing I am NOT liking is the 16% movement speed penalty for wearing heavy armor in Skrim Redone. At least give me a perk somewhere to get rid of that. It makes sense for mages and thieves to have the penalty, but I'm playing a warrior.

So I found the cheat code to increase my speed and I can see now why there is a 16% movement speed penalty. I put it back to about 104% movement speed and at that speed I can easily dodge by backstepping just about every swing against me...this almost makes it too easy, but right now my heavy armor is such crap that I can really only take 3-4 blocked hits before dying. Skyrim Redone has made the game pretty challenging for me... I'm finding myself dying a lot in some situations even on the easiest difficulty. Or it may just be that playing warrior is tough compared to thief and mage. This game seems to be really hard at first, but becomes increasingly easier as you get perk points and gear.

I need to find more things to do in skyrim, I cant mod it because I hate playing on the PC.

Any idea's on what to do with a lot of gold? right now all I can do is commit huge crime sprees and pay my bounty of 10,000 gold off

I need to find more things to do in skyrim, I cant mod it because I hate playing on the PC.

Any idea's on what to do with a lot of gold? right now all I can do is commit huge crime sprees and pay my bounty of 10,000 gold off

Why would you hate playing on the pc? Better resolution, better textures, modding...basically everything is better on the pc as far as Skyrim is concerned.

You could buy houses and fully furnish them I guess? There isn't a whole lot to spend money on after that.

Why would you hate playing on the pc? Better resolution, better textures, modding...basically everything is better on the pc as far as Skyrim is concerned.

You could buy houses and fully furnish them I guess? There isn't a whole lot to spend money on after that.

I end up cheating :/ which Is a terrible reason. But I always do.

I end up cheating :/ which Is a terrible reason. But I always do.

Nothing wrong with some modding/cheating in a single player game. Especially when you're done with it (the game) and only doing so (modding/cheating) to prolong the life of the game.

edit, nvm, i thought you meant you needed gold, not stuff to spend it on

Finally bought Skyrim in the Steam summer sale at the weekend, played 10 hours already! It really is an amazing game. I've joined the Thieves Guild too after getting around an annoying bug. I haven't done many side quests yet but now I'm going to go back and find them all because I need to be a higher level to stop dying in the dungeons :p

Any mods anybody highly recommends? At the moment I have the Sounds of Skyrim ones and a Games of Thrones shield mod and Robert Baratheon's armour.

Finally bought Skyrim in the Steam summer sale at the weekend, played 10 hours already! It really is an amazing game. I've joined the Thieves Guild too after getting around an annoying bug. I haven't done many side quests yet but now I'm going to go back and find them all because I need to be a higher level to stop dying in the dungeons :p

Any mods anybody highly recommends? At the moment I have the Sounds of Skyrim ones and a Games of Thrones shield mod and Robert Baratheon's armour.

Idk..unless you are talking about graphic modifications it is probably worth playing through w/o any mods until you get bored and want to try mods. I highly recommend SkyUI for inventory management on PC... the default is really sad in comparison.

Idk..unless you are talking about graphic modifications it is probably worth playing through w/o any mods until you get bored and want to try mods. I highly recommend SkyUI for inventory management on PC... the default is really sad in comparison.

yeah, SkyUI is always nice... I always have some small mods like ":Auto Unequip Arrows", "Headsman's Axe Fixed" (I love using the headsman's axe... I sort of pretend my character's psyche has been damaged by almost having his head cut off), Jaysus swords, stuff like that. Then I add beautifying mods and some things like Weapons Fixes and also some better animations.