[Dev Channel] Google Chrome 10.0.xxx.y (for Linux, Mac OS X, Windows)

Before this update I could type my search keyword (i for image search, pl for play.com search) and it would search the site for what I type after:

pl 32gb = search place.com for 32gb

Now though it simply says 'p 32 - Google Search' - below is the keyword one. Anyone else notice this - means for amazon (a 'xyz' to search) I now have to type 'a xyz [down arrow]' annoying, non? Why has this changed? I want my keyword search First, not default search for the keywords letter. I know I can press tab but it automatically brings up a[ppbrain] which I have to delete before pressing tab.

i notice you would need to write say 'bing'

then click space > back > space

bingo search within site

it worked for me for both google and bing

didn't try anything else yet

Regarding my post about smooth scrolling, my bad. It was actually the Setpoint update that seemed to have enabled smooth scrolling system wide. Cool, but not 100% glitch free.

i notice you would need to write say 'bing'

then click space > back > space

bingo search within site

it worked for me for both google and bing

didn't try anything else yet

Yep, this works for me. I hope songhow this can be reverted, it's a simple tweak which makes searching a step (or two) faster, but now requires some mental cpu usage!

Is Google planning on implementing DirectWrite into Chrome? Considering both IE and Firefox make use of it and it looks far better, I wonder when the'll do it.

Is Google planning on implementing DirectWrite into Chrome? Considering both IE and Firefox make use of it and it looks far better, I wonder when the'll do it.

The last official word I've seen on this was in 2009 in Investigate DirectWrite support:

We're always interested in improving speed, and this isn't flying under

our radar.

It will take some time to adapt our sandboxed rendering system to be able to use

tools like this.

Dev Channel Update

The Chrome Dev channel has been updated to 10.0.648.11 for all platforms. This build contains stability fixes and refinements to the new settings pages. Full details about the Chrome changes are available in the SVN revision log. If you find new issues, please let us know by filing a bug. Want to change to another Chrome release channel? Find out how.

Jason Kersey

Google Chrome

Source: Google Chrome Releases blog

Dev Channel Update

The Chrome Dev channel has been updated to 10.0.648.11 for all platforms. This build contains stability fixes and refinements to the new settings pages. Full details about the Chrome changes are available in the SVN revision log. If you find new issues, please let us know by filing a bug. Want to change to another Chrome release channel? Find out how.

Jason Kersey

Google Chrome

the update automatically disabled all the flags :huh:

i am getting this massage upon chrome startup

"You are using an unspported command-line flag --enable-nacl stability and security will suffer"

:unsure:

The Chrome Dev channel has been updated to 10.0.648.18 for all platforms. This build contains the following updates:

All

Updated V8 - 3.0.12.8

[73562] Removed icon from View Background Pages menu item in wrench menu. (Issue: 71489)

[r73158] Fix crash on closing Download Manager (Issue: 71027)

[r73207] Auto-scroll while drag and dropping apps on the New Tab Page (Issue: 70965)

webNavigation extension API ready for testing (Issue: 60100)

Mac/Linux

[r73163] Find bug where web text input would sometimes trigger find-in-page (Issue: 70644)

Full details about the Chrome changes are available in the SVN revision log. If you find new issues, please let us know by filing a bug. Want to change to another Chrome release channel? Find out how.

I disagree, I think font rendering done with directwrite looks terrible, if Google do implement it, I hope that, unlike Microsoft they make it possible to turn it off.

The Chrome Dev channel has been updated to 10.0.648.45 for all platforms. This build contains the following updates:

Updated V8 - 3.0.12.12

Many Crash fixes

Background applications UI cleanup

Additional settings UI cleanup

Fix for differential installers not applying cleanly

[r74051] Horizontal scroll should not move the options behind Settings. (Issue 71689)

[r74060] No sound in extension with Chromium (Issue 57263)

The Chrome Dev channel has been updated to 10.0.648.45 for all platforms. This build contains the following updates:

Updated V8 - 3.0.12.12

Many Crash fixes

Background applications UI cleanup

Additional settings UI cleanup

Fix for differential installers not applying cleanly

[r74051] Horizontal scroll should not move the options behind Settings. (Issue 71689)

[r74060] No sound in extension with Chromium (Issue 57263)

Where can I download the installer?

• 2 weeks later...

Dev Channel Update

The Chrome Dev channel has been updated to 10.0.648.82 for all platforms. This release primarily contains stability fixes from the last dev channel. Full details about the Chrome changes are available in the SVN revision log. If you find new issues, please let us know by filing a bug. Want to change to another Chrome release channel? Find out how.

Jason Kersey

Google Chrome