Neowin Digital Gallery - Yearly Edition 2011

I've got 6 months of stuff to go through (though not a lot)

But I pulled out this one, and this is literally how it came from the camera (other than PS for resizing)

Is there anything I can do to it? It seems perfect as it is :s

0I4ygb

Holy ****, that is one nasty spider, I googled:

The Goliath birdeater is fairly harmless to humans, as are most species of tarantulas. Like all tarantulas, they have fangs large enough to break the skin of a human (0.75?1.5 inches or 1.9?3.8 cm). They carry venom in their fangs and have been known to bite when threatened, but the venom is relatively harmless and its effects are comparable to those of a wasp's sting. Also when threatened they rub their abdomen with their hind legs and release hairs that are a severe irritant to the skin and mucus membranes. They are urticating hairs that can even be harmful to humans, and are considered by some to be the most harmful tarantula urticating hair of all. Tarantulas generally bite humans only in self-defense, and these bites do not always result in envenomation (known as a "dry bite"). The Goliath birdeater has poor eyesight and mainly relies on vibrations in the ground that it can sense from its burrow.

Females always mate, but sometimes may end up eating their mates.

Nasty Mofo

Time to bring this back on topic, as I hate spiders!

Took this on Honeymoon in August '06 and I decided to tidy it up a bit. It was taken on a Point and Shoot Kodak, 5MP I think. Using Auto, as this was before I learnt to use the different functions of a camera!

post-130223-0-79761500-1307571753.jpg

^ I like it

5813406073_c59db6d979.jpg

Brothers. by Paulo Franco, on Flickr

My bro's^ woulda been nice if I would not have cut the one off at the edge of the frame, but there wasn't much time and was using a fixed focal length.

5813974940_699c8c4986.jpg

DSC_0398 by Paulo Franco, on Flickr

5813405725_d139e9caf3.jpg

DSC_0397 by Paulo Franco, on Flickr

5813974436_36348941b8.jpg

DSC_0396 by Paulo Franco, on Flickr

Also, I don't know if I changed a setting by accident, or if others have experienced this recently, but images that are linked from flickr no longer load in this forum for me, just the link shows up. Photo attachments will show up, just not links from other sites...

Note: I did click NSFW (as I was at work the other day) but have since unchecked that... Do you know if any settings may have been changed due to that and not changed back when I unchecked block things which my be NSFW?

@remus_lupin You images on the previous page work fine but you last post they are just links. I think there is a setting in your profile but it should affect all linked photo's.

@remus_lupin You images on the previous page work fine but you last post they are just links. I think there is a setting in your profile but it should affect all linked photo's.

This is odd, even on the previous page others photos as well as mine still only show up as links... Clearly there is a setting that has been adjusted, I searched through again and couldn't find anything... I will find it eventually I guess

thanks for responding!

This is odd, even on the previous page others photos as well as mine still only show up as links... Clearly there is a setting that has been adjusted, I searched through again and couldn't find anything... I will find it eventually I guess

thanks for responding!

Weird thing for me is it was only your LAST post of images that's showing as links for me. The Option is under My Settings > Forums > Board Preferences.

Weird thing for me is it was only your LAST post of images that's showing as links for me. The Option is under My Settings > Forums > Board Preferences.

Yeah, that's where I thought it was, already been through there, maybe I am missing something that is looking me straight in the face...

"I'm at work" is unchecked

"Show attachments as links" is unchecked... it seems to me that those are the only two that would possibly apply (more-so the first one)

Yeah, that's where I thought it was, already been through there, maybe I am missing something that is looking me straight in the face...

"I'm at work" is unchecked

"Show attachments as links" is unchecked... it seems to me that those are the only two that would possibly apply (more-so the first one)

Assuming you have "View images in posts, such as smilies and posted images?" Checked? It's at the top of the same page.

Assuming you have "View images in posts, such as smilies and posted images?" Checked? It's at the top of the same page.

It's all good now, thanks!

Do you think we could get a mod to delete these posts?

Posts #562 through #568 would be good; I can repost the photos in post #562

Here's one I put together from 4 images. Taken in the South of France, just outside Saint-Cricq. Can't remember what it was called.

Taken using my wee Olympus SP-510UZ, on manual.

f/5.6, 1/1000, ISO100, 6.3mm (according to the EXIF!)

post-130223-0-65635100-1307728239.jpg

Here's one I put together from 4 images. Taken in the South of France, just outside Saint-Cricq. Can't remember what it was called.

Taken using my wee Olympus SP-510UZ, on manual.

f/5.6, 1/1000, ISO100, 6.3mm (according to the EXIF!)

would have been a lot better if the trees were not cut off

would have been a lot better if the trees were not cut off

Agree, but where I was standing was at that level, so I couldn't get much in the way of an angle to get all the trees in.

I do however like the view itself, you can see for miles!