Neowin Digital Gallery - Yearly Edition 2011

Please be honest about this one.

I've had my SLR for about 10 months now, and i think this is my first good pic.

Took it with a Rebel XS with a Canon Telephoto 250mm lens

Awesome shot, very well done!

Also, great shots by everyone lately!

5874613619_b7b53e0577_z.jpg

DSC_0758 by Paulo Franco, on Flickr

My best friend got married yesterday.

5872525141_c9083ffcce.jpg

There's something about this I can't quite like. Beautiful colours, but the setup of the image makes me think I should be looking at the flower, and then realise it's not deformed but the wedding rings sitting in it. And the bride's arm in the background is distracting me from the flowers.

Maybe this is what 'good is subjective' actually means!

The rest are class though, lovely pics.

Awesome shot, very well done!

Also, great shots by everyone lately!

5874613619_b7b53e0577_z.jpg

DSC_0758 by Paulo Franco, on Flickr

I think I might try and convert some of mine to B&W to see how they look, might improve them. Like this ^ btw.

one more...

Class! Loving Mr. Snail.

There's something about this I can't quite like. Beautiful colours, but the setup of the image makes me think I should be looking at the flower, and then realise it's not deformed but the wedding rings sitting in it. And the bride's arm in the background is distracting me from the flowers.

Maybe this is what 'good is subjective' actually means!

The rest are class though, lovely pics.

Thanks yeah when they guy set them up in the flower i wasn't a fan. I got them to go hand over hand on her dress and i loved it.

Thanks yeah when they guy set them up in the flower i wasn't a fan. I got them to go hand over hand on her dress and i loved it.

Totally agree that the hand over hand is much better.

the hand over hand shot is beautiful!!!!..

i dont get the flower concept :s

is this about the ring or marriage?

urs one is warm and lovely :)

the hand over hand shot is beautiful!!!!..

i dont get the flower concept :s

is this about the ring or marriage?

urs one is warm and lovely :)

Oh, so you were there for the honeymoon too? :p

Lol I laughed at this comment it took me a second but I got it.

:shifty:

I wasn't there.

:shifty:

Nice wedding photos Dane.

Here's a bunch from a 7 day canoe trip I did. Got a pelican case for the D7000 so I wouldn't feel so bad about keeping it under the seat of my canoe.

5859015654_bc63e07bf8_z.jpg

5859021564_89db5735f3_z.jpg

5859031268_e9fc626403_z.jpg

5858482989_4498f1a0a0_z.jpg

And a couple from wake boarding out at the lake this weekend. Also glad I had the pelican case in the wake board boat.

5879149327_159910542a_z.jpg

5879148381_2a619fbc45_z.jpg

Me (beard) and my little brother as groomsmen for my cousin

5797808808_94271242e3.jpg

Dino World - Cave City, KY

5848232585_96f7400a7f_z.jpg

Nice wedding photos Dane.

Here's a bunch from a 7 day canoe trip I did. Got a pelican case for the D7000 so I wouldn't feel so bad about keeping it under the seat of my canoe.

5859015654_bc63e07bf8_z.jpg

[u7

Wow, that canoe shot is perfect! However, I feel if the canoe was in the middle, you would've gotten a more complete shot, eg more ripple waves at the back. Man, there's a lake near by where I work, but never am I going to find it's waters as calm as those!

Nice pic, nice idea, Naughty are we? Now we MUST see the rest of the heart :shifty: or that tat, eerrrrrr I mean... the pic is slightly under exposed, mostly because your subject is darker that your background, to avoid this, always make the subject face the light source.

Nice pic, nice idea, Naughty are we? Now we MUST see the rest of the heart :shifty: or that tat, eerrrrrr I mean... the pic is slightly under exposed, mostly because your subject is darker that your background, to avoid this, always make the subject face the light source.

Any better?

img98023.jpg

ABSOLUTELY NOT! She still has clothes on? Seriously? What's the point ! :p

It does look better, look at that "hair flare" by her right shoulder. It now actually stands out rather going unseeing.

ABSOLUTELY NOT! She still has clothes on? Seriously? What's the point ! :p

It does look better, look at that "hair flare" by her right shoulder. It now actually stands out rather going unseeing.

Fine, here ya go

img98282.jpg

:hump :uberhump: :jump:

Was that one modified like the first one? Pretty good.

Now let me ask you a question, having all that space (from what I can see), how come you chose to have trees in the background every single time? IMO they're distracting, specially in that second shot.

Eg. Having her do those poses lying down on the grass, less distractions, then again, it depends on what your ideas were :) couple of cents.

/me closes tab before any of my co-worker women see this :p ( then again I probably shouldn't be here to begin with... but it's... FRIDAY FRIDAY !!! )

:hump :uberhump: :jump:

Was that one modified like the first one? Pretty good.

Now let me ask you a question, having all that space (from what I can see), how come you chose to have trees in the background every single time? IMO they're distracting, specially in that second shot.

Eg. Having her do those poses lying down on the grass, less distractions, then again, it depends on what your ideas were :) couple of cents.

/me closes tab before any of my co-worker women see this :p ( then again I probably shouldn't be here to begin with... but it's... FRIDAY FRIDAY !!! )

You mean like this?

img9743m.jpg

Not the worlds best shot.

Yes!!! Jaja teaser ! It's like your taking the pics at the moment :p

That one is actually pretty good, a little more detail with a higher view and perhaps a more shallow DoF to ease of the grass a bit, but definitely a keeper/print it :p

Now... back to the clothes subject... We've gotten to barely none! keep going :shiftyninja: