Neowin Digital Gallery - Yearly Edition 2011

Air brush much :p?

Pretty much, then I repaired all the spots on her face and arms.

Do you think she looks better air brushed?

Pretty much, then I repaired all the spots on her face and arms.

Do you think she looks better air brushed?

The question is whether i'd hit that or not, then it doesn't matter :p I kid I kid ( Well no I don't, I just don't want to be disrespectful :p )

IMO on the arms and anywhere else you can go crazy, however see how on the untouched one, she has her left eye brow slightly raised and in the spot healed on, that slight expression is nearly gone, eg no details on the face. i'm not saying she looks bad, i'm saying her face looks over processed.

The question is whether i'd hit that or not, then it doesn't matter :p

Screw it, I'll say it. I do her! lol

If she's your girl, I'd say with pics like these she's not against a camera in the bedroom ..... :yes:

If she's not, why not?!

What are you using for the PP, Lightroom or Photoshop? I have to admit, I'd like to get a few pics of my wife and kids brushed up slightly, but not very confident they'd turn out as well as yours.

If she's your girl, I'd say with pics like these she's not against a camera in the bedroom ..... :yes:

If she's not, why not?!

What are you using for the PP, Lightroom or Photoshop? I have to admit, I'd like to get a few pics of my wife and kids brushed up slightly, but not very confident they'd turn out as well as yours.

Lightroom

Hi. i use the brush tool for brushing and i just eyedrop the skin color and then use a very soft brush to brush over the area to make it smoother.

if there are pimples and such use the clone stamp tool in PS..

also..one trick it to do many layers of brushing .. very soft... and then blur it 20px or so.. and reduce opacity of the brushing layer..

P.S. Always do brushing on a seprate layer.

If she's not, why not?!

:laugh:

Hi. i use the brush tool for brushing and i just eyedrop the skin color and then use a very soft brush to brush over the area to make it smoother.

if there are pimples and such use the clone stamp tool in PS..

also..one trick it to do many layers of brushing .. very soft... and then blur it 20px or so.. and reduce opacity of the brushing layer..

P.S. Always do brushing on a seprate layer.

Layers is to much work :p

yep you're the only one, come on crazzy, have some humor old bitter one :) it's the internet, RELAX... IF you noticed after the mandatory hit that, we all chipped in seriously.

Am I the only one who's getting tired of the "OMG ID HIT THAT!" comments?

Pretty much. For the record, I'm not "hitting it", yet.

She might not look it, but she is 25 with 2 kids.

wow! SO... experienced then :laugh: She definitely doesn't look like she's had 2 kids.

P.S. Warwagon, did you add me then block me :p ?

wow! SO... experienced then :laugh: She definitely doesn't look like she's had 2 kids.

P.S. Warwagon, did you add me then block me :p ?

You are unblocked.

"HI WANNA SEE ME PLAY ON MY WEBCAM" is probably not the best first message to send. I block that on instinct.

goof ball.

hehehe would you believe me if I said that I did on purpose? Since I've seen you around here, I knew that was a conversation starter, just didn't expect to get blocked :p

Seems like there's only two or three of you participating in that sort of discussion. It brings down the quality of the rest of the thread/forum. Comments like the ones you guys make would result in being instantly banned on other photo forums I've frequented. It's one thing to post pics of girls and ogle them, but it's different in an "art" threat.

Right... Cause NO ONE in other "serious" forums thinks semi-nude girls aren't hot? I just speak my mind bra :) OH wait... perhaps a: " Oh my warwagon, what a delightful piece of womanhood you've photographed"... I mean... Seriously Crazzy?

Seems like there's only two or three of you participating in that sort of discussion. It brings down the quality of the rest of the thread/forum. Comments like the ones you guys make would result in being instantly banned on other photo forums I've frequented. It's one thing to post pics of girls and ogle them, but it's different in an "art" threat.

Wow, really? I thought it was only a bit of crack, and warwagon doesn't seem to bothered that we are taking the **** a bit!

Okay then, if you insist.

I took this about a year ago at my mates 30th. Think the camera was on fully auto, as I couldn't be bothered messing with settings when trying to take drunk people's picture! The reason I love this image is because, even though disco lights are totally random and can fall anywhere on a dance floor, the spotlight fell on my mate at exactly the moment the camera took the photo. Brilliant! And total fluke.

f/4/0, 1/60, ISO200, 26mm. Heavily adjusted levels in PS, adjusted colour saturation and sharpened slightly.

post-130223-0-49480700-1309593869.jpg

Wow, really? I thought it was only a bit of crack, and warwagon doesn't seem to bothered that we are taking the **** a bit!

f/4/0, 1/60, ISO200, 26mm. Heavily adjusted levels in PS, adjusted colour saturation and sharpened slightly.

+1

Not bad photo, except for that weird hand on the bottom left.

Right... Cause NO ONE in other "serious" forums thinks semi-nude girls aren't hot? I just speak my mind bra :) OH wait... perhaps a: " Oh my warwagon, what a delightful piece of womanhood you've photographed"... I mean... Seriously Crazzy?

I didn't say they were "serious" forums. One of them is digital photography school, which is geared quite toward "beginners." And everybody can think it. Making public comments is different.

I've taken photos of models and have not put some of them up here at Neowin because I didn't want to deal w/ childish "zomg she's hot" comments. It's one thing to say "wow, what a pretty/beautiful model" compared to "omg, I'd hit that." One shows maturity and respect for models. One does not. If you want, and apparently Neowin mods support it based on their allowing of previous comments, you can start a thread where you can post photos of hot girls and discuss their assets there.

I ask you this: Would you raise your hand in a photography class and comment "I'd hit that." Not likely. I don't come here to get color commentary on women. The Digital Gallery should be a place that's free from childish comments. It's a thread to share and learn and discuss photography related things. Yes, discussions do stray from the topic at times, but that should be the focus. I wish a mod or two would weight in on this.

It's all about respect.

I think I have to agree with crazy here, the occasional comment is OK but this has gotten a bit out of hand.

grrrrrrrrrr Ok I guess you're right...

We should add to the guidelines something along the lines of:

"Cussing out babe wording is not illegal, but is frowned upon" :) or something like that?

Three Mile Island

5905942328_3773ccc85c.jpg

Cooling tower and unit 1 reactor.

5905386715_5771b6041d.jpg

Haven't figured out how to take decent firework pictures.

5905942210_a1e0f9059b.jpg

Airplane on final approach to Harrisburg international airport.

5905941996_b3d53a10ca.jpg

@warwagon, mind sharing the settings?

If you want to get rid of these shadows, you should use some kind of reflector or fill flash. Also, you need to position yourself better, like that grass shot, you could've lied down too, give it a shallower depth of field.

I'm still a beginner, just my 2 cents.

Here is my first attempt at a proper picture with my new camera.

post-234086-0-89048600-1309999535.jpg

Camera is a Fuji Finepix S2800HD

Settings were set to auto mode... so no skills there then :)

Cropped a little in photoshop

Any tips would be welcome.