Apple fanboy?

Why is it that when you defend an Apple product, you're labelled a fanboy?! I hate it. It annoys me. I have two Apple products, and I am 100% happy with them. What, so I can't find any real flaws in the way I use them, so I'm a fanboy?

I don't get it!!!! Anyone else get irked this much about it? LOL!

LOL I've owned an iPhone 3g, 3Gs and now iPhone 4. I HATE iOS and it's neutering. Every time I can I will argue against iOS and how I would love android on the iPhone 4. Does that make me a troll? Nope, just an unsatisfied customer. The reason I stick with iPhone is because of the iPod functionality and SQ, but I have to deal with iOS... so Meh...

Get over it. I think the term is generally more aimed at those who defend blindly. I own a number of apple devices, and would never stretch so far as to find them 100% satisfying.

• Like 2

Why is it that when you defend an Apple product, you're labelled a fanboy?! I hate it. It annoys me. I have two Apple products, and I am 100% happy with them. What, so I can't find any real flaws in the way I use them, so I'm a fanboy?

Doesnt matter if it is Apple or not. People just like to spout off that word to get to others and upset them. Just dont let it get to you...even tho its againts NEOWIN rules to call people that word, people still do and the rule is not really enforced.

I have said for quite a while for every fanboy, there is a hateboy. Hateboy's brand anybody saying anything positive as fanboy's, and fanboy's brand anybody saying anything negative as hateboy's. They're both the same problem, they have too much passion for an inanimate object or corporation... that just seems weird to me.

Those in the middle, let's call them "normboy's" are branded both and have both sides constantly bickering at them.... it gets incredibly annoying.

• Like 3

Well, of course it doesn't affect my life in general ... it just makes me hate that I'm surrounded by idiots on this forum. Since, when I have been called a fanboy, I've just put my opinion across ... I've never said Apple are perfect. One guy even said that I had said it was like a god ... I mean ... I never said that. lol.

But yeah ... you're right. Get over it I guess. I am. Just thought I'd see if other people felt a little attacked when they defended things they own here. lol.

I have said for quite a while for every fanboy, there is a hateboy. Hateboy's brand anybody saying anything positive as fanboy's, and fanboy's brand anybody saying anything negative as hateboy's. They're both the same problem, they have too much passion for an inanimate object or corporation... that just seems weird to me.

Those in the middle, let's call them "normboy's" are branded both and have both sides constantly bickering at them.... it gets incredibly annoying.

Well, hateboys don't necessarily do that. How do I know? Well, I'm an Apple hateboy. (& I'm not too proud to admit it, BTW, but that's besides the point.) Yeah, I constantly talk about how Apple sucks & nothings good about it, but I don't go around telling everyone who likes it that they're fanboys...

Doesnt matter if it is Apple or not. People just like to spout off that word to get to others and upset them. Just dont let it get to you...even tho its againts NEOWIN rules to call people that word, people still do and the rule is not really enforced.

Yes it is enforced.

I have 2 warnings for calling Firefox users fanboys!!

It' nothing personal against Firefox, but the people who think/thought it was the greatest invention since the wheel are nauseating. Like it never had a flaw or security issue or anything else. I have noticed how many of those people are now thinking Chrome is the next greatest thing. :x

Same goes for people who think/thought Google is the greatest thing ever, period!!

There's no convincing those people otherwise!!

The thing is, if you use it and like it, who cares what others think or say. It's called individualism, which there is very litlle left of in the world. Can't believe how many can't make up their own minds anymore.

Example:

After posting my message above and returning to the front page, there's a posting about which backpack should I get?

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/980854-which-backpack-to-get/page__pid__593766054#entry593766054

Sheesh! Now there's a tough decision!! :no:

LOL I've owned an iPhone 3g, 3Gs and now iPhone 4. I HATE iOS and it's neutering. Every time I can I will argue against iOS and how I would love android on the iPhone 4. Does that make me a troll? Nope, just an unsatisfied customer. The reason I stick with iPhone is because of the iPod functionality and SQ, but I have to deal with iOS... so Meh...

So android doesn't have a music player? You hate iOS so much and keep sticking with it... sounds like the other way around lol.

I'm not anyone's fanboy. Each company creates their good and bad products and there's nothing bad in using what you like.

The whole fan/hateboy arguments are so childish, but then again I think we have a bunch of them here :laugh:

So android doesn't have a music player? You hate iOS so much and keep sticking with it... sounds like the other way around lol.

I'm not anyone's fanboy. Each company creates their good and bad products and there's nothing bad in using what you like.

The whole fan/hateboy arguments are so childish, but then again I think we have a bunch of them here :laugh:

as much as I like Android over iOS, Android is really lacking in terms of built in media functionality.

How is this any different than being labelled a fanboy for replying to a negative remark against any product with a more positive view?

Happens with everything.

The only thing that differs is where you share your opinion, some places are more bias to a certain brand/product than other places.

• Like 2

Generally because people who defend Apple products get overly zealous and basically everything else sucks. If it's not Apple then it's not worth having.

I love Apple's form factors. They come out with some beautiful devices but apart from that their devices are basically meh. Can get better devices, cheaper from other manufacturers.

In saying that, I am still seriously considering getting an iPad 2 lol.

I own a number of different Apple products, and I have been buying them for years. I'm no fanboy though, I complain about my Mac as much as a user of a Windows PC would about their gear.

Breaking news: There's a distinct lack of civility online.

Seriously though, yes, it's annoying. No, there's nothing you can do about it. There are always going to be people who are overzealous on both sides, and people who can't see the value in Apple products for the life of them.

Actually, there is something you can do: Go down the rabbit hole and into a mirror world!

To be fair, on average Neowin's a lot kinder to Mac users than MR treats people who dare speak against their beloved company.

I didnt even know what a fanboy was until i regularly visited this forum and now it's stuffed down my throat in every thread. It took me a while to determine when someone was giving an opinion and when someone was being a fan boy - it's hard to work that out on this forum because the term is thrown around left right and center.

Windows Phone thread - someone comes in and says why apple is better (or vice versa) out of the blue - FANBOY

General comparison thread - some are defensive of apple, some are defensive of windows... OPINION, DEFENDING A PRODUCT U LIKE.. not a fanboy, but likely to still get labeled.

It's a easy response for people who are not capable of an intelligent response. "Yeah well.... FANBOY!" I tend to defend companies if I think people are wrong in their bashing of them, which has gotten me called a fanboy of a few amusing things. Like an iPhone fanboy when I have an Android phone, and Android fanboy when I had an iPhone, a Mac fanboy when I run Linux on my Macbook, etc, haha. I just find it amusing myself. It's the current "in" word.

Actually, I find arguments online to be absolutely hilarious. Don't get me wrong, I'll challenge something you say to debate something, but I find it funny when people get so emotional. It amuses me to think that there really are people who really get ****ed off when Apple or Microsoft or insert random company name here, does something. It's part of the reason I'm not quite as active on online message boards these days. Seems like a lot of 15 year olds running around that think they know everything and getting all emotional over a tech company or product. :laugh:

A fanboy is someone who defends a company without sound evidence. Most of the time the word is thrown around just to discredit someone else's argument. I try my best to keep it general and not directed towards someone "The iFans would have you believe that Apple products are flawless and top of the line", "I think Fandroids are misguided when they say that their platform is open." etc.

You have to have thick-skin around here ;)

Apple fanboys are the ones who tell you the reason they think Apple products are the best in the world is because "it just works," "it doesn't crash," "the same people build the hardware and software" or other lines directly from Apple's marketing. These are usually the same people who buy a Mac solely because of the "cool factor," and probably don't know a single thing about the OS on a technical level.

• Like 3

^^ This. There are many people on Forums who follow a company blindly and can fight for that company even if the company is wrong, its not limited to apple costumers, there are Windows fanboys, android fanboys, linux fanboys, etc etc. dont worry, you will see lots of fanboys in IRL as well as on internet.

Music player != Sound Quality. As it is, no other cellphone at the moment has the frequency response the iPhone has ( And by frequency response I mean scientifically proven test, not just subjective to what buds you're using).

In essence it's like following your favourite football/baseball/sport team. Similar motives and will stop at nothing to defend them.

Any positive comments or posts about Apple on Neowin are always met with fanboy/sheep/isheep/Steve Jobs Reality Distortion Field etc, usually from Android users. Despite what evidence (or even personal choice) you back your point up with.

I probably sound like an Apple fanboy, however I have owned plenty of Android devices including a Desire, and just find Apple products better fit my needs (although they certainly could be improved).