Apple fanboy?

YEah I know they're Dell made know, but my point is he kept going on how no known manufacturer upped teh price like apple

If your referring to Alienware:

http://www.alienware.com/Landings/laptops.aspx

Remember the most expensive iMac was $1,999 which had a i5 processor, and the $1,200 iMac only had a i3 Processor. And the differences between the graphics card in both machines is huge. The iMac still comes with a low end d3d 10.1 card the 460m is a decent d3d 11 card.

Remember that card is 4 times faster than the 5830 and the iMac only comes with the HD 47xx card, so imagine the difference :).

But you forget, you're paying $2000 for an OS, hardware is free /sarcasm :p

Edit: I just realized eviltwigflipper are you gay? OMG Homosheep!! (if you get my point :) not trying to be offensive )

YEah I know they're Dell made know, but my point is he kept going on how no known manufacturer upped teh price like apple

But you forget, you're paying $2000 for an OS, hardware is free /sarcasm :p

Edit: I just realized eviltwigflipper are you gay? OMG Homosheep!! (if you get my point :) not trying to be offensive )

Offtopic:

Yeah which is why I was discharged from the Marine Corp :p, and Marines can't be sheep were always leaders even if we drag people kicking and screaming :p. And remember...Marines...if you haven't gone through Marine basic you don't know any of the good insults.

All MacHeads are sheep all Apple has to do is design a newer shinier product and they will continue to be in business despite the lack of power in the device that you purchase.

Shut up you silly, insulting little boy. I have seen you insult people here multiple times in this thread and it is sickening. Grow up and take part in the conversation properly instead of resorting to these stupid remarks.

Companies make profit. Apple makes profit. They're a company. People buy their products because they like them. MacOS is my favourite OS hence why I have a Mac (as well as making iPhone games with Apple tools), and no amount of pathetic, childish, ignorant and downright intellectually lacking insults will change this fact.

YOU are a perfect example of one of the morons I was talking about when I started this thread.

Would you like to continue insulting or are you going to stop pulling your false business facts out of your ass and discuss the topic I started? Try and explain why you feel you have the right and reason to call people fanboy or whatever else suits your needs at the time, and don't use rules that generalise. Because not everyone who owns an Apple product is an 'idiot' as you so disgracefully insist. There's plenty of idiots running Windows/Unix systems, and so far, it would appear you're one of them.

Offtopic:

Yeah which is why I was discharged from the Marine Corp :p, and Marines can't be sheep were always leaders even if we drag people kicking and screaming :p. And remember...Marines...if you haven't gone through Marine basic you don't know any of the good insults.

Gay and a marine? Double teh sheep! Make that sheep squared! all marines are sheeps! Dumb****s balls of nobrain muscle.

THis is what you look like in this thread :)

Offtopic:

Offtopic ... Marines are sheep. That's the point of any military organisation.

Really? Okay, I?ll give you another chance. Tell me all the costs needed to know how much an iMac costs for Apple.

Distribution of parts, manufacture of parts, delivery of parts, design of parts (since design for these devices IS custom, to fit them into the TINY packages they come in) ... this guy doesn't know what he's talking about and he resorts to insulting the whole Apple community. Which is mind blowing considering that's exactly what my thread started as and he's strengthening my topic subject!

:laugh: evolllllllllllll

Thing is ... to go to any kind of battle, the military, in every level, need commanding officers who make decisions, but for the most part, the ground guys are the guys who end up being sheep. That's a choice they make and it's how wars are won. I'm not even saying it's a bad thing. Just a fact really.

Distribution of parts, manufacture of parts, delivery of parts, design of parts (since design for these devices IS custom, to fit them into the TINY packages they come in) ... this guy doesn't know what he's talking about and he resorts to insulting the whole Apple community. Which is mind blowing considering that's exactly what my thread started as and he's strengthening my topic subject!

Thing is ... to go to any kind of battle, the military, in every level, need commanding officers who make decisions, but for the most part, the ground guys are the guys who end up being sheep. That's a choice they make and it's how wars are won. I'm not even saying it's a bad thing. Just a fact really.

Agreed, which was my point in teh beggining in the thread... the iphone uses an L shaped mobo, no to mention the mac book air weird mobo design as well

Really? Okay, I?ll give you another chance. Tell me all the costs needed to know how much an iMac costs for Apple.

I know how much the hardware costs :), so since there is a huge price gap between the cost of the hardware and the actual price this would cause most people just find a different place to shop, not mac users ironically :). As far as the cost of the hardware I laid it out on the previous page.

YOU are a perfect example of one of the morons I was talking about when I started this thread.

Would you like to continue insulting or are you going to stop pulling your false business facts out of your ass and discuss the topic I started? Try and explain why you feel you have the right and reason to call people fanboy or whatever else suits your needs at the time, and don't use rules that generalise. Because not everyone who owns an Apple product is an 'idiot' as you so disgracefully insist. There's plenty of idiots running Windows/Unix systems, and so far, it would appear you're one of the

I'm not insulting I'm just stating facts and if it makes you look stupid its not my fault :).

HARDWARE COST:

Graphics Card: $20-$30 - A low end D3D 10.1 card with only 256mb of ram, the 1gb version is only $62 http://www.newegg.co...82E16814150525t, so there 256mb card probably costs Apple maybe $20-$30

Ram: $20 - Only 4gb of ram(You can get 12gb of good ram for $120 http://www.newegg.co...5-235-_-Product).

Processor: $129(http://www.newegg.co...5-078-_-Product).

DVD-Drive: $20-40 - A "superdrive"(DVD drive)

HardDrive: $50 - 500gb hd

Screen: $139 a 21 inch screen

Thats the cost of the hardware as I posted before now that adds up to $400 on something there selling for $1200 thats a $800 gap in the device your buying, if its costing Apple $800 to distribute that device than they are doing something wrong :p. And remember in the previous page on the $1999 iMac only has $650 worth of hardware.

Now look at the Alienware laptop I posted above, now remember the iMac is a desktop and the Alienware laptop is portable the difference in the i3 and i5 processor( in the Alienware ) and the graphics cards in the iMac(low end D3D 10.1 card) and the Alienware laptop(medium range D3D 11 card) adds enough power for the laptop to do circles around the most expensive iMac for almost half the price(and thats just the base model).

So either Apple is doing something or they are gouging there customers, and there customers actually enjoy it which is interesting :).

• Like 1

I own multiple Apple products but I know when something is right and wrong. I love my iPhone and my Macbook but some of the business practices of Apple of late are wrong if you look at it from the consumer standpoint and in this economy it's hard to plunk down the extra money for the apple tax for what looks like Apple trying to restrict my ability to use what I purchased the way I want to use them.

So im assuming your selling it to them in peices and after they buy it for them to kiss your *** if it doesnt work or they need help?

Smart buisnessman, youll go far,,, you keep saying hardware, but you also get support included when you buy oem hardware, so listing the price each part and going OOOOH THEY ARE OVERCHARGING is a pile of crap

I will agree with you to an extent, mainly disagree on the appletax part. But dont get me wrong, i still like apples stuff, i own a MBP, multiple iPods, and an iPad, but i also have Xbox, WinXp, Win7, WinMo phone (as backup). And a Linux box. I like Apple as a company as much as Microsoft and Sony(ps3), well ok, sony i dont like to much.

I own multiple Apple products but I know when something is right and wrong. I love my iPhone and my Macbook but some of the business practices of Apple of late are wrong if you look at it from the consumer standpoint and in this economy it's hard to plunk down the extra money for the apple tax for what looks like Apple trying to restrict my ability to use what I purchased the way I want to use them.

Comparing laptops:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152239&cm_re=laptop_i7_nvidia_8gb-_-34-152-239-_-Product

For $1,499.99

CPU Type: Intel Core i7-2630QM 2.0GHz

Hard Disk 1TB

Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M

Video Memory 1.5GB GDDR5 VRAM

Memory 8GB

15-inch MacBook Pro(comparable specs to the above with only a 750gb hd) $2,134

2.0GHz Intel Core i7

8GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB

750GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm

SuperDrive 8x (DVD?R DL/DVD?RW/CD-RW)

Intel HD Graphics 3000

So for a $650 price difference you get less, the MacBook pro for that price only has a integrated graphics ship with a slightly smaller hard drive.

I know how much the hardware costs :), so since there is a huge price gap between the cost of the hardware and the actual price this would cause most people just find a different place to shop, not mac users ironically :). As far as the cost of the hardware I laid it out on the previous page.

Are you trying to avoid my question again? I?ll give you a third chance. Enumerate all the different costs.

I don?t care about the cost of the hardware, we all know how it works. However, I did notice your 21.5 in monitor was probably the cheapest you?ve found on the Internet. It happens the iMac has one of the top five monitors of this kind. So even your hardware needs a little revision buddy. ;)

Are you trying to avoid my question again?

I don?t care about the cost of the hardware, we all know how it works. However, I did notice your 21.5 in monitor was probably the cheapest you?ve found on the Internet. It happens the iMac has one of the top five monitors of this kind. So even your hardware needs a little revision buddy. ;)

Thats a expensive 21 inch monitor than, I've compared a monitor I bought vs the iMacs and there is very little visible difference between the two :). And I'm not avoiding your question I answered it I said the cost of the parts is $400 than leaves a $800 price gap it doesn't matter why its marked up $800 on top of the cost of the hardware, but it is marked $800 more if you want to pay that difference be my guest I'm just point out facts :).

An MSI laptop off newegg ? I had to chuckle at that one. Apple and MSI arent even in the same ballpark when comes to build quality, support, or just about anything else. Go with a sturdy non flimsy plastic crap from HP or Dell, its in their small buisness section, the only HP/Dells that will hold up and not break apart when you look at them funny

An MSI laptop off newegg ? I had to chuckle at that one. Apple and MSI arent even in the same ballpark when comes to build quality, support, or just about anything else. Go with a sturdy non flimsy plastic crap from HP or Dell, its in their small buisness section, the only HP/Dells that will hold up and not break apart when you look at them funny

Don't drop it seems simple to me :).

What. Are. The. OTHER costs?

Who knows who cares if you like spending $1200 for a machine that only has the power of a machine $400 be my guest haha. I just said other costs cause past the cost of the hardware everything else is speculative.

Comparing laptops:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152239&cm_re=laptop_i7_nvidia_8gb-_-34-152-239-_-Product

For $1,499.99

15-inch MacBook Pro(comparable specs to the above with only a 750gb hd) $2,134

So for a $650 price difference you get less, the MacBook pro for that price only has a integrated graphics ship with a slightly smaller hard drive.

You're padding that cost quite a bit. Anyone actually serious about buying a Mac would be upgrading the memory and HDD themselves. Second, all of the 15" models come with an ATI board in there in addition to the on board Intel card. Are you also factoring in the cost of additions that you get with the MacBook Pro? Accellerometer, bluetooth, displayport, Thunderbolt, Firewire, multitouch trackpad, backlit keyboard, ambient light sensor, and a battery that will last you more than 3 hours?

They report how much their support manufacturing costs are

past the cost of the hardware everything else is speculative.

Guys, ignore eviltwigflipper.

She is beyond sense.

She is comparing a Kia to a BMW and her justification is "Well aren't they both cars?"

SHE is a HE

Guys, ignore eviltwigflipper.

She is beyond sense.

She is comparing a Kia to a BMW and her justification is "Well aren't they both cars?"

Offtopic: I'm a guy bro :p.

All of the 15" models come with an ATI board

Accellerometer, bluetooth, displayport, Thunderbolt, Firewire, multitouch trackpad, backlit keyboard, ambient light sensor, and a battery that will last you more than 3 hours?

I saw the ATI board it comes with(after I refreshed the page), it still doesn't compare the NVIDIA chip I posted in the cheap MSI laptop, and it only has 256mb of memory.

Nothing uses thunderbolt yet, I've personally never saw the use for bluetooth on a PC, and why would you need a multitouch trackpad?

Offtopic: I'm a guy bro :p.

I saw the ATI board it comes with(after I refreshed the page), it still doesn't compare the NVIDIA chip I posted in the cheap MSI laptop, and it only has 256mb of memory.

Nothing uses thunderbolt yet, I've personally never saw the use for bluetooth on a PC, and why would you need a multitouch trackpad?

Well that's you. Doesn't mean all that stuff suddenly becomes free if you don't use it...

If that's not stating the obvious.