Meet the browser: Firefox Next

When you backup it will say Firefox 4,because it saves the profile of the current version you have.And it doesn't matter when you restore later.But if you want to be sure there won't be any problems you can only restore your bookmarks,history and passwords,without the settings and addons.

Sweet Download Manager and easy to access IMO. Waiting for some UX overhaul from Mozilla.

No we do not want more visual overhauls. It's fine as it is. I preferred the addons menu to be seperated like 3.6 was when working with stylish scripts it is easier. when you want to make changes in stylish code you gotta make the change, close the stylish editor window, then look at the site, then re-open to change again... unless you make a new browser window for it.

I prefer the seperated download manager window.

No we do not want more visual overhauls. It's fine as it is. I preferred the addons menu to be seperated like 3.6 was when working with stylish scripts it is easier. when you want to make changes in stylish code you gotta make the change, close the stylish editor window, then look at the site, then re-open to change again... unless you make a new browser window for it.

I prefer the separate stylish window for sure, but I think the new download manager is a great idea. Its easily accessible from every browser window and easily hidden.

I prefer the separate stylish window for sure, but I think the new download manager is a great idea. Its easily accessible from every browser window and easily hidden.

But it appears it still needs a bit of work.

yes but does it minimize to task bar still?.. If I wanna check on my download wjile FF is minimized...without going back to the browser window to check on it....

yeah. that... screenshots please...if they changed the usual.....

For your Stylish problem, set "extensions.stylish.manageView" to 1 in about:config

One memory patch landing:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=664290

More like it will discard decoded images early.

Also awesome memory patch by Nicholas:

http://blog.mozilla.com/nnethercote/2011/06/21/you-make-what-you-measure/

Will be in FF7...

someone on the firefox forums said that html5test gets a better score in version 7 :) im curious what it is for 4, 5, 6, and 7 to do a comparison.

oh yeah Thanks!!!!! :)

No problem. ;)

One memory patch landing:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=664290

More like it will discard decoded images early.

Also awesome memory patch by Nicholas:

http://blog.mozilla.com/nnethercote/2011/06/21/you-make-what-you-measure/

Will be in FF7...

Nice! I really don't have a problem with Nightly's memory usage compared to FF5 and especially 4, but it's great that they still see room for improvement.

Crap! Logmein's plugin finally got updated not too long ago for Firefox 4 and now 5 is out. At the speed they work it will be another month or two before they get an updated plugin out.

Now that 5 is out, how long before we get a beta of 6?

give it a week or two then the channels will all jump

I Redid my firefox profile today and I asked this question a while ago but I forgot how and don't want to look through all these threads. :D

So yeah.. Stylish opens in tabs again when I go to manage styles, how do I go about getting it back to open in it's own window? Like it's old behavior?

^ the tests need to all be done on the same machine otherwise the numbers just aren't as accurate (differences in hardware and all that)

I Redid my firefox profile today and I asked this question a while ago but I forgot how and don't want to look through all these threads. :D

So yeah.. Stylish opens in tabs again, how do I go about getting it back to open in it's own window? Like it's old behavior?

i believe it was stated on the previous page, or maybe the last page of the firefox 5 thread

one of the two, it shouldn't be too hard to find though since it was just stated recently