Meet the browser: Firefox Next

How can I get previous versions of a addon to work on the new FF5? I am trying to get stratiform 1.1 to work because the new version does not have the IE9 design for FF. :(

How can I get previous versions of a addon to work on the new FF5? I am trying to get stratiform 1.1 to work because the new version does not have the IE9 design for FF. :(

look up compatibility reporter

^ the tests need to all be done on the same machine otherwise the numbers just aren't as accurate (differences in hardware and all that)

i believe it was stated on the previous page, or maybe the last page of the firefox 5 thread

one of the two, it shouldn't be too hard to find though since it was just stated recently

k, thanks, I shall dig.

^ the tests need to all be done on the same machine otherwise the numbers just aren't as accurate (differences in hardware and all that)

FF5

post-293012-0-87927900-1308804668.png (independent of system but OS AFAIK)

FF7 (22 June)

post-293012-0-48987700-1308803342.png

nice! and how are youtube and other HTML5 vids on 7?

also hows the memory/commit usage? show task manager screenshots... try to have around 20 some tabs open.... and do a lot on them...

(I don't wanna install it yet tho)

CPU usage for video playback depends on the computer, for me 1080p WebM video is only 1-2% CPU, while on somebody else's computer it might be 100%.

And the HTML5 test site isn't hardware dependant, it's based simply on what the browser can do.

My results, the nightly build performs better but by a small and probably unnoticeable margin.

472868316.PNG

My results, the nightly build performs better but by a small and probably unnoticeable margin.

wait for PGO to re enable

and why is everyone hell bent on turning FF into chrome... if they want chrome they should use chrome!

472868316.PNG

How do you get it to look like this?

Anyone else had problems updating to today's nightly from the help?I had to manually download it.

Same here with aurora.

EDIT: I can't even download it manually, I get a size mismatch.

The current nightly changes the background color of an inactive tab when there's a notification. (say, a new PM from facebook, or a new email). Or has it been there for a while now?

The current nightly changes the background color of an inactive tab when there's a notification. (say, a new PM from facebook, or a new email). Or has it been there for a while now?

Hasn't it been like that since Firefox 4? I don't recall because I've been using the nightly for so long.

Hasn't it been like that since Firefox 4? I don't recall because I've been using the nightly for so long.

It's doing it since Firefox 4 but only for inactive App-tabs.

Is it possible to disable the "Hide http" feature?

Does it make such a big difference whether or not http:// is still shown?

For what it's worth: https:// is still shown in the address bar.