PS3 update available (3.61) + commencment of PSN restoration

sweet, so it's like every other firmware update in the history of the ps3... i'll wait a day or so until everyone is done rushing off to update their ps3.

I thought I was the only one and it was because of my wireless network problems? Thanks for confirming.

Yeah, that was a long update lol? 1% per 20 seconds.

Why the hell did they start from USA when that's their lowest customer base? :wacko:

Really? You have some numbers to support that?

Me? I wouldn't even worry about bringing the EU back online tbh, but that's just me and I'm more about principal than money.

PS - how's it feel to find out you're NOT the most important place on the planet to Sony?

Why the hell did they start from USA when that's their lowest customer base? :wacko:

Sorry bro your claim is wrong.... US has the highest customer base followed by Europe.

I think u are confused with the Xbox outselling PS3 in the US

Source

Toronto Canada is up and running. Black Ops is working with minor lags and closed servers, but still good :)

Sorry bro your claim is wrong.... US has the highest customer base followed by Europe.

I think u are confused with the Xbox outselling PS3 in the US

Source

That chart talks out it's backside, the figures in it are made up from a best guess from an outside source (IDG)

Sony themselves have said that they've sold at least 16m units in the EU

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/260424/news/ps3-sales-hit-16m-in-europe-sony-confirms/

Yep, the UK is online! :)

Now to wait for the PlayStation Store to come back online.

I've been prompted to follow the instructions in the e-mail, but I haven't got the e-mail yet. So close, and yet so far! :(

At last - well now they can work on bringing the network functionality back on. I gotta check my account history etc. ;)

Woop!

And don't mention the rain, it just brings more rain, lol.

With PSN back up, I don't think the rain is going to bother me. At least we've had a few good weeks of sun recently!

It's a crying shame I have an exam tomorrow. Although, ingenious idea: Play MAG with my uni-mate, talk revise via our headsets. Flawless.

Sorry for the double-post, but in an interesting turn of events, people here in the UK that sign into PSN and then sign out cannot sign back in. Two of my housemates have been able to sign in without any trouble (after changing their password) but if they sign out and try to get back in, they are prompted with the 'PSN is down for maintenance' message.

Whether or not this is a nationwide issue, but I'd suggest that people wishing to stay online for the time being should not sign out at any point.

I'll add another bug to the list. Portal 2's trophies aren't syncing up with the Steam achievements. I'm unlocking trophies, but not the achievements. :/

Sorry for the double-post, but in an interesting turn of events, people here in the UK that sign into PSN and then sign out cannot sign back in. Two of my housemates have been able to sign in without any trouble (after changing their password) but if they sign out and try to get back in, they are prompted with the 'PSN is down for maintenance' message.

Whether or not this is a nationwide issue, but I'd suggest that people wishing to stay online for the time being should not sign out at any point.

I have the same problem. I didn't even sign out originally, but when loading Gran Turismo, I kept getting server connection errors. Restarted the console, and now I can't log in again. Ah well, not going to have much time now until next weekend. Hopefully it will be backup by then! :p

I'll add another bug to the list. Portal 2's trophies aren't syncing up with the Steam achievements. I'm unlocking trophies, but not the achievements. :/

I think it syncs when you go to the main menu. You should see a could sync on the top with a progress bar.

I think it syncs when you go to the main menu. You should see a could sync on the top with a progress bar.

No, the achievements definitely unlock the same time as the trophies; that's how it was going before the PSN went down.

Yea, I haven't signed in the first time to change my password and it is giving me the "down for maintenance" message.

Scratch that, all working fine now.

No, the achievements definitely unlock the same time as the trophies; that's how it was going before the PSN went down.

Portal 2 came out after PSN went down (April 19 vs April 14)... So I'm not sure how you could say that's how it was before as there was no "before."

Portal 2 came out after PSN went down (April 19 vs April 14)... So I'm not sure how you could say that's how it was before as there was no "before."

My copy arrived a day early, and I was playing it for most of the 20th, before the PSN went down that night.