PS3 update available (3.61) + commencment of PSN restoration

Portal 2 came out after PSN went down (April 19 vs April 14)... So I'm not sure how you could say that's how it was before as there was no "before."

PSN was turned off on the 20th.

The issue seems to have been resolved. People can now sign back into PSN.

Portal 2 came out after PSN went down (April 19 vs April 14)... So I'm not sure how you could say that's how it was before as there was no "before."

Actually the PSN went down either that night of Portal 2's release or IIRC it was indeed the next day. I linked up my Steam account on the PS3 and got my free copy on PC and Mac no problems the day it was released.

Still getting the Maintenance message. But what's another day? I'll try again tomorrow.

Well, I was able to get the system update -- but I still can't log on. I'm getting different error messages each time:

PlayStation Network is currently undergoing maintenance.

An error has occurred. You have been signed out of PlayStation Network. (80710B23)

An error occurred during communication with the server. This is a DNS error. (80710102)

Guess I'll just keep on waiting.

Is there anyway to download the Hulu Plus app? Kind of sucks moving my 360 back and forth between the bedroom and living room....

PSN was turned off on the 20th.

Actually the PSN went down either that night of Portal 2's release or IIRC it was indeed the next day. I linked up my Steam account on the PS3 and got my free copy on PC and Mac no problems the day it was released.

Wow, my memory is already failing me :(

Is there anyway to download the Hulu Plus app? Kind of sucks moving my 360 back and forth between the bedroom and living room....

You have to wait until the store is back up to get the app.

Are you guys sure PSN went down on the April 20th? I put in my PC copy code on the 21st and you need PSN to do that.

Oh well, I am really disappointed with Sony. Promised ID protection and still no email to signup, slow to respond and not completely honest about the situation.

Oh well, I am really disappointed with Sony. Promised ID protection and still no email to signup, slow to respond and not completely honest about the situation.

They posted on the blog how to signup for that.

Got in long enough to change my password and delete my PSN account. Sorry guys, this whole ordeal made me realize I haven't touched my PS3 in over a year.

Got in long enough to change my password and delete my PSN account. Sorry guys, this whole ordeal made me realize I haven't touched my PS3 in over a year.

AFAIK you can't delete PSN accounts, just remove them form XMB.

Just received...

Dear PlayStation?Network user:

As you may have heard, PlayStation?Network was suspended worldwide on 20 April 2011 following a criminal cyber attack on our servers. We're pleased to say that we have now started restoring some PlayStation Network services. Over the coming days, more services will be back up and running and you should keep an eye on eu.playstation.com/psnlatest and PlayStation.Blog at blog.eu.playstation.com for the very latest developments.

Before you start using PlayStation Network again...

In restoring PSN, we have introduced a safety measure which means you will need to update your PlayStation Network account password before you can start using PSN again.

If you've got a Playstation?3, you can do this by updating to system software version 3.61 and then signing in to PlayStation Network from the XMB (XrossMediaBar) Menu. Find out more at eu.playstation.com/ps3psn. Otherwise, you can change your password by visiting https://store.playstation.com/login.gvm on your PC. It shouldn't take more than a few minutes and if you'd lke more help you can follow the step by step guide at eu.playstation.com/psppsn.

Free games on us...

To thank you for your patience whilst PSN has been unavailable, we'll be rolling out a Welcome Back programme for all PSN users shortly; this will include free games to download and a month's free subsciption to PlayStation?Plus (or a free month for existing members). Once available, we'll publish a full list of Welcome Back offers in your country at eu.playstation.com/welcomeback.

Again, we would like to thank you for your patience and support whilst our teams worldwide work to get PSN back up and running. Remember, for the very latest updates, you should visit eu.playstation.com/psnlatest, PlayStation.Blog at blog.eu.playstation.com and follow us on twitter.com/PlayStationEU.

We look forward to seeing you online soon,

The PlayStation Network team