January Desktop

Originally posted by documents

- knows :)

ill be puttin one on my new screenie

yeah i bet...

I bet its just a desktop background with a picture of a dock on it...

and DeadZombie, dont tell me you let documents have it (if it's real), you dont know who he really is...

and it has real mouseover effects, real taskbar capabilities, and sorry, it's an @$$ thing for me to do, but I can't say anything more about this because I promised.

I can say however that a different, new dockbar is in the works that will be fully functional and, more importantly, call out to it's own custom icon library so it maintains a really high graphical quality.

I'm thinking a 3-4 month beta period prior to release, at least a month before the first betas come out.

Patience.

Originally posted by deadzombie

and it has real mouseover effects, real taskbar capabilities, and sorry, it's an @$$ thing for me to do, but I can't say anything more about this because I promised.

I can say however that a different, new dockbar is in the works that will be fully functional and, more importantly, call out to it's own custom icon library so it maintains a really high graphical quality.

I'm thinking a 3-4 month beta period prior to release, at least a month before the first betas come out.

Patience.

A MONTH!! oh man, that is such a disappointment...

I know your working on an Aqua dock for Aqua-soft aren't you?

Originally posted by disciple

it's there to get you excited and make you wet yourself. patience is a virtue they say. good things come to those who wait...

So I gather you're in on this then Disciple??

Man, you guys at aqua-soft are such a tease...

no actually i know nothing about it and don't know who's working on it. i know there's been a lot of talk about it but no one lets me in on the info either. i honestly don't know what deadzombie's talking about but have just heard rumors here and there.

So if you don't know it, and Timan don't know it, who does? I thought he'd tell one of you 2. Unless you're all just playing with us and were all in on it...

Deadzombie, Cant you just tell us what its coded in, You've said its not flash, vb, desktop x etc. That doesn't leave many.

[edit]Ok, I give i'll stop nagging. BUT, i want to know, is this better then the things we've tried like Aquadock, desktopX docks and the flash dock?[/edit]

trust me...i don't know anything and i'm not just playing with you. that would be cruel. my theories are that it's either jef, drakon, timan, or someone else working on it since me, deadzombie, and everyone else are not coders. but what it is or who it is that is working on what has been kept such a secret that i don't even know. someone must have told deadzombie but i couldn't tell you who b/c i don't even know. it kind of upsets me too but i guess time will tell and there's no reason to get upset b/c it'll come when it's ready to come. i'd like to beta test it since it sounds like it might be coming out of aqua-soft but i don't even get to be part of that. we'll just have to see.

what I show on that desktop pic could have been better, and some people thought it would be, but it probably never will be.

It's just a tease; 1/2 functioning, looking good (the mouseover is awesome) but almost no functionality.

I am helping a friend on a new dock, so there will be a new dock that mimics what we all want exactly - with a few additions so we don't have Apple down our backs.

Dazzla - where do you find your wallpapers -> most of yours rock...

Well, I'd tell you but I've been sworn to secrecy. But let we tell you this it'll be worth the wait...

j/k, they come from most of these places:

here

here

or here

If you cant find a specific wallaper tell me and i'll get it to you. :)

can someone please send me the lil windows flag in the start bar... i changed the pic and forogt to backup the explorer.exe. if you dont wanna send and know wher the lil picutre it located that would be appreciated too.