It's a packed driver that just dropped from AMD, carrying optimizations for three brand new games. The new Radeon Software Adrenalin 22.2.3 driver still does not have the driver-side FidelityFX Super Resolution upscaling tech, but it is good news for anyone jumping into Elden Ring, Shadow Warrior 3, or GRID Legends.
From the trio, only Elden Ring has no detailed optimization numbers attached to it, but it is a recommended install. The critically acclaimed FromSoftware-developed title releases today. Check out our review of the game here, where we give it high praise.
Meanwhile, AMD says Shadow Warrior 3 (releasing March 1) can run up to 6% faster with this driver compared to the last release, and in GRID Legends (Releasing February 25), that boost can be as high as 15%. The tests were done using RX 6900XT, 6800XT, and 6700XT graphics cards.
Unfortunately, no bug fixes are included in this driver. Here are the known issues:
- Some users on Windows® 10 operating system may observe the absence of the windows transparency aero effect.
- While playing Cyberpunk 2077™ on some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon® RX 570 Graphics, some users may observe an issue where indoor areas appear darker than expected.
- Stuttering or lower than expected FPS values may be experienced by some users while playing God of War™ on some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon® RX 6900 XT Graphics.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
- Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 22.2.3 driver is available for Windows 10 and Windows 11, and can be found on the Radeon Settings app in the Optional section. A standalone download link is listed on the official release notes page here.