Just like AMD and Nvidia did earlier this week, Intel has released a new version of its graphics driver for Windows 10 PCs, bringing it to version 184.108.40.20630. This update is only for Intel processors with integrated graphics, and the Intel Iris Xe Max GPU has its own set of drivers that's also likely to be updated soon.
This update brings with it a handful of improvements for gaming, starting with playability improvements for the ever-popular Fortnite on 7th generation Intel Core processors. Support for Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Age - Definitive Edition, Twin Mirror, and Football Manager 2021 has been added for those using Iris Xe graphics, the integrated GPU in 11th generation Intel Core processors. Finally, Empire of Sin, Halo 4, World of Warcraft: Shadowlands, and Haven are now supported on processors with Iris Plus graphics or better.
While AMD and Nvidia's updates earlier this week added support for Cyberpunk 2077, which also released this week, you won't be playing that game on integrated graphics.
Aside from the new improvements, the driver includes a handful of bug fixes, including some game-specific crashes in games like Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege and Shadow of the Tomb Raider:
- Intermittent crash or hang seen in Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege* (DX11) on 11th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® Iris® Xe graphics.
- Intermittent crash or hang seen when running Shadow of the Tomb Raider* (DX12) benchmark on 10th Generation Intel® Core™ processors with Intel Iris Plus graphics.
- Minor graphic anomalies seen in Hitman 2* (DX12), Rise of the Tomb Raider* (DX12), Forza Motorsport 6* (DX12), Battlefield V* (DX12) on 11th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® Iris® Xe graphics.
- Red Dead Redemption 2* (Vulkan) Application window automatically flickering and resizing during launch on 11th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® Iris® Xe graphics.
- Video corruption observed on PowerDVD20 when mouse is hovered over the progress bar during local video playback on 11th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® Iris® Xe graphics.
- Garbage seen when play video with PowerDVD18 on 11th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® Iris® X e graphics.
- External display not enumerating after Hot-plug/unplug with mDP -DP cable on 11th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® Iris® Xe graphics.
- Corruptions seen with excel and power point in different scenarios on 11th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® Iris® Xe graphics.
Of course, there's still a sizable list of known issues in this release, including plenty of game-related bugs and crashes:
- Iris Xe Graphics: Intermittent crash or hang may be seen in Hunt: Showdown, Dark Souls III, Tom Clancy’s The Division 2* (DX12), Horizon Zero Dawn* (DX12), Assassin’s Creed Valhalla* (DX12), Dirt 5* (DX12), Watch Dogs: Legion* (DX12) (when new campaign starts), Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint* (DX11), Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War* (DX12), Halo 3: ODST* (during mission loading).
- Iris Xe Graphics: Minor graphic anomalies may be observed in World of Warcraft*(DX12), Star Wars Battlefront 2* (DX12), Wolfenstein: Youngblood* (Vulkan), Gears of War Inmate Edition* (DX12), Fortnite* (DX12) (Battle Royale Mode), Far Cry: New Dawn* (when starting from a saved file), Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint* (DX11).
- Iris Plus Graphics and higher: Intermittent crash or hang may be seen in Destiny 2* (with anti-cheat enabled), Call of Duty: Modern Warfare* (DX12).
- Iris Plus Graphics and higher: Minor graphics anomalies may be observed in Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord* (DX11), Yakuza Like a Dragon.
- Panel Self Refresh may be disabled while unplugging or plugging AC power during video playback (Iris Xe Graphics).
- Minor Graphic Anomalies may be seen in ARK: Survival Evolved* (DX11) and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare* (DX12) when Image Sharpening enabled in Intel Graphics Command Center on Iris Xe graphics.
- YouCam Camera Preview & Video Playback may be black.
- Intermittent crash or hang seen in Paladins Steam game on Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® Hybrid Technology.
- Screen shows garbage when change resolution under OS with 1366*768 panel on 10th Generation Intel® Core™ processors with Intel UHD Graphics.
- BD playback is corrupted by Corel WinDVD on 11th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® Iris® Xe graphics
In terms of compatibility, not much has changed from the previous release, meaning the driver will still work with your PC if you're rocking a 6th-generation Intel Core processor or newer, as well as related Celeron and Pentium processors. The driver also supports the same versions of Windows 10 we've seen supported since Intel began releasing its DCH graphics drivers, meaning any version since the Fall Creators Update (version 1709).
You can download the latest driver here in both EXE and ZIP formats. You can find the full release notes here, with a complete list of supported hardware and Windows 10 versions.
3 Comments - Add comment