If you've ever read my articles here on Neowin, or have an interest in Chinese tech in general, you'd be familiar with the Elephone brand. Elephone, as the name suggests, started off with a focus on smartphones but has started to flirt with other areas of of the tech market, with things like the "W2" watch -- a mechanical (as in, moving minute and hour hand) watch with various 'smart' features baked in like activity tracking and notifications (shameless plug for the review I'm going to be posting in a couple weeks!).
But with us today is the Elephone action camera: the 'ELE Cam.' The ELE Cam is a an action cam much in the likeness of the GoPro and, at least on face value, appears to even share the same dimensions. It has a 2" rear display, 30m water-resistant, WiFi capability, a 1050mAh battery and a 4K 16 megapixel camera to boot. It's also got a 170 degree wide angle range which means you can get some really wide angle footage for it. You can check out further details about the camera on the official website here.
Elephone recently contacted me offering one for review, but due to my quadcopter being out of action I had to refuse the request. But in the meantime I got one for a giveaway, and here we are!
We've set up a bunch of different entry methods, ranging from simply commenting on this article through to shooting out some tweets about the giveaway. Some of these can only be done once, but some can be done once per day. Note that the drawing will be done through Rafflecopter, so if you're going to enter by commenting on this article or by liking Neowin on Facebook then you have to make sure to register that you're doing so on Rafflecopter.
The entrance methods are below. You have to register everything you do within the Rafflecopter widget. You can do as many or as few as you like, but note that doing more than one substantially increases your chances of winning:
- Go to Facebook and hit the 'like' button on the Neowin page
- Go to Facebook and hit the 'like' button on Elephone's page (mandatory)
- Follow Neowin's Twitter feed (@Neowinfeed)
- Follow my Twitter feed for information on tech, as well as being kept up to date on my latest articles (@stevenjohns)
- Tweet the message described in the Tweet function of Rafflecopter below (once per day)
- Leave a comment below saying what you might plan to use the ELE Cam for :)
The contest will run until Sunday the 13th at midnight, GMT, so be sure to enter soon and good luck!
- I will be screening for ghost entries, so no cheating! No, really, I am unreasonably rigid about this and will disqualify you at the drop of a hat - something I have done to dozens and dozens of people in the past, so this isn't an empty warning.
- Elephone is fully sponsoring this giveaway and will be dispatching the device to the winner directly from their warehouse, so availability for the device and shipping date will be dependent on Elephone and completely independent from Neowin.
UPDATE: We have a winner! Congratulations to JoseyWales - you won the ELE Cam!
To those of you who weren't so lucky this time, thank you so much for taking part - and stay tuned to Neowin for more giveaways in the weeks ahead!