Nvidia's GeForce Game Ready 496.13 WHQL graphics driver landed today with official support for several new game releases, DLSS implementations, bug fixes, and other improvements.
Turtle Rock's newly released cooperative shooter Back 4 Blood is optimized in this driver, and is a recommended install before enabling its DLSS capabilities, which Nvidia says can boost frame rates by up to 46%. Crytek's Crysis Remastered Trilogy launches on October 15, and support for its ray tracing and DLSS features also arrive with this driver.
The latest driver is a recommended install for the upcoming Sword and Fairy 7 and The Riftbreaker games as well.
In addition, DLSS technology is reaching 10 more games in October, including Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Chivalry 2, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and Swords of Legends Online. Head to this DLSS-dedicated blog post to find the increased performance numbers on all the new titles.
Meanwhile, new options have been added to the Nvidia Control Panel, enabling control of the Shader Cache Size on the disk as well as Vertical Sync options for Optimus notebook GPUs.
The fixed issues on this release are as follows:
- [GeForce RTX 3080]: The system does not boot with two Samsung Odyssey G70A 28" monitors are connected to the GPU. 
- [GeForce GTX 960]: The primary monitor lost after resume from sleep or shutdown. 
- [Windows 11]: The screen flashes once after switching to the discrete GPU-only mode in the NVIDIA Control Panel. 
- [Multiple Apps][Ansel/Freestyle]: Depth of field filter shows blurry characters. 
- [Notebook]: Vulkan test applications run on the integrated graphics processor instead of the discrete GPU. 
The known issues still being worked on are these:
- [Doom Eternal][HDR][FSR]: Eternal]: Texture across the game darkens and is unplayable after enabling HDR + FSR. 
- [Rise of the Tomb Raider]: Characters and background disappear and corruption is prominent when Anti-Aliasing is set to SSAA 2X and SSAA 4x. 
- [Deathloop][HDR]: TDR/corruption occurs in the game with Windows HDR enabled.
- If this issue occurs, toggle the Windows HDR setting.
- [YouTube]: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. 
- Tom Clancy's The Division 2 may display graphical artifacts. 
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed may crash on courses where players drive through water. 
- [HDR][G-Sync]: Mouse pointer gets stuck after turning on HDR from the Windows Control Panel or after toggling G-Sync from the NVIDIA control panel. 
- To work around, click the mouse (right or left button). The mouse cursor will be sluggish for a few seconds before returning to normal operation.
- [NVIDIA Control Panel]: After setting the display multiplexer type to “dGPU”, the setting is not preserved across a reboot or resume from S4. [200779758
- [Windows 11]: Display goes blank when video is switched to full-screen with G-Sync enabled. 
The 496.13 WHQL Game Ready driver is now available for download on the GeForce Experience app. It appears Nvidia has finally dropped driver support for Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 just as it announced earlier this year. Find the Windows 10 and 11 standalone installation links below. The release notes are here.
- Download: Windows 11, 10 – DCH
- Download: Windows 11, 10 – DCH