With 2014 just getting started, a user over at NeoGAF is apparently dropping a knowledge bomb of information about Microsoft’s plans for the upcoming year. As with all leaked info, take it with a healthy dose of salt as none of it has been verified but much of it does align to whispers we have heard from around the web.
Posted below is the information that has been stated so far and none of it seems all that far-fetched; the biggest item may be the Xbox One for $399 without an optical drive. Of course, a drive-less Xbox One rumor has popped up before but nothing sounds concrete at this time; most of the other information is related to games that will be released during 2014.
- Forza Horizon: "Fall 2014, probably September. Super sexy weather system and... lots of co-op/social stuff. 1080P and open-world, so you can road trip with your bros."
- White Xbone incoming.
- Why all the leaks? Scared you might get caught? "I am incapable of fear. Plus, this is such exciting stuff, and me talking about it ahead of time isn't going to hurt anything, truthfully. We're all chomping at the bit for it to come out. This is not bad. "
- Halo Anniversary 2 will be 1080p, iffy on the 60fps, maybe not.
- Quantum Break is Holiday 2014
- Multiplayer confirmed for HA2, same devs as Halo Anniversary.
- Sunset Overdrive is Fall 2014
- Black Tusk cancelled project was called "Shangheist." May have involved stealing stuff from the Chinese (though I think that may have been a reference to the name and maybe not the gameplay? Not sure...)
- Fable Legends is Summer 2015
- Halo 2 Anniversary includes beta for Halo 5
- Gears of War will probably need a 2.5 year dev time.
- First Titanfall DLC is 45 days from release, then another one 120 days from release.
- No Crackdown 3 news this year most likely, since it's a 2016 title.
- $399 XB1 this year? "Maybe one without an Optical Disc Drive."
- 1TB XB1 in November (Limited Edition)
One item that does stand out is a white version of the Xbox One. We already know that Microsoft has made a console in this color, but it was previously only given to the team who helped make the console. It’s not that far-fetched that they would switch the die for the plastic back to white and pump out the consoles to help move a few more units once black becomes a bit common in stores around the US.
The good news for those of you who are in territories where the Xbox One is not on sale yet, posted below are the reported plans for the Xbox One to be released in additional territories.
As with all rumors, especially one like this, be cautious as the information could be off target. With that being said, if accurate, Microsoft's can of beans just got spilled on the web and if it holds true, it should be an exciting year for the Xbox One.