Photo

WZOR Talks About Windows (Codename) 9, Is a DP Imminent?

win9

291 replies to this topic

#286 OP +FaiKee

FaiKee

Neowinian

Posted Yesterday, 14:48

Sorry, it's fake, sha1 is win7 SP1

Windows 8.1 Update 2 standalone installer for X64: KB2962535 , 537MB

http://pcportal.org....0-16-1406039391

#287 Studio384

Studio384

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Windows Phone 8.1

Posted Yesterday, 23:23

I already tought the screenshots where fake due to the start button having a rounded corner...

Also, any idea what version number is going for Update 2? Is it still 6.3.9600.17550?

#288 OP +FaiKee

FaiKee

Neowinian

Posted Today, 00:22

I already tought the screenshots where fake due to the start button having a rounded corner...

Also, any idea what version number is going for Update 2? Is it still 6.3.9600.17550?

I doubt it, maybe this guy got a legit RTM build no. then made up the other fakes, maybe he simply invented everything out of nowhere, so better wait for more reliable infos. :)

#289 NightmarE D

NightmarE D

Proud father

Posted Today, 00:24

Sorry, it's fake, sha1 is win7 SP1

Windows 8.1 Update 2 standalone installer for X64: KB2962535 , 537MB

http://pcportal.org....0-16-1406039391

I don't mean any disrespect when I say this, but you really need to stop posting everything you read. You're going to start losing any credibility you have if you keep falling for all the fake posts from that site and elsewhere.

You keep giving Wzor a hard time for putting out wrong info, but you've been doing it left and right yourself here lately. You mention having a "special friend" that confirms things for you. You might want to start actually using that source for confirmation on things BEFORE you go and post them everywhere.

Not trying to sound rude with that, but you keep giving others a hard time for releasing false info when you're doing it yourself.

#290 OP +FaiKee

FaiKee

Neowinian

Posted Today, 00:36

I don't mean any disrespect when I say this, but you really need to stop posting everything you read. You're going to start losing any credibility you have if you keep falling for all the fake posts from that site and elsewhere.

You keep giving Wzor a hard time for putting out wrong info, but you've been doing it left and right yourself here lately. You mention having a "special friend" that confirms things for you. You might want to start actually using that source for confirmation on things BEFORE you go and post them everywhere.

Not trying to sound rude with that, but you keep giving others a hard time for releasing false info when you're doing it yourself.

Sorry, man, if it had made you feel bad, that bit of info came from PCPortal where Painter is the admin., I thought he would have checked on fake posts because he has a copy of Update2 RTM with the MS papers for OEM's.

I try not to ask my friend too much because of job risks, especially ATM there is a massacre happening in MS. :)

#291 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted Today, 10:54

I wouldn't be surprised if we finally see the real screen shots and the real new menu and it's a good bit different from the one we've seen them show at BUILD and others fake.   It's easy to just come up with a concept/mockup but then once you get to testing and so on who knows what changes are needed or take place.  

#292 OP +FaiKee

FaiKee

Neowinian

Posted Today, 11:30

I wouldn't be surprised if we finally see the real screen shots and the real new menu and it's a good bit different from the one we've seen them show at BUILD and others fake.   It's easy to just come up with a concept/mockup but then once you get to testing and so on who knows what changes are needed or take place.  

Agree, it's really pointless to argue over such an early build, it's like if 7850 didn't leak, somebody posted a screen-shot of 7850, and people argue over it if the pic was legit, or if win8 would finally appear like 7850. :)

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!