Windows 9 and Windows 365 expected to See The Light Of Day

I have started a thread about Win9, unfortunately in the OP the rumor from WZor was proved to be fake, hope Neowin Admin/mod would lock that thread, tks! :)

Back in May a MS guy had posted in PCBeta a list from his FB profile that brought some interests to the MS Products mentioned in the list:

screen_329_zps61da2dbe.jpg

Now, he made another post in PCBeta about current status of Win9 and Win365, but since he had wished to keep low profile and asked me not to post links, so here's a screen-shot:

screen1710.jpg

The Bing translation is terrible(as usual), so here's the proper translation:

(Windows) 365 my current info is 2 editions planned
Couldn't mention the names to avoid being caught.

Mainly it's like Office 365
Targeted to mid and small business, educational institutes
Windows 9 currently exists 3 activation systems
but very soon it would become 2, or even 1 (some sort of transformed system)

Internally, Windows Branch expect that before Windows 9 Preview release(I confirm Win9 Preview now exists)
There will be Windows 365 infos/preview announced.

Metro 2.0 UI is now available in new builds for testing.

Cortana for Windows now available in builds for special team to test(I am one of the team)
But general testing crews are unable to launch it
This feature is hidden for general testing
Bing/Research Team had developed this strong system since 07-08, and is now putting up full effort to improve this feature.

We also improved the Refresh/Reset-Your-PC features in Windows 9
But I am not going to talk more about API's.

About games:
I could replace system files and kernel version and launch some on-line or local games
But it seems not to be too stable, despite some improvments.
(Note: I believe he was refering to DirectX-12, as he had discussed about it quite a lot in another PCBeta thread)

Basically the current developed build is running well,
Unfortunately I am unable to provide screen-shots or build tag infos., sorry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope that if people wishes to quote this post, please don't refer me as "leaker" or even "MS leaker", I am just a messenger, translating between English and Chinese sites, thanks!.

Currently MS is holding tight security on their products, I would only post the brief general plans to avoid job risks to this nice guy or my MS friends, and let other guys with better resources to provide the details.

• Like 3

I really hope this new Modern UI 2.0 is something fresh to all the OSes, something that carries the same design language to each platform but gives it some unique way of looking the part on the platform. Like all the tiles should look the same, Windows shouldn't have different tiles than Windows Phone. The same tiles should be used on all platforms.

The apps on Windows have more color than the white on black or black on white look for built-in apps on Windows Phones. Like the PC settings app looks very nice on Windows, but the settings app is hideous on Windows Phone, I always get lost.

I really hope this new Modern UI 2.0 is something fresh to all the OSes, something that carries the same design language to each platform but gives it some unique way of looking the part on the platform. Like all the tiles should look the same, Windows shouldn't have different tiles than Windows Phone. The same tiles should be used on all platforms.

The apps on Windows have more color than the white on black or black on white look for built-in apps on Windows Phones. Like the PC settings app looks very nice on Windows, but the settings app is hideous on Windows Phone, I always get lost.

You could have some idea from these 2 videos from MS Research, but I believe Interactive Live Tiles are just one feature among others of Metro2. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGMEXtPRT_I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEkIbUWzkLU

• Like 2

i think this is bill gates doing a commercial for it :D

650_1Bill.jpg

what i think they need most is besides a better interface (a bit subjective anyway), to make it much more customizable per default, add more options and please finally fix the way updates are handled.

for more security they would probably need finally a new file-system and structure. but i fear that train has gone long time ago. :rofl:

I asked the guy about the rumored "win9 Preview in Sept/Oct", his reply is similar to what I've heard earlier:

Translation: Base on the current progress, it is quite unlikely, btw there is no win9 preview schedule posted internally.

screen1711.jpg

One possibility (it's just my guess) is the rumored preview is actually for Threshold(win8.2), as MS probably also wish to have a public test on the "Win7SP2 features" like start menu, etc., before they are released. Guess we'll find out later.

i think this is bill gates doing a commercial for it :D

650_1Bill.jpg

what i think they need most is besides a better interface (a bit subjective anyway), to make it much more customizable per default, add more options and please finally fix the way updates are handled.

for more security they would probably need finally a new file-system and structure. but i fear that train has gone long time ago. :rofl:

LMFAO, I LOLed in real life, and my wife thinks I'm sane.. 

I asked the guy about the rumored "win9 Preview in Sept/Oct", his reply is similar to what I've heard earlier:

Translation: Base on the current progress, it is quite unlikely, btw there is no win9 preview schedule posted internally.

screen1711.jpg

One possibility (it's just my guess) is the rumored preview is actually for Threshold(win8.2), as MS probably also wish to have a public test on the "Win7SP2 features" like start menu, etc., before they are released. Guess we'll find out later.

Ok, I realy start to doubt your sources now, you said ealrier that "Threshold" - what you call Windows 8.2 - was canceled and that Microsoft had started developing Windows 9 (what everybody else calls "Threshold").

Ok, I realy start to doubt your sources now, you said ealrier that "Threshold" - what you call Windows 8.2 - was canceled and that Microsoft had started developing Windows 9 (what everybody else calls "Threshold").

I didn't say WinThreshold(Win8.2) was cancelled, I said MS may abandon it but not decided yet, currently AFAIK, Threshold team is still coding builds.

Win9 coding was started in early 2013. :)

And how exactly would a different file system provide more security when the biggest security problem for any computer is the person using it?
  • Like 3

There is nothing wrong with NTFS, they've been making it better and better with each new version.  There really is no need to change to a new file system.

• Like 2

Interesting, taking the office apps out of the WP OS is the next step, starting with music/video and a few other things that are used more was the right thing to do and now with this they can push us out more updates without having to wait for the OS itself.  Should be exciting to see how these new Office apps are on Windows and WP.

Interesting, taking the office apps out of the WP OS is the next step, starting with music/video and a few other things that are used more was the right thing to do and now with this they can push us out more updates without having to wait for the OS itself.  Should be exciting to see how these new Office apps are on Windows and WP.

They're merging RT and WP, so it makes sense to have the touch Office on it. Really curious what they will do with the newer OneNote. 

Actualy I doubt we're going to Windows 9. But more to Windows 8.5 now. Yesterday a new major build for Windows Phone showed up. It is named 8.15.12375.0, while the current build is just 8.10.14157.200. This indicates that Windows Phone is up for another round of 8.x, with other words, so is Windows. In fact, it would explain the rumor that suggests that Microsoft won't name it at the event and just call it "Windows Technical Preview". Everyone thinks it's Windows 9, they get good reviews, and then suddenly: "Hey you guys, you where using Windows 8.5!".

Also, Windows Phone 8.5 has been mentioned by Microsoft themselves a while ago.

Actualy I doubt we're going to Windows 9. But more to Windows 8.5 now. Yesterday a new major build for Windows Phone showed up. It is named 8.15.12375.0, while the current build is just 8.10.14157.200. This indicates that Windows Phone is up for another round of 8.x, with other words, so is Windows. In fact, it would explain the rumor that suggests that Microsoft won't name it at the event and just call it "Windows Technical Preview". Everyone thinks it's Windows 9, they get good reviews, and then suddenly: "Hey you guys, you where using Windows 8.5!".

It's Windows Mojave all over again!

TBH, I'd love to see Threshold called something other than Windows 9, just to throw off all the tech pundits.

You've got a point, and AFAIK, there is no post internally about win9 preview schedule. :)

As an owner of a Windows PC, RT Tablet & Windows Phone, I'm looking forward to see the "Threshold" in action. I hope they will make the combo even more efficient and better. I would so much like to say "in your face" to a few  skeptics. :-)

Why is everybody so pinned down on a name?

We can all agree, I think, that Threshold is the next version of Windows, and it doesn't really matter if it's called Windows 8.5, Windows 9, or whatever else they come up with

I just hope they come up with something nice to replace the Charms, maybe we get a notification center in Windows and they will just incorporate the general settings in there. I'm also excited to see what Metro 2.0 entails.

The significance of dropping the version number is that it shows that Microsoft is headed towards a continuallually updated Windows, based on the cloud, and one Windows for all devices.

• Like 2

I think you need a version number or something besides the base name "Windows" or you're going to confuse people regardless.  How are they going to know which one when they have to talk about it, say, for support?  We can debate what they'll call the next one, be it 8.5 or 9.0 or whatever but I really really doubt they're going to do away with version numbers or some other sub-name besides Windows.

When they dropped the date naming it made sense, because it showed how old the OS really was, 98, 2000, etc.    I think the smart thing to do is wait, get the technical preview out, see what people think, and then name it I suppose.  Hell, if they do pull a fast one and because people like it they turn around and call it 8.5 and not 9 then that'd be kind of funny and epic at the same time.