Windows 9 and Windows 365 expected to See The Light Of Day

Is threshold really going to be 8.2/8.5 or is it going to be Windows 9, that's the problem.

One name to rule them all.

- Xbox One

- OneDrive

- Windows One
- Onelook E-mail client.

- Powerpo1nt
- Surface Pro One (4th Gen device)

Windows One sounds catchy....kind of.  But if would just  confuse people.  :rofl:

(From PCBeta guy): When WTP is out, you could upgrade directly from Vista, 7, and 8.x. The prospect of Sept release is "unlikely", but couldn't confirm ATM.

btw, seems Brad didn't wish to post about my "reason to say Threshold is not win9", in fact, it's not so dramatic, I read about Project Threshold in Jan in corpnet(in my friend's machine, of course), but then it was highly classified, so it was until the PCBeta guy talked about win8.2, and @BrandonLive said Threshold is planned to be a update for win8.1, then I thought it was safe to speak a little about it. :)

(From PCBeta guy): When WTP is out, you could upgrade directly from Vista, 7, and 8.x. The prospect of Sept release is "unlikely", but couldn't confirm ATM.

btw, seems Brad didn't wish to post about my "reason to say Threshold is not win9", in fact, it's not so dramatic, I read about Project Threshold in Jan in corpnet(in my friend's machine, of course), but then it was highly classified, so it was until the PCBeta guy talked about win8.2, and @BrandonLive said Threshold is planned to be a update for win8.1, then I thought it was safe to speak a little about it. :)

Which post are you talking about?

I don't know what it's going to be called and have heard many different things!

Which post are you talking about?

I don't know what it's going to be called and have heard many different things!

Sorry, Brad, if I had misunderstood this post, now I think you were actually talking about the upgrade thing :)  :

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1200581-wzor-talks-about-windows-codename-9-is-a-dp-imminent/page-25#entry596546477

Nah I can answer it, has nothing to do with a single source. I'll turn it into a blog post but it has to do with the design updates to the OS. If you were to put two builds right next to each either, they look totally different.

I'm not betting on them calling it 8.x at all, the brand is tainted and they know it, while they could win over the techies with a solid release and call it 8.5 or w/e will that work on the general public who's already got it into their minds that anything Windows 8 is bad?   The much more logical and business thing to do is go with a different name, and if the OS looks different enough from 8.x, like people say it does, then all the better.

So it could be 9, or just Windows "something" but odds of it being 8.2 or 8.5 are in my mind very low.

I'm not betting on them calling it 8.x at all, the brand is tainted and they know it, while they could win over the techies with a solid release and call it 8.5 or w/e will that work on the general public who's already got it into their minds that anything Windows 8 is bad?   The much more logical and business thing to do is go with a different name, and if the OS looks different enough from 8.x, like people say it does, then all the better.

So it could be 9, or just Windows "something" but odds of it being 8.2 or 8.5 are in my mind very low.

From what I've heard, there might probably not a win8.2(or whatever), MS changed policy and would probably release the features thru WU as announced in Windows Blog, rumor is that there would be further features in Oct/Nov Updates, so it is actually Update3 or 8.2 being spreaded over the monthly updates. One of the reason for ditching 8.2 is that it needs to have a RTM build no. of 10000, however, some vol clients are still on XP with applications that could have a problem with a 5-digit build no.

Although most people are still saying Threshold is Win9, some shifted their minds and said Threshold was originally planned for 8.2, now change to win9, some said Threshold is wWin9 and only needs 1 year for development....

I am not a developer and knows very little about Windows development, so I couldn't really understand the concept, I could have put the idea wrong, but here's what I know and vaguely understand:

Project Threshold is the team to co-ordinate the Windows editions for different devices, win9, win8.1, winphones, x-box, etc, because each team works on their own, it needs a team to co-ordinate things for the ecosystem.

Project Win9(internal code-name 9) is the team to develop win9, it was started even before win8RTM,(as you might notice from some win9 guy's linkedin CV's), it has a prototype win9 build 9622 compiled about Oct 2012, and win9 builds had been compiled starting from early 2013. :)

There is nothing wrong with NTFS, they've been making it better and better with each new version.  There really is no need to change to a new file system.

There are definitely some things that could be done better.  Ever tried changing files permissions on a LOT of files?

Old video, still relevant:

There have been times I've had to change file/folders right through command-line because I would get prompted over and over that I didn't have rights in the GUI, even as domain admin, and it showing I had rights.

I've done it before, yes, when moving a harddrive from one install to a new one, I've always done it through the GUI, maybe my file counts aren't that high but we're still talking a good bit of GBs worth in my case.  

lmfao, "she" doesn't know what really is Project Threshold, no idea of what would happen in next month, when will win9(internal code-name 9, period) would RTM - now start telling tales about Windows Future?

btw, did you guys notice that, some guys had seen the current win9 builds, but nobody mentioned about start menu and/or windowed apps? Take a wild guess. .... now, still believe the previous "leaked screen-shots" were legit? :)

lmfao, "she" doesn't know what really is Project Threshold, no idea of what would happen in next month, when will win9(internal code-name 9, period) would RTM - now start telling tales about Windows Future?

btw, did you guys notice that, some guys had seen the current win9 builds, but nobody mentioned about start menu and/or windowed apps? Take a wild guess. .... now, still believe the previous "leaked screen-shots" were legit? :)

OK Brad Sams you said you've seen recent builds of Windows Threshold. You also said you could clear up why FaiKee says Win9 and Win Threshold are 2 different things although you think they are one and the same. Where's the post clarifying this! ;)

OK Brad Sams you said you've seen recent builds of Windows Threshold. You also said you could clear up why FaiKee says Win9 and Win Threshold are 2 different things although you think they are one and the same. Where's the post clarifying this! ;)

I'm really mixed on this.

I have seen recent builds of threshold, but I know nothing of the marketing side of the equation. Calling it Windows 9 or Windows 8.2 doesn't affect the building of the product. The current builds of Threshold do not have all the UI changes that other builds of Windows currently have...if that makes sense. The builds with UI changes could be win 9, or they could be what is coming down the pipe for Threshold in later builds.

Isn't is a well known fact that the screenshot from Myce was fake? I mean, look at the start button, why would it have a rounded corner?

Those 2 screens were 100% real, there's no solid reason why they can't be real and I'm 100% sure they are legit.

(I could elaborate, disprove certain theories etc. But I'm tired, will do so tomorrow ;) )

Those 2 screens were 100% real, there's no solid reason why they can't be real and I'm 100% sure they are legit.

(I could elaborate, disprove certain theories etc. But I'm tired, will do so tomorrow ;) )

This screenshot : http://static.myce.com/images_posts/2014/07/wpid-a3s6dlz.png was proven to be a hoax if I'm not wrong. Note the rounded corner.

I think you are looking at 2 previews, one UI preview and one tech preview. If you remember, IE had the platform preview with literally almost no UI. Maybe the Threshold previews are like that.

I have seen recent builds of threshold, but I know nothing of the marketing side of the equation. Calling it Windows 9 or Windows 8.2 doesn't affect the building of the product. The current builds of Threshold do not have all the UI changes that other builds of Windows currently have...if that makes sense. The builds with UI changes could be win 9, or they could be what is coming down the pipe for Threshold in later builds.

Don't they build separate builds and combine them for the final product?

I don't know what you mean by "the rounded corner", but as the person who published the screenshots I can assure you the source is trustworthy and the Uip_dev Feature build lab is real!

Isn't is a well known fact that the screenshot from Myce was fake? I mean, look at the start button, why would it have a rounded corner?

This screenshot : http://static.myce.com/images_posts/2014/07/wpid-a3s6dlz.png was proven to be a hoax if I'm not wrong. Note the rounded corner.

What you believe to be a rounded corner appears to be a result of the wallpaper blending in with the taskbar.

NDclSoE.png

I don't know what you mean by "the rounded corner", but as the person who published the screenshots I can assure you the source is trustworthy and the Uip_dev Feature build lab is real!

I am sorry, but I would not trust anyone who makes the absurd claims that are in this article you've written. The article is diametrically opposed to everything that non-disclosure agreements represent, which includes trust itself.

The current win9 builds doesn't have start menu and windowed apps, it's not even an "invisible feature", the files are not there and so you couldn't bring it out by any kind of treaking.

I am tired of the question about "Threshold is win9", just wait for MS speakers and see if they would clarify. :)

So there are multiple builds of Win Threshold going around and some of them are with features for the release in Q2 2015 and some of them are with features they will release in those monthly updates?

Faikee still talks about there being two different things floating around Threshold and Win9

So there are multiple builds of Win Threshold going around and some of them are with features for the release in Q2 2015 and some of them are with features they will release in those monthly updates?

Faikee still talks about there being two different things floating around Threshold and Win9

I don't wish to comment further about this win9/threshold thing, maybe when Brad found out from his friend about "Start menu in current win9 builds", it would make a really hot blog. :)

FaiKee doesn't know any more than the rest of us. Just his usual bad habit of "reporting" on every single thing he hears as factual.

This is what I was talking about when I said you really shouldn't post every single little thing you hear, FaiKee. All you do is create confusuion and get that little attitude of yours whenever you're questioned about anything. You may want to stop to think that someone may be purposely feeding you BS to prove what I have said about you.

Seriously. Stop and think before you post something you hear and it would help if you could say anything without bringing up MJF or Wzor and your clear hatred of them. Especially when it has nothing to do with what you're saying. Both of them have been right more than you and have better sources than you. Deal with it.

The current win9 builds doesn't have start menu and windowed apps, it's not even an "invisible feature", the files are not there and so you couldn't bring it out by any kind of treaking.

I am tired of the question about "Threshold is win9", just wait for MS speakers and see if they would clarify. :)

It wouldn't make any sense for Threshold to have these new features and the version after Threshold wouldn't have them! You're probably looking at either RT builds or builds from a different lab that on't have these new features yet. The differences between FBL's can be huge sometimes!

I am sorry, but I would not trust anyone who makes the absurd claims that are in this article you've written. The article is diametrically opposed to everything that non-disclosure agreements represent, which includes trust itself.

Haha, you're kinda right, that article is a serious hyperbole, but if you have studied all the court documents as closely as I have, you would understand what I meant. Leaking info/builds is fundamentally against the NDA, but the reason Kibkalo was taken to court really is the Activation Server SDK. My point was: keep the leaks coming, just don't be stupid like Kibkalo.