PearPC no More?

11.2.1981 - 2.7.2004

Submitted by Seppel on June 3, 2004 - 19:40, GMT +0200.

Yesterday evening at 23:00 one of my best friends, one of my best critics, one of the most valuable programmers of PearPC, the one who could help me in all situations, the one with whom I had the best time of my life, died after getting hit by a train.

Stefan 'steveman' Weyergraf -- Rest In Peace. We'll never forget you.

http://pearpc.sourceforge.net/

Of course it's not dead. I assume there is more than one person that works on it and even if there wasnt, it's an open source project - thats the beauty of open source If a nuclear missile hit Remond tommorrow, a bunch of software could never ever be worked on again (I'm assuming that MS keeps all of its sourcecode in one location).

Reading the message boards however, it seems a far greater threat to the project is a fork of the codebase -- this would not be good for the project.

However, PearPC is in quite a great shape already. Give it time and I'm sure it will work out :).

Now one thing that does worry me is that Apple could intervene and start messing with the project. What if Apple had bought the other dev off (sorry to sound insensitive) and told him to stop developing for the project? It's something that we must bear in mind.

Dam what a nasty way to go.

Some major parts by: Stefan Weyergraf.

Respect to his friends and family, I dont blame the author if he does not carry on PearPC it will remind him of his best friend.

Woah lol. The story said it was posted at "Submitted by Seppel on June 3, 2004 - 19:40, GMT +0200.". Imagine my suprise when I found a post on the mailing list saying "From: Stefan Weyergraf <stefan@we...>

About this project

2004-07-02 03:12"

Someone needs to change that date fast!

What a shame. Stupid homeless bums walk around all day without getting a scratch while smart, talented programmers get hit by trains :cry:

Rest in peace.... that's a very bad end..... Extremely painful too...

too bad. may he rest in peace.

ps. who on earth do you get hit by a train i wonder.

[Conspiracy Theory] apple told them to stop but htey didnt wantwant to say it publically cause people would be mad at apple. they staged his death and are sitting behind their computers getting a kick out of everyone feeling sorry for him and not caring about ppc anymore. The traim bit was just for a good laugh[/Conspiracy Theory]

just read what aldo posted :alien:

Woah lol. The story said it was posted at "Submitted by Seppel on June 3, 2004 - 19:40, GMT +0200.". Imagine my suprise when I found a post on the mailing list saying "From: Stefan Weyergraf <stefan@we...>

About this project

2004-07-02 03:12"

Someone needs to change that date fast!

you guys thinking what im thinking?

Cut the crap, apple would have no grounds to make them stop. They don't own the PowerPC. Show some common sense and respect.

May he RIP and may his friends and family find the strength they will need in a time like this.

How do you know... have you ever died by getting creamed by train?

...it could be like, look out for that train!!! What Train? .....Gone!

Actually it depends where he was hit and the speed of the train.