PearPC no More?

why would it say in the pappers if he was killed? people get killed by trains everyday... RIP, I have no idea who he is but you should always respect the dead...

now to another question, what is pearpc? :unsure:

u dont know he died and so my respect would be wasted if this is fake...

Here in england this sorta thing is always in the papers (sometimes with graphic pictures) :blink:

PearPC is a x86 application which can emulate the PowerPC CPU so you can run PPC Operating systems like PPC versions of linux and Mac Os X

why would it say in the pappers if he was killed? people get killed by trains everyday...

Did you ever take a closer look at a frickin' newspaper ever in your whole life? LOCAL NEWSPAPERS REPORT ABOUT THE DEATHS OF THE LOCAL CITIZENS IF THEY DIED IN AN UNUSUAL FASHION. And unless those, which I have easy access to due the minor distance of a ****ING 14KM TO THE CITY CENTER OF AACHEN, say that he died, he ain't dead.

Now I'm off building a tinfoil hat to keep the stupidity radiation in this thread from penetrating my brain.

--edit: Just as sidenote, for every crackhead that has been declared death over the Internet, people could turn up evidence from the websites of newspapers, usually the day after. Why doesn't it work now?

Edited by Tom Servo

Couldn't have said it better myself. Damn, I like your posting style!  :laugh:

Yeah, Tom Servo is master.

I bow to Tom.

/nosarcasm.

Also it says in the copyright 'Os X is to be run on Apple Hardware Only'

not apple hardware is to run OSX only.

jeeze show some respect.

The date was changed to July 3rd this morning (around 8 AM EST). Who knows, it could have been a mindless mistake, I don't think it's huge enough to classify as conspiracy evidence. If my friend just died, I wouldn't be so concerned about a date on a webpage.

Why the hell would Apple have somebody killed? Completely illogical. You don't kill somebody that accomplishes a previously unaccomplishable feat. You hire them. ;)

My condolences to all involved.

What the hell? All you conspiracy freaks are going over the top by attempting to incriminate Apple...

yea. how about its either a suicide or fake.

BUT APL3 WANT3D HIM D3AD SO X86 US3RS CUDNT KEP USNG OS X AND TAKNG THEYRE H4RDWR MON3HS!1111!1 OMG LOL

(lovin' this AOL'er translator) :p

Stefan lives in Gernmany though, based on his email. So, it may take longer for the news to reach the U.S.

Stefan lives in Gernmany though, based on his email. So, it may take longer for the news to reach the U.S.

Yea, lots of latency.. WTF.

Unfortunately, todays society has plenty of room for doubting death. I barely know anyone who believes Tupac is dead, and that **** was all over the news.

This most definately looks suspecious. Death is nothing to play with. My condolences to loved ones of steveman if such a thing has happened.

I found this in an old topic on the ppc forums:

By: Stefan Weyergraf - steveman

RE: New PearPC Icon!

2004-05-24 16:25

That's nice. But it's pretty much like the Apple logo. The bite. The leaf.

By: Adam Zey - guspaz

RE: New PearPC Icon!

2004-06-15 16:53

That's the point, it's like the Apple logo, but it's a PEAR instead of an apple.

It almost appears as though the "dont **** of apple" impression was already lingering.

Oh for crying out loud. Have some respect for the dead. Enough with the conspiracy theories already. He lived in germany where people travel by train between cities because it is cheaper than traveling by car due to gas prices. People don't take road trips over there.

Accidents happen. This is why we write documentation, cross-train and use Source Safe/CVS where I work so that if one of us (programmers) gets hit by a bus/car/train the projects can continue.

so did you read the local papper then? or has anyone read it? how can you say that he isnt dead because its not in the papper if anyone hasnt read it yet? he's not famous so it will not be mentioned in a regular papper unless there is something special with his case (i have no idea but maybe he was murdered :unsure:)...

How the hell do you get hit by a TRAIN? It's gigantic, loud, hundreds of feet long, and has a big-ass light on the front. How can you NOT see it coming?

Do you know how ****ing fast these things go? And specially within a city where buildings can block your view a train might be upon you in a fraction of a second!

Saw one (very stupid young) guy once who saw some friends on the other platform and didn't want to make a whole detour to get there so he decided to run across the tracks to the other side. He even looked left and right and so did I seeing what he was about to do. Neither of us saw the train that almost splattered him across the tracks, it was an incredibly close call.

So why didn't we hear anything? Well, city center: enough noise of other traffic to block the noise of an uncoming train.

So why didn't we see anything? Well the tracks curve around some building so the max. distance you can see is only a couple of hunder meters at most.

I don't doubt that that he died and I hope that he may rest in peace, but for those that are suspicious, also try checking the obituaries of Meerbusch newspapers. After some googling a bit I found http://www.web-productions.de/kontakt.htm so that might be his home town. The town's main newspaper has an online site (http://www.ngz-online.de/) but the search server seems to be down and it's hard to find anything with the site's layout (I speak fluent German).

I take my previous post back.

I've been investigating the in's and out's of this, trying to find more information.

Two hours of reading about this guy impresses me. Both of them are awesome for what they have done w/ PearPC.

Most importantly

At first glance, I doubted the death by train myself.

BUT WHY?

Sebastian loosing his friend is f'n tramatic.

I would rather be called ignorant for believing Sebastian ( if it were a hox ), than to turn out being wrong after I didnt believe Stefan had passed away.

That being said, I believe Sebastian, and my apologies for doubting your words.

Sorry if this guy is dead, but this thread make me laugh a lot.

BTW, here in Argentina a lot of people died crossing the railroads

BTW, here in Argentina a lot of people died crossing the railroads

Yeah, I'm from Argentina too. Train accidents are even more frequent than train suicides... not only here. Everywhere. Don't believe newspapers report 100% of the unnatural deaths of local people -- Those "Death of Stranger" stories, when published, are usually just to fill space. A couple of newspapers worldwide might be the exception, but the number of people that die in car and train accidents every day are tens or hundreds in each city. Only a small part of them appear in media...

That said, I agree that some proof, or at least some more details about his death could have been posted so as to make the story less dodgy...

But...

At first glance, I doubted the death by train myself.

I would rather be called ignorant for believing Sebastian ( if it were a hox ), than to turn out being wrong after I didnt believe Stefan had passed away.

That's exactly what I feel.

I don't doubt that that he died and I hope that he may rest in peace, but for those that are suspicious, also try checking the obituaries of Meerbusch newspapers. After some googling a bit I found http://www.web-productions.de/kontakt.htm so that might be his home town. The town's main newspaper has an online site (http://www.ngz-online.de/) but the search server seems to be down and it's hard to find anything with the site's layout (I speak fluent German).

Not sure if it will actually make it online in their newspaper. I know in my city, the online edition doesn't put any of that on the internet version.