PearPC no More?

If it is true and it was a suicide:

Good. Anyone who's inferior enough to even CONSIDER suicide (except under excruciating hopeless pain, e.g. torture) deserves to die.

Obviously you've never known anyone with Manic depression, bi-polar disorder, post partum depression, people on certain medications such as sleep aids, inhibitors, etc, etc...

I know many people even some in my family who suffer from some of the various things i've listed above...they don't sit around and CONSIDER suicide, they are not in thier right frame of mind and they have no control over how they feel and they believe the only way to be better is to end it all.

Your lack of knowledge about suicide and it's reasons should prevent you from making such statements as calling these people "inferior" There are quite a few drugs on the market where their side effects can consist of suicidal thoughts even though the drug is not any sort of anti-psychotic, mood elevator, etc.

So I see one of two things coming from your post

1. You blatantly flaming

2. You are the one who is inferior for your lack of knowledge about any psychological matters. Which is also demonstrated by your misuse of evolutionary theory and referencing Darwin since even if he was stupid/drunk/on drugs and died due to that it would not fall under Darwin's theories of evolution..I suggest you take an advanced course on evolutionary theory before using it in conversation and using the laymens assumption that most morons use that if someone dies in a stupid way due to themself or others that it falls under Darwin's theory.

Thanks

You guys wont find it in local newspapers. Someone from #pearpc told me that he died while he was at a conference (somewhere else) like a developers conference or someth ing else, and that he had a shirt with his name and pearpc on it.

Its so sad though! Pearpc was awesome and I loved it!

Within germany or in some other country?

Obviously you've never known anyone with Manic depression, bi-polar disorder, post partum depression, people on certain medications such as sleep aids, inhibitors, etc, etc...

My point exactly - inferior (btw: my mother was happy when i was born and remains so to this day - and she has many reasons to).

I know many people even some in my family who suffer from some of the various things i've listed above...

Hmm....

they don't sit around and CONSIDER suicide, they are not in thier right frame of mind and they have no control over how they feel and they believe the only way to be better is to end it all.

I could NEVER EVER, even under the influence of a lot of drugs, even for a mere moment, seriously think about suicide. Besides, getting into a car, driving to a railroad and waiting for a train is not the most spontaneous way to kill yourself.

Your lack of knowledge about suicide and it's reasons should prevent you from making such statements as calling these people "inferior"

See above.

2.  You are the one who is inferior for your lack of knowledge about any psychological matters.  Which is also demonstrated by your misuse of evolutionary theory and referencing Darwin since even if he was stupid/drunk/on drugs and died due to that it would not fall under Darwin's theories of evolution..I suggest you take an advanced course on evolutionary theory before using it in conversation and using the laymens assumption that most morons use that if someone dies in a stupid way due to themself or others that it falls under Darwin's theory.

Quoting from wikepedia (en.wikepedia.org):

Darwin's theory of evolution is based on five key observations and inferences drawn from them. These observations and inferences have been summarized by the great biologist Ernst Mayr as follows:

* First, species have great fertility. They make more offspring than can grow to adulthood.

* Second, populations remain roughly the same size, with modest fluctuations.

* Third, food resources are limited, but are relatively constant most of the time. From these three observations it may be inferred that in such an environment there will be a struggle for survival among individuals.

* Fourth, in sexually reproducing species, generally no two individuals are identical. Variation is rampant.

* And fifth, much of this variation is heritable.

From this it may be inferred: In a world of stable populations where each individual must struggle to survive, those with the "best" characteristics will be more likely to survive, and those desirable traits will be passed to their offspring. These advantageous characteristics are inherited by following generations, becoming dominant among the population through time (Fig. 2).

This is natural selection.

Being suicidal makes you less likely to suirvive theferore not passing that undesirable trait to your offspring. That includes Manic depression, bi-polar disorder, post partum depression, insonia, whatever you are inhibiting, and any other thing you are trying to cure.

So before you start saying other people are ignorant, inform yourself, wikepedia is Free and so are many other sources of information on the net. A quick check before you post will prevent you from making an ass out of yourself.

1.  You blatantly flaming

No I am not, I never flame - it is a waste of time and energy. I only have the best intentions.

(By the way: this is not my account, i don't usually read forums because of people like you. I just wanted to try neowin. I've tried slashdot also).

Edited by sadatkarim

I could NEVER EVER, even under the influence of a lot of drugs, even for a mere moment, seriously think about suicide. Besides, getting into a car, driving to a railroad and wait for a train is not the most spontaneous way to kill yourself.

I'm not even gonna bother to point out the inaccuracies of the your other comments regarding inferiority, and applying suicide to Darwin's theory using a definition you got out of a web encyclopedia LOL

But to honestly think to yourself that even under the influence of alot of drugs you would never be able to think about suicide...Well then obviously you have never done drugs or known people that have done drugs psychological or illegal.

There are plenty of meds I could prescribe you that I can guarantee would put you in a depressive state enough that you would want to kill yourself. Of course you think to yourself that you would never think like that because you've never been under such an influence and your mind is closed to the very idea...but what you think now and what you think while your under the influence of them are 2 radically different things.

Or hell instead of going the slow route using prescribed medicines lets go the quick route. Lets give you a couple hits of acid and sit you in front of a horror movie to help induce a "bad trip" I can PROMISE you that you won't even be aware of who you are let alone be lucid enough to tell yourself you don't want to commit suicide..hell depending on your bodies sensitivity and reaction to the LSD you will want to kill yourself and others merely for the fact that you will be UNABLE to comprehend who the other people are and in some cases even be aware that they are people, you might see them as demons, you might hallucinate them as being monsters. Then for some final fun stand you in front of a mirror and watch the horror when the reflection you see looks nothing like you..if it looks human at all.

So once again until you have any experience in Psychology/Pharmacology/Evolution i'd suggest not making statements calling people "inferior"

But as I said in my quick example, if you honestly believe you can take drugs especially psychotropic drugs and expect to be in any sort of usable state of mind all that shows is that your mind is closed to what drugs can do to people.

I myself do not do drugs, but thanks to the joys of schooling I have been taught and have seen what they can do.

For a quick reference go buy a pysch book that discusses drugs and their effects on even the most basic learned instincts. There is a famous experiment where spiders were given THC, Caffeine, Opium, Mescaline and finally LSD laden flies....then the spider was put in an environment that would encourage it to weave a web...take a look at the webs and you realize the spiders INSTINCTUAL behavior on how to weave a web was gone and the resulting webs are almost amazing in and of themselves

Still think you wouldn't consider committing suicide while under the influence of drugs? Keep thinking that and test yourself out sometime, i'd love to hear the results.

As for not reading forums due to people like me..what people might that be? Ones who do not have a superiority complex and a closed view on life and the world? LOL

As far as I known car brakes don't malfunction out of the blue and without warning at least not in a decent car or in a properly maintained one

Last year, my brake line blew without warning. You know when they always blow? When you have to slam on your brakes. Like in an emergency stop. There isn't any warning when that happens.

I hope you your brake line bursts, and your car slides right under a bus. That makes you inferior, after all.

You must have a nice life under that rock you live under. Probably mommy and daddy bought you that rock, too.

and applying suicide to Darwin's theory using a definition you got out of a web encyclopedia LOL

Well, he's right about the Darwin thing. Survival of the fittest. Someone with a mental problem isn't exactly the fittest.

My point exactly - inferior (btw: my mother was happy when i was born and remains so to this day - and she has many reasons to).

I could NEVER EVER, even under the influence of a lot of drugs, even for a mere moment, seriously think about suicide. Besides, getting into a car, driving to a railroad and waiting for a train is not the most spontaneous way to kill yourself.

No I am not, I never flame - it is a waste of time and energy. I only have the best intentions.

(By the way: this is not my account, i don't  usually read forums because of people like you. I just wanted to try neowin. I've tried slashdot also).

1) I can't see a single reason why from your postings in the last two pages.

2) How do you know? Have you been under the influence of "a lot of drugs"? Or had any one of the various psychological disorders that can lead to suicide?

3) Best intentions? What intentions are YOU talking about? Spouting your antisuicidal and anti clinically depressed horse****?

I hate stupidity and morons as much as the next person, which so far seems to INCLUDE you.

I'm not even gonna bother to point out the inaccuracies of the your other comments regarding inferiority, and applying suicide to Darwin's theory using a definition you got out of a web encyclopedia LOL

Oh please, do point out those inaccuracies. I am not applying suicide to Darwin's theory, Darwin's theory applies to suicide - it is very different. I also didn't learn Darwin's theory wikepidia tough in the past I've found wikepedia to be accurate and reliable - I obviously don't recommend it to get an in-depht knowledge of something but it makes a very good start. I merely recommended it to you to get a basic idea of Darwin's theory, more than sufficient for the current discussion.

But to honestly think to yourself that even under the influence of alot of drugs you would never be able to think about suicide...Well then obviously you have never done drugs or known people that have done drugs psychological or illegal.

You are correct, I have never done drugs and will never do drugs of my own free will. I have however known people who did do drugs. I also have friends who are undergoind treatment for depression (or whatever). None who them is or has been suicidal.

There are plenty of meds I could prescribe you that I can guarantee would put you in a depressive state enough that you would want to kill yourself.  Of course you think to yourself that you would never think like that because you've never been under such an influence and your mind is closed to the very idea...but what you think now and what you think while your under the influence of them are 2 radically different things.

Doubtfull (over-medication not included) but ok. I will never need these drugs and that's my strongest point.

Or hell instead of going the slow route using prescribed medicines lets go the quick route.  Lets give you a couple hits of acid and sit you in front of a horror movie to help induce a "bad trip"  I can PROMISE you that you won't even be aware of who you are let alone be lucid enough to tell yourself you don't want to commit suicide..hell depending on your bodies sensitivity and reaction to the LSD you will want to kill yourself and others merely for the fact that you will be UNABLE to comprehend who the other people are and in some cases even be aware that they are people, you might see them as demons, you might hallucinate them as being monsters.  Then for some final fun stand you in front of a mirror and watch the horror when the reflection you see looks nothing like you..if it looks human at all.

If you fo back to the original post you'll see that those types of drugs are in a totally different category: the one that says (in other worlds) that the world has too-many drug addicts and that were better off without them.

So once again until you have any experience in Psychology/Pharmacology/Evolution i'd suggest not making statements calling people "inferior".

Your experience in evolution as well as in simple logic doesn't seem that good (and this is an under-statement). If you are dependent on drugs (legal ones) than by definition you are far less then perfect and no doubt inferior to me.

But as I said in my quick example, if you honestly believe you can take drugs especially psychotropic drugs and expect to be in any sort of usable state of mind all that shows is that your mind is closed to what drugs can do to people.

I never said I could take LSD and remain unaffected - that was about drugs prescribed by a (competent) doctor. I failed however to make that clear to you (tough taking into account my first post it seemed very obvious to me).

As for not reading forums due to people like me..what people might that be?  Ones who do not have a superiority complex and a closed view on life and the world?  LOL

No, people who make comments on, for example, Darwin's theory of evolution without knowing it or even trying to understand it and its implications. And then call other people ignorant.

Here's how I see this:

If it is true he is dead and it was an accident:

Good. To be hit by a train he had to be a brainless drug addict, a brainless drunk or simply brainless. It's darwin 101, simple evolution, inferior specimens die, hopefully before they reproduce.

If it is true and it was a suicide:

Good. Anyone who's inferior enough to even CONSIDER suicide (except under excruciating hopeless pain, e.g. torture) deserves to die.

If he is alive:

Damn stupid prank or way to 'retire'.

How can you call him brainless when he accomplished so much? :blink:

Even if he did fake his death, no one here has the right to question it, aside from the fact that he has no reason to. Why does it matter to you if he actually died or not? If it was a "conspiracy", how come the other coder is still "alive"?

Either way, my condolences to his family and friends, may he rest in peace.

bwx

How can you call him brainless when he accomplished so much?

The vast majority of people who are hit by a train (and I saw the statistics in the news a few months ago) are drunk, drugged or are simply in a 'hurry' (usually without any good reason to, they just don't want to wait) - do you believe that it's worth risking your life to get home 5 minutes early or simply taking that risk without considering it? I think that is stupid (dictionary: brain?less adj. Unintelligent; stupid).

Even if he did fake his death, no one here has the right to question it, aside from the fact that he has no reason to.

Despite what your political or religious leaders, teachers or anyone else might have told you: you always have the right to question everything.

Why does it matter to you if he actually died or not? If it was a "conspiracy", how come the other coder is still "alive"?

To me it doesn't. I personally don't believe it is a conspiracy I was only covering the possibilities.

may he rest in peace.

If he was hit by a train he is probably resting in pieces at least.

I could NEVER EVER, even under the influence of a lot of drugs, even for a mere moment, seriously think about suicide. Besides, getting into a car, driving to a railroad and wait for a train is not the most spontaneous way to kill yourself.

Did you watch superman last night? maybe you should stop dreaming being one and try to look into the subject before you start talking about it...

i dont think he is dead. if he is though, R.I.P and im sorry... im sure there would be SOMETHIGN on the web about his death other than the pearpc site. since he was such an accredited coder/programmer. just search for his name on google. its all the programs he made basically.

The vast majority of people who are hit by a train (and I saw the statistics in the news a few months ago) are drunk, drugged or are simply in a 'hurry' (usually without any good reason to, they just don't want to wait) - do you believe that it's worth risking your life to get home 5 minutes early or simply taking that risk without considering it? I think that is stupid (dictionary: brain?less adj. Unintelligent; stupid).
What I meant was his accomplishments in coding. It takes quite a bit of skill to do what he does which makes him far from brainless.
Despite what your political or religious leaders, teachers or anyone else might have told you: you always have the right to question everything.

Maybe so, but questioning whether or not someone is dead when you don't even know the person is rather disrespectful (You're assuming the person is a liar, and making a joke with something serious like death).

If he was hit by a train he is probably resting in pieces at least.
:no::

bwx

What I meant was his accomplishments in coding. It takes quite a bit of skill to do what he does which makes him far from brainless.

There are plenty of people with great intelligence but little wisdom.

It's lucky that there are not many railroad crossings in Singapore, and getting hit by a train here (other than the subway train) while on a railway track is very rare - I only heard it once in my entire life about it happening in Singapore.

Anyway,

rip.gif Rest in peace Stefan 'steveman' Weyergraf.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok. Heres my theory.

If he WAS going to fake his death, he'd be much smarter and say that he had a heart attack, or he died of some illness.

He was a smart guy (obviously) and i bet he had lots of money, maybe he went for a night out with some mates, and got a bit too drunk and they tried to play chicken with a train?

I dunno, thats what i think, really sucks he's dead though, RIP Stefan :(