PearPC no More?

who said he was at his home city when he fake his deaf?

You'd at least expect a death notice in the newspaper of the hometown, where the guy would likely be buried too.

WTF?!

Aachen is exactly 14km away from where I sit right now. I never heard anything of a guy being steamrolled by a train. On top of that, the railroad tracks inside the city are for the most part on bridges. The only parts you could effectively get rolled over by a train is the german-belgian border, where the rails go thru the woods, and past Aachen towards inner-Germany where the same applies.

---edit---

I checked the online archive of the Aachener Zeitung, and I find only stuff about two train accidents. The most recent article mentions a train accident only in relation that some citizen thought something sounded like one. It's the newest article and dates mid-May 2004.

So no, seems like one big scam.

:o

My word. Sorry about the screwup on it's location. Don't know how I managed that :blush:.

Also, check out http://www.presseportal.de/polizeipresse/p...x?firmaid=11559

This is a direct link to the police's press releases - if it happened in Aachen it WOULD be on there. but it's not.

So no, seems like one big scam.

Where does it say that it was an accident though? It sounds a lot more like suicide to me, which is something that under normal circumstances is not announced (at least by the media).

Pretty sad. Can't imagine what his family is going through.

Okay, time to say something here. How the hell do you get hit by a TRAIN? It's gigantic, loud, hundreds of feet long, and has a big-ass light on the front. How can you NOT see it coming? Also...if someone got hit by a train (which dosen't happen very often) I'm sure there would be media coverage. This is complete and utter bullsh*t, simple as that. Until I see a credible story from any local paper, I won't believe it. And yes, I'm sure you people who believe everything will come running and screaming at me for posting this. Don't bother.

Yesterday evening at 23:00 one of my best friends, one of my best

critics, one of the most valuable programmers of PearPC, the one who

could help me in all situations, the one with whom I had the best time

of my life, died after getting hit by a train.

Stefan 'steveman' Weyergraf -- Rest In Peace. We'll never forget you.

======================================================================

I'll continue PearPC. But I need some time to understand this dramatic

accident.

Sebastian

That was posted ot the dev mailing list. He is not stopping work. The project is not dead.

good god :crazy:

Sometimes this board scares me that so many people can be so disrespectful.

No kidding. The death of a person is nothing to be made light of or contested (in the manner in which most people in this thread are doing anyway). A man has died. This is not the time to crack jokes about Apple and conspiracies at this mans expense.

That's how I feel anyway.

good god :crazy:

Sometimes this board scares me that so many people can be so disrespectful.

Yes, god forbid some people with common sense and brains don't trust a shady story with no proof at all.

Yes, god forbid some people with common sense and brains don't trust a shady story with no proof at all.

What the hell? How is this shady?

Train deaths happen. My own grandmother was killed by a train a few years ago, and yes, it went without even a blip on anyone's radar (in terms of media, such as newspaper).

You cite common sense as a reason to question this story. How about common decency? Why would he lie about a death? It's not like PearPC needs to meet a deadline, it's an open-source, free project.

Why can't people just pay their respect and let the whole conspiracy theory thing rest? Even if there was reason to believe that there was something awry regarding this report of his death, it is neither your duty and especially not your place to be mouthing off when you really have no solid facts to support your theory.