[Official] Apple WWDC 2011 Keynote

It appears to be sorted by purchase date

To a degree, but I saw some dates from 2010 at the bottom of my list, before dates from 2009. I think it is some combination of purchase date and the date of the newest version of the app.

Look at your own screenshot, the dates are out of order there as well.

Is that 5 or the new 4 beta?

neither...and there is no new 4 beta that i'm aware of...the already out there 4.3 (.1, .2, .3) have all been updated with that...as long as you have data just open itunes or the appstore and you'll see it...

What I noticed looking at the Keynote is Mac OS X Lion still doesn't have consistent open animations for windows... Some windows animate this way, some another way, while others don't show an animation at all.

Is that 5 or the new 4 beta?

There isn't a new beta of 4. That now shows up in the App Store on (all, I'm guessing) iOS devices.

neither...and there is no new 4 beta that i'm aware of...the already out there 4.3 (.1, .2, .3) have all been updated with that...as long as you have data just open itunes or the appstore and you'll see it...

Yes, I'm a dick.

And of course there's no new 4 beta. I meant is that the 5 beta or the new 4 release they talked about in the keynote. D'oh

Yes, I'm a dick.

And of course there's no new 4 beta. I meant is that the 5 beta or the new 4 release they talked about in the keynote. D'oh

There is no "new 4 release", this is strictly confined to the App Store itself (which is essentially a web app, not technically an app on the iOS device).

There isn't a new beta of 4. That now shows up in the App Store on (all, I'm guessing) iOS devices.

any iOS device with 4.3

There is no "new 4 release", this is strictly confined to the App Store itself (which is essentially a web app, not technically an app on the iOS device).

Rewatching the keynote now to see if I can work out what I thought I heard.

Can't see the changes on my iPhone at the moment. Probably because I'm still on 4.3 - whoops. I'll update and see what happens.

How do all these gestures work for those of us without a trackpad or magic mouse?

To a degree, but I saw some dates from 2010 at the bottom of my list, before dates from 2009. I think it is some combination of purchase date and the date of the newest version of the app.

Look at your own screenshot, the dates are out of order there as well.

I'm pretty sure I purchased them in that order. Those dates are the dates the apps were last updated which is why they are seemingly random. A few of the apps right at the bottom of the list I specifically remember downloading them when I first had the device (iPint for instance lol). last.fm is my second to last even though it was updated approximately a week ago. I obviously can't be 100% sure though because there's so many of them!

How do all these gestures work for those of us without a trackpad or magic mouse?

Obviously they don't. You'll have to move your cursor and press the relevant button. Doesn't that go without saying?

Rewatching the keynote now to see if I can work out what I thought I heard.

Can't see the changes on my iPhone at the moment. Probably because I'm still on 4.3 - whoops. I'll update and see what happens.

Did you turn on the options in "Settings>Store"?

I'm pretty sure I purchased them in that order. Those dates are the dates the apps were last updated which is why they are seemingly random. A few of the apps right at the bottom of the list I specifically remember downloading them when I first had the device (iPint for instance lol). last.fm is my second to last even though it was updated approximately a week ago. I obviously can't be 100% sure though because there's so many of them!

Gotcha. I was getting confused by the dates being out of order. Some methods of sorting (other than the search box) would be handy though.

Obviously they don't. You'll have to move your cursor and press the relevant button. Doesn't that go without saying?

Many of these features (for example swapping between full screen apps and Mission Control, or other apps require gestures according to the video

There's no options in there yet. Just the ability to log in and out.

What country are you in?

edit: Just checked, you said you are on 4.3, but the new feature requires you to be on at least 4.3.1. That would be why you aren't seeing it.

There's no options in there yet. Just the ability to log in and out.

It takes a second to appear while you're in the menu.

Many of these features (for example swapping between full screen apps and Mission Control, or other apps require gestures according to the video

I don't think so. There will be some kind of hotkey, like there is today. You can either access Expos? via f3 (on my MBP) or a gesture or a hotkey on your mouse if you wish (like friend of mine with a more-than-three-button Logitec mouse, who assigned a few keys to Dashboard, Expos? etc.)

No they don't. You can press a button or use keyboard shortcuts just like currently in Mac OS X Snow Leopard. Nothing has changed here. The use of gestures is an addition, not a replacement for conventional means.

Yep, there we go. Updated to 4.3.3. New options in the settings and App Store.

Song purchases finally went live in iTunes (on the iPod touch) as well. Cool, I had lost the copies of a few things I had bought a while back.

Apple just updated the Find My iPhone app too.

- When you are unable to locate a device because it is is offline, you will receive an email if the device comes online and is located.

- Ability to remove an offline device from the list using the app.

I'm still getting iTunes 10.2... where are you guys getting 10.3 from? Apples site says download 10.3 right now for the itunes link, but clicking on it says download 10.2.2

I'm still getting iTunes 10.2... where are you guys getting 10.3 from? Apples site says download 10.3 right now for the itunes link, but clicking on it says download 10.2.2

No one has said they had 10.3 yet (it hasn't gone live on their page, as you noticed). We are talking about iTunes on the iPod touch and the iPhone.