[Official] Apple WWDC 2011 Keynote

Weird. I just logged in to developer.apple.com, accepted the new agreement now I can't get back in!

They are heavily updating everything there. I can't even access my Account Info... Also, almost every Dev out there is propably trying to access that page right now... :D

Weird. I just logged in to developer.apple.com, accepted the new agreement now I can't get back in!

I was able to get in for a split second and start the iOS 5 download for iPad, but when I went to grab the iPhone 4 version, I was locked out again. :laugh:

Edit: Got back in! iPhone 4 version downloading now.

I was able to get in for a split second and start the iOS 5 download for iPad, but when I went to grab the iPhone 4 version, I was locked out again. :laugh:

Edit: Got back in! iPhone 4 version downloading now.

Don't forget the iTunes 10.5 Beta. I was lucky enough to grab all 3.

For those of you waiting impatiently for iTunes 10.3, the magical web elves have now started updated http://www.apple.com/itunes/. Looks like they're leaving the actual download til last though. Still 10.2.2

10.3 won't be of much use until iOS 5 and iCloud are released, though, right?

Who wants to add my iPhone to their developers account? :D

I plan on adding iOS access to my ADC account, so I'll add you once I do.

Don't forget the iTunes 10.5 Beta. I was lucky enough to grab all 3.

Yep! I was able to grab that too.

Could you post the actual link? It says iOS 4.x on mine. I'm logged in though so the download should still work

Well, that's assuming whomever the pirate is, is stupid enough to get caught in the first place. This is why I've purchased all my music legally and ripped them all in lossless for my own personal library. However, as I said, the downloaded 256kbps AAC file from iTunes' store would be a legal copy. So for $25 a month, a person could pirate music and upload it through iTunes to the cloud, then because of iTunes Match, it'll replace the song(s) or give the option to download the song(s) from the iTunes Store as a legal copy. You could delete the pirated copy and be left with that legal copy.

The RIAA catches people when they download the music in the first place. It's not like the RIAA is looking through people's iPods.

They grab your IP address when you pirate and prosecute you over that. iTunes Match is not going to do anything to change that.

After all, even without iTunes Match, how do they know if a particular mp3 was pirated or ripped? :whistle:

You can still use it to download previous purchases.

Automatic Reference Counting

Automatic Reference Counting (ARC) for Objective-C makes memory management the job of the compiler. By enabling ARC with the new Apple LLVM compiler, you will never need to type retain or release again, dramatically simplifying the development process, while reducing crashes and memory leaks. The compiler has a complete understanding of your objects, and releases each object the instant it is no longer used, so apps run as fast as ever, with predictable, smooth performance.

:o:O

You can still use it to download previous purchases.

Oh, that's already live. Neat. Want to try it out on my MacBook (with a fresh Lion install.)

I already know there are probably a good 4-5 songs I've lost because I forgot to back them up, so it'll be cool to get them back.

I plan on adding iOS access to my ADC account, so I'll add you once I do.

Don't know but I'll be on iOS 5 in a few hours anyway. iCloud will have to wait. :)

Could you post the actual link? It says iOS 4.x on mine. I'm logged in though so the download should still work

http://adcdownload.apple.com/ios/ios_5_beta/ios_5_beta__iphone_4__9a5220p.dmg for the iPhone 4 GSM version.

http://adcdownload.apple.com/ios/ios_5_beta/ios_5_beta__ipad__9a5220p.dmg for the original iPad.

http://adcdownload.apple.com/ios/itunes_10.5_beta/itunes_10.5_beta__mac.dmg for iTunes 10.5.

Downloading Lion DP4 onto the laptop right now. Depending on how stable it is, I might finally make it my main OS.

Nothing mentioned about adding like an EXPOSE or MISSION CONTROL to the iPad so you can switch between apps quickly.....

that was what I was looking for the most in iOS 5... :sleep:

its' so much slower to keep clicking the HOME button to move between apps...

Oh, that's already live. Neat. Want to try it out on my MacBook (with a fresh Lion install.)

I already know there are probably a good 4-5 songs I've lost because I forgot to back them up, so it'll be cool to get them back.

Yes, it is live on my iPod touch, as I mentioned on the previous page (same thing for apps as well). I'm just curious if the version of it on the PC is going to have previous TV show and other video downloads, because I can't seem to access those on the iPod.

Nothing mentioned about adding like an EXPOSE or MISSION CONTROL to the iPad so you can switch between apps quickly.....

that was what I was looking for the most in iOS 5... :sleep:

Would've been nice on the iPhone as well. I really love the WP7 way of doing it, but since iOS likes to abstract the notion of a "running" app, I'm not quite sure how it'd work.

http://adcdownload.apple.com/ios/ios_5_beta/ios_5_beta__iphone_4__9a5220p.dmg for the iPhone 4 GSM version.

http://adcdownload.apple.com/ios/ios_5_beta/ios_5_beta__ipad__9a5220p.dmg for the original iPad.

http://adcdownload.apple.com/ios/itunes_10.5_beta/itunes_10.5_beta__mac.dmg for iTunes 10.5.

Downloading Lion DP4 onto the laptop right now. Depending on how stable it is, I might finally make it my main OS.

im surprised they haven't got a GM canidate out or an RC build out yet considering Lion is out next month...

also the more i think about itunes match, the more i want it. think of it this way. if you get your music by alternative means, this is a way to get all of the itunes library for 25 a year as long as you keep getting music the way you have always been. the only pain in the arse is that you have to download the music twice and would be gone if you unsubcribed (im guessing, but it's DRM free, so i doubt they'll just take it away)

Edited by rajputwarrior

im surprised they haven't got a GM canidate out or an RC build out yet considering Lion is out next month...

Well, like I said, DP4 might be stable enough to consider GM. I'll know in about an hour, I guess. :p

Nice thing about digital distribution is that they can keep on working until Lion up until it's ready to be released. No packaging and shipping time involved, so there's no need to have a GM a month early.

Nice thing about digital distribution is that they can keep on working until Lion up until it's ready to be released. No packaging and shipping time involved, so there's no need to have a GM a month early.

I can't check right now because I don't have access to my own iMac, but is the new Mac OS X Lion DP being pushed through Software Update or do you need to re-download the whole thing?

I can't check right now because I don't have access to my own iMac, but is the new Mac OS X Lion DP being pushed through Software Update or do you need to re-download the whole thing?

I didn't see it in Software Update, and the dev page had a new redemption code for me, so I'm assuming you have to do another MAS install.

I didn't see it in Software Update, and the dev page had a new redemption code for me, so I'm assuming you have to do another MAS install.

Grrrr

Stupid question, but are tabs in Safari going to be supported on the iPhone and iPod touch? Everytime they show this feature off it's on an iPad.

Also, if true, does that mean they will be completely replacing the old method where you had multiple "pages," or can you still access various sites that way?

Stupid question, but are tabs in Safari going to be supported on the iPhone and iPod touch? Everytime they show this feature off it's on an iPad.

Also, if true, does that mean they will be completely replacing the old method where you had multiple "pages," or can you still access various sites that way?

iPad only, it seems.

From the iOS-page:

"Tabbed browsing

Move between sites using tabs on iPad."

I just wanna know how this iMessage thing is going to work.

Are you going to get usernames or something like that?