How often do you use your start menu?

how often do you use your start menu?  

200 members have voted

1. 1. how often do you use your start menu?

• All the time
    • some of the time
    • very seldom
    • I dust it off occasionally
    • start screen all the way!
    • what's a start menu?

I use it a good deal of time... Not a lot, as I'm not terribly fond of the metro interface of Windows 8 (mainly because while it is possible to multitask w/apps, it's just easier to stay on the desktop.

Very often, but I just use the typing feature to look for documents or apps installed on my computer as well the quick links on the start menu, rearely the All Programs menu

When I used windows XP ....I used the "start" button all the time !!!

When I started using windows 7 .... I used the "start" button half of that time, and I am now ready for windows 8 I feel.

It is what you are used to using really and with the "pinned" programs on the tool bar there really isn't much need to use the start button.

Sometimes yes but most of the time NO !

There's a new version of Start8 out, by the way. :)

I noticed that too, seems like it's now $4.99 to buy although it does have a trial version.

I rarely use the start menu on my work machine, I use Find and Run Robot to launch programs and I haven't really used Windows 8 much at home but I'd imagine I'll go the same way there. I don't see the point in the live tiles or most of the "modern ui" apps so I'll probably avoid them unless things change drasticly.

Then why did you open your mouth in the first place?

Because you make it so very easy. However, board rules prevent me from answering some of your questions. :rolleyes: :rofl:

In XP, I used it all the time. Now that I'm running a decent computer, I access my constantly used software via dock at the top of the screen and some of the programs run in the system tray anyway. I use start menu only for some rarely used programs and games.

All the time, i often use:

Start > Sleep

Start > My username to access my user folder

Start > Computer to access the hard drives in my system

Start > Network to quickly access other computers on the network

Start > Control Panel to get to the control panel

I then end up with a list of applications i'm using frequently at the moment, which adapts to the programs i currently use.

I have the classic menu organised with my apps grouped, e.g. Multimedia, Internet, Office... and so on.

All in all i make use of it every day.