Boston Bombing Suspects - MIT Shooting - Manhunt

They have killed one of the Boston Marathon bombers and think that they have another cornered. The explosions were from the bombers after they hujacked a car and were chased by police. One suspect is thought to be surrounded and holed up at this time.......

If he wasnt a suspect, he wouldnt be surrounded and holed up, so now he is the shooter.

long standoff it seems we will see today.

either they can snipe him (risk) or they can try to take him down

and you can be sure he isnt going to turn himself in; he knows he will rot in jail or be killed inside. today he dies: how is up to him.

Transit cop was also shot & is critical, but the osner of the vehicle that was carjacked was turned loose.

hospital holding a presser now re: suspect #1

- showed up with PD @ 1:20 AM

- was in traumatic arrest

- did CPR, etc, etc

- declared dead about 15 mins after arrival (1:35 AM)

- injuries included several gunshots, burns and perhaps blast trauma and shrapnel (Karma's a bitch!)

Police now believe that the second shooter is holed up in a shopping mall business area and they have the area closed off. Police have now publically stated that these two were terrorists who came to the U.S. about a year ago "to kill as many people as possible".

Police have increased the survellance area now. Not sure if he hijacked another car, but they are widening the containment area anyway. Watertown is now effectively shut down. People told to not go into that town at this time and no businesses to open today until the area is secured.

>

DocM where are you following this so i can follow it as quick? thank you

Local Fox, which is linking to Fox News which has all hands on deck, with the Boston Fox affiliate following the cops in their vehicle.

Imagine how many cops and fbi agents are in that town right now.

I hope no more people die, but this guy isnt going to be taken alive.

given the situation, one more person will die.

If he wasnt a suspect, he wouldnt be surrounded and holed up, so now he is the shooter.

long standoff it seems we will see today.

either they can snipe him (risk) or they can try to take him down

and you can be sure he isnt going to turn himself in; he knows he will rot in jail or be killed inside. today he dies: how is up to him.

Why would he be killed on the inside. Our mass murderer over here is locked up in his own little private cell area barely ever getting to see other people. funny thing is, as determined as these people are to die, after they've been running for a while like this, dying gets less interesting. The longer they stay holed up, the bigger the chance he will surrender

Why would he be killed on the inside. Our mass murderer over here is locked up in his own little private cell area barely ever getting to see other people. funny thing is, as determined as these people are to die, after they've been running for a while like this, dying gets less interesting. The longer they stay holed up, the bigger the chance he will surrender

I know over here the high security prisons prisoners can still congregate together so always a chance to kill another and it happens now and again lol

People aint gonna like a Terrorist in there, they will more than likely segregate him though

CNN just announced that the terrorist who was killed had explosives on his body. A big concern at this time that the second terrorist at large has the same.

CNN just announced that the terrorist who was killed had explosives on his body. A big concern at this time that the second terrorist at large has the same.

we know this; what we dont know if they exploded.

did they explode?

Sorry to go kinda off topic but i had to comment on this.

Having spent a full year in prison myself, i can tell you its definitely not about respect. The reason why prisoners don't like rapists an paedos? it's because they have committed crimes against women (in most instances of rape) and kids. As twisted as it sounds there is a pecking order depending on the crime you've committed.

It's unlikely he'd be killed by another prisoner, he'd more than likely be put straight into segregation.

Thats why I said respect with " "....

I've not been following this all too closely, but it seems insane. Someone has probably already linked to this, but the BBC have live text coverage following the events.

Boston Police Department tweets: #CommunityAlert: Search for armed suspect continues in Watertown. Residents reminded to remain indoors. All vehicle traffic suspended.

Madness. A town in lockdown...

Some updates:

NBC is reporting that they are possibily brothers. Not confirmed.

Police is preparing a controlled explosion. They evacuated the area and now a controlled exploision....odd for one guy.

I had a fleeting feeling last night when I posted this, that this was the terror suspects...

<<Merged "Boston Suspect" topic and "MIT Shooting" topic.>>

Some updates:

NBC is reporting that they are possibily brothers. Not confirmed.

Police is preparing a controlled explosion. They evacuated the area and now a controlled exploision....odd for one guy.

Confirmed: They are brothers

One is 26, the one who is dead, and he other is 19.

<<Merged "Boston Suspect" topic and "MIT Shooting" topic.>>

Confirmed: They are brothers

Post sources. so much cross information things that have been said may not be true...