Xbox: A New Generation Revealed

Don't worry, a pc version of the new CoD wouldn't be able to match Crysis 3 either.

Yeah, I don't think comparing it to Crysis 3 is a good idea. Activision probably just updated its already outdated engine slightly.

Yeah, I don't think comparing it to Crysis 3 is a good idea. Activision probably just updated its already outdated engine slightly.

That's precisely what they did. And they had the nerve to call it a "next-gen engine". Yeah right. The 17-minute gameplay demo of Battlefield 4 looked much more impressive.

That's precisely what they did. And they had the nerve to call it a "next-gen engine". Yeah right. The 17-minute gameplay demo of Battlefield 4 looked much more impressive.

Bird AI vs Fish AI..... damn this is tough!

• Like 2

Except you forget one thing, the other media players don't require Gold to access the accounts you already pay for.

I'm wagering that the limitations on those items will be tweaked for release. Charging a fee to use a different fee based subscription is pretty loopy.

Whoever made that video is a crappy shot.

I'm wagering that the limitations on those items will be tweaked for release. Charging a fee to use a different fee based subscription is pretty loopy.

Like Nextflix on 360? They already have shown the will to charge for such things.

This just keeps getting worse and worse. You have to pay full RRP for used games!

"But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee?and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game?in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison says."

http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825

Are MS trying to bomb on purpose?

This just keeps getting worse and worse. You have to pay full RRP for used games!

"But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee?and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game?in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison says."

http://kotaku.com/yo...icros-509140825

Are MS trying to bomb on purpose?

Microsoft's RRP is something stupid like ?59.99 isn't it...Same with the PlayStation Store as well :/

It also REQUIRES online connection:

"Kotaku: If I?m playing a single player game, do I have to be online at least once per hour or something like that? Or can I go weeks and weeks?

Harrison: I believe it?s 24 hours.

Kotaku: I?d have to connect online once every day.

Harrison: Correct."

"Kotaku: If I?m playing a single player game, do I have to be online at least once per hour or something like that? Or can I go weeks and weeks?

Can't see that being a problem for a majority of people.

Just about to post that.

Are Microsoft aiming to screw themselves over or something?

Here's the article for those wondering.

• Like 1

You're connected to the internet now...shouldn't be an issue.

During the presentation, they were all touting about AI. They said, " We have AI. We have fish that when you swim near them, they swim away from you!" Clearly, their time was well utilized. :p

LOL, now I see teh funny. :laugh:

You're connected to the internet now...shouldn't be an issue.

What if your Internet goes down a few days like many people's Internet does? Not everyone in the world has stable Internet, so basically they won't be able to play because...they will be blocked? Seems like a stupid idea to me.

What if your Internet goes down a few days like many people's Internet does? Not everyone in the world has stable Internet, so basically they won't be able to play because...they will be blocked? Seems like a stupid idea to me.

If your service goes down for days, then I'm sure gaming is the last thing on your mind. Hopefully, you would be in your basement or shelter taking refuge from whatever local Armageddon is occurring at the time.

If your service goes down for days, then I'm sure gaming is the last thing on your mind. Hopefully, you would be in your basement or shelter taking refuge from whatever local Armageddon is occurring at the time.

This. That's such a border case that all it really is is an excuse to hate on MS.

This. That's such a border case that all it really is is an excuse to hate on MS.

...It's not a border case at all, I've had it a few times where the engineers literally take days to fix issues with phone lines constantly across the UK. But it's not only here, it's in other areas of the world too with developing economies and very unstable connections. Sure, they might not be buying the Xbox One exact on launch day, but come the near future they will be and it'll be a difficult situation.

It's very easy to sit when you're in the US or UK and just say "oh it'll be fine for me, so I don't know what everyone is moaning about", when there are a plethora of individual reasons why this will cause problems.

...It's not a border case at all, I've had it a few times where the engineers literally take days to fix issues with phone lines constantly across the UK. But it's not only here, it's in other areas of the world too with developing economies and very unstable connections. Sure, they might not be buying the Xbox One exact on launch day, but come the near future they will be and it'll be a difficult situation.

Phone lines!? You're not still on dial up, are you?

Phone lines!? You're not still on dial up, are you?

What? My broadband goes through the phone line or whatever, I don't have cable. Like most of the UK doesn't have cable.

What? My broadband goes through the phone line or whatever, I don't have cable. Like most of the UK doesn't have cable.

Phone lines cannot carry data like that.

bull****. If your internet is down you probably want to pass the time playing games. Admittedly it probably doesn't happen much in America but other countries don't have robust infrastructures. What about taking your Xbox on holiday ooops doesn't work. How about those in the army serving abroad? Tough luck! Look past your own little selfish situation and consider how it is a negative for consumers. My internet hasn't been down for years but I still think its a terrible move and harms users.

• Like 3