Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

cbs 'Survivor' winner snags CBS sitcom writing gig

1 post in this topic

After 39 days of enduring a blistering sunburn and a diet of rice and beans on "Survivor," a million dollar prize sure seemed like it would be enough for champion John Cochran.

Instead, the sole survivor is parlaying his success on the reality series to a role behind the scenes of an upcoming CBS comedy, landing a job writing for Greg Garcia's "The Millers."

An ecstatic Cochran tweeted the good news to his followers, stating, "I'm thrilled to announce that I'm going to be a writer on the new CBS sitcom 'The Millers' (with Will Arnett, Margo Martindale, and more)!"

The new series comes from "My Name Is Earl" and "Raising Hope" creator Greg Garcia, centering on Arnett as a recently divorced man whose new bachelor lifestyle is complicated when parents Margo Martindale and Beau Bridges move in with him.

At the "Survivor" reunion show, Cochran had let on that he was interested in forgoing plans to become a lawyer in order to indulge in his passion for writing. He told The Hollywood Reporter, "I've always been a good writer in school... Maybe I'll write some sort of screenplay, or comedy writing. Then I start thinking, am I really that funny, or am I just deluding myself?"

Evidently Garcia thinks he's funny, adding him to the writing staff for the upcoming CBS comedy series. Cochran showed a bit of a neurotic charm and humor during his two times playing the popular CBS reality series, and hopefully that will translate well to the sitcom world.