Star Trek: Picard (CBS All Access)

Brent Spiner coming back wasn't that big of a surprise to be honest since rumors were going around about it for months now. But Jeri Ryan coming back (and the actor who plays Hugh) were huge shockers. Not to mention it was pretty obvious Frakes and Sirtis were gonna come back also (they were seen on set several times, after Frakes directed also). Frankly I'm shocked they are doing this now. I really wish they had someone represented from DS9, as once again it seems its the black sheep of Trek. Maybe, maybe they could do something with Sisko coming back in this storyline - but I'm pretty sure Avery Brooks will never step foot into his uniform again as Sisko. The guy barely goes to conventions as it is. Which kinda sucks for us DS9 fans who feel its the best series :)

36 minutes ago, LOC said:

Brent Spiner coming back wasn't that big of a surprise to be honest since rumors were going around about it for months now. But Jeri Ryan coming back (and the actor who plays Hugh) were huge shockers. Not to mention it was pretty obvious Frakes and Sirtis were gonna come back also (they were seen on set several times, after Frakes directed also). Frankly I'm shocked they are doing this now. I really wish they had someone represented from DS9, as once again it seems its the black sheep of Trek. Maybe, maybe they could do something with Sisko coming back in this storyline - but I'm pretty sure Avery Brooks will never step foot into his uniform again as Sisko. The guy barely goes to conventions as it is. Which kinda sucks for us DS9 fans who feel its the best series :)

I like DS9 the best also, but I wish they would prefer to do original Star Trek in the more adult style of DS9; not personally that fanboyish and interested in seeing cast revivals.

I suspect the main reason we see Jeri Ryan is the Borg are central to the plot. DS9 really didn't touch the Borg at all. Probably a way to get a DS9 character in if they wanted to do so is through the Romulans, since there was a heavy Romulan subplot in DS9. ("Its a fake!")

Ok I don't know if she misspoke about this or just said it as is - but Jeri Ryan was on EW's Women Who Kick Ass panel today and she said specifically that Data was back, not just B-4 or Lore or whatever. So take that as you will since she's on the show etc etc.

4 hours ago, LOC said:

Ok I don't know if she misspoke about this or just said it as is - but Jeri Ryan was on EW's Women Who Kick Ass panel today and she said specifically that Data was back, not just B-4 or Lore or whatever. So take that as you will since she's on the show etc etc.

Either they're going to ignore the last movie or more of Data was transferred to B-4 than they thought and he took over it.

51 minutes ago, kjordan2001 said:

Either they're going to ignore the last movie or more of Data was transferred to B-4 than they thought and he took over it.

They aren't ignoring the last movie that's for sure. My guess is the woman researcher who joins Picard's crew (she's the one showing Picard the disassembled Lore or Data body in the drawer) figures out how to finally transfer Data into B-4 or something to do with that and fixes up his body maybe or who knows at this point. It could be anything really, from Lore being used to a whole new body to B-4 himself just becoming Data (though that'd be kinda messed up if you think about it for Data to do that).

I haven't been watching the rumours, so seeing Brent Spiner was a bit surprising for me. I thought the reason that Data was killed off was mostly because Spiner didn't want to continue with the role anymore? Or did I make that up?

I'm also not sure what to make of the second trailer. The first one was amazing, there was something about the idea of flashbacks during an interview that gripped me. But the second trailer makes me think that it's going to be another tired formula of "the one" or "the new generation" needing protection from people that want to use them as the ultimate weapon. 

I'll still watch it, I just hope it's more like trailer 1 than 2.

14 hours ago, LOC said:

I'm not sure how any of the DS9 crew would fit into the story, some of the TNG crew is easy enough because Picard likely kept contact with most if not all of his crew and in the case of Voyager, Seven of Nine being a expert on Borg's and it's looking like the Borg could play a big part in all this, it's easy to see why they brought her in, Janeway could be another they could bring in as she likely is a admiral and with her dealings with the Borg, Picard and her likely will of had more contact with each other.

The rest is hard to say, they don't want to go too crazy with the plot line in bringing in any Star trek actor if it doesn't make much sense to the series and bringing in DS9 actors doesn't really fit in from what we know of the story for now.

In any case, I do feel that Star Trek feeling with this that I never got with the newer Star Trek movies or Discovery and that alone is a good sign, that and because Patrick only got back into this because he has a big say in how the story goes so that another good sign.

As for Data being back, It's doable I suppose as if I recall, didn't B-4 have all of Data's memories before he died? with that, they might be able to bring Data back in how we remember him.

One last thing, I would love to see Q again but that is unlikely.

Edited by Paul1979UK

1 hour ago, Paul1979UK said:

Well there is a way to bring him back, remember how he was so self absorbed etc (complicated "family" in the Q continuum etc) like the Caretaker in Voyager, they could just have him grow old through his own misery and hey presto!  Another story arc! 😛

• Haha 1

They could do something silly like say that the thalaron radiation that was released when the Scimitar exploded in created a subspace tear/anomaly that allowed Data to escape, or protected him enough to recover his pieces, and now the tech exists to reactivate him, or something along those lines. 

B4 evolving into data makes sense, but I also feel that process would have to be gradual. Data wouldn't just take over another person's body. Lore is another option, but same problem. We do see android parts in the trailer. Let the speculation continue!

Edited by shockz

1 hour ago, shockz said:

B4 evolving into data makes sense, but I also feel that process would have to be gradual. Data wouldn't just take over another person's body. Lore is another option, but same problem. We do see android parts in the trailer. Let the speculation continue!

Well there's 18 years between Nemesis and Picard 😛

6 hours ago, Paul1979UK said:

I'm not sure how any of the DS9 crew would fit into the story, some of the TNG crew is easy enough because Picard likely kept contact with most if not all of his crew and in the case of Voyager, Seven of Nine being a expert on Borg's and it's looking like the Borg could play a big part in all this, it's easy to see why they brought her in, Janeway could be another they could bring in as she likely is a admiral and with her dealings with the Borg, Picard and her likely will of had more contact with each other.

The rest is hard to say, they don't want to go too crazy with the plot line in bringing in any Star trek actor if it doesn't make much sense to the series and bringing in DS9 actors doesn't really fit in from what we know of the story for now.

In any case, I do feel that Star Trek feeling with this that I never got with the newer Star Trek movies or Discovery and that alone is a good sign, that and because Patrick only got back into this because he has a big say in how the story goes so that another good sign.

As for Data being back, It's doable I suppose as if I recall, didn't B-4 have all of Data's memories before he died? with that, they might be able to bring Data back in how we remember him.

It's definitely more of a TNG movie feel as opposed to the series, which could be good or bad depending on how they execute it.

And Janeway definitely didn't rid the galaxy of the Borg for good after the Voyager finale...  I will be curious to see how they make the Borg out to be this time.  Hopefully none of the Borg Queen nonsense anymore.  I'm hoping they taking it to the place of origin of the Borg, that's really the only place they have left to go with them.

On 7/22/2019 at 3:33 PM, Steven P. said:

Well there is a way to bring him back, remember how he was so self absorbed etc (complicated "family" in the Q continuum etc) like the Caretaker in Voyager, they could just have him grow old through his own misery and hey presto!  Another story arc! 😛

One way they could bring back Q is at first he comes back as the Q we remember using special effects and then he says some joke to Picard in how old he is and then Q changes to a older version of himself which can be the actor of today that played Q, that might work if done right.

It would be nice if they brought in Dr Crusher, Picard and her have had like a on off relationship throughout Star Trek and it would be nice to finally see them together and going of future lore, they are suppose to be married with one kid.

8 minutes ago, Paul1979UK said:

One way they could bring back Q is at first he comes back as the Q we remember using special effects and then he says some joke to Picard in how old he is and then Q changes to a older version of himself which can be the actor of today that played Q, that might work if done right.

It would be nice if they brought in Dr Crusher, Picard and her have had like a on off relationship throughout Star Trek and it would be nice to finally see them together and going of future lore, they are suppose to be married with one kid.

Crusher and Picard married with a kid? I never read the books or continuation of the shows in fanfic or whatever 😛

^ It was also part of that show with the timelines on TNG...

18 hours ago, Steven P. said:

Crusher and Picard married with a kid? I never read the books or continuation of the shows in fanfic or whatever 😛

I've heard countless people on the net over the years say that Picard and Crusher got married and had 1 kid but I don't know where they got that information from, maybe from some of the books, who know but it would be nice to see and it did kind of seem like something was building between the two over the series but they ware taking it very slow.

It wouldn't surprise me if they do manage to get Gates McFadden on the show if that the kind of roll they go for.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been implied before in the time skips too ;) (if I'm not mistaken in All Good Things)

• 1 month later...

I updated my post with a different video as well, first one didn't work when I originally posted.

Anyways, it's good to see some old faces again, it's also good to see them keep the plot details hidden.

10 minutes ago, InsaneNutter said:

Region locked trailers in 2019...

This one seems to work in the UK: https://intl.startrek.com/videos/star-trek-picard-nycc-trailer

Needless to say i'm excited for this!

Ooh awesome, thanks!

I'm glad that Riker & Troi aren't in uniform. They're both too old now as well. And 7of9 seems to be a merc of some kind huh? Interesting!