The complaining might actually bring positive change for the game which eventually may bring back old players and even new ones, while your posts just maintain the status quo. Also, be careful what you wish for Boz as you may well end up being the only one active in this thread.

The issue I find with Destiny is not that it's a bad game. It's not. Out does have flaws. The problem is very similar to when Diablo III came out. People were frustrated with the grind, and how most of the items you grind fire aren't worth the effort (but are necessary to be competent). Thus when you do get something good you're just plain frustrated.

Then you have the defending argument. The reason things are this way is because it has to be to make the things you get special. Grinding for hours to get a legendary item is what makes it legendary. The problem is that grinding just for something that MIGHT be better (let alone an item you actually want our have a use for) takes more time than people are willing to commit just for a seemingly small reward.

And to just deal with that is NOT a counter argument. It's not fun, nor is it good design. Diablo already went through this problem,and here we are again with Destiny (and go figure Activision worked on both)

Yes.. they didn't do their job.. they did the "Call of Duty" review approach which is ridiculous. Not to mention that they had a beta to play as well.

And only a tiny fraction of the buyers bothered to play it for more than a week is such a hyperbole.. Listen.. you think that what YOU think is what it is.. it's not.. there are millions of players playing destiny.. so your "destiny sucks" and "it's a failure" is ridiculous.

Just go play something else please your opinions are well noted here over the hundreds of posts. Shadow of Mordor is out and there are other games. I'm pretty sure you'll find something there to hate as well but i think you'll feel much better by not wasting energy telling everyone who likes Destiny how much it sucks.

If you haven't noticed that the amount of played who stuck around after the first week is a mere fraction of the playerbase, then you're in a dream world. 

Out of the four Fallen bosses three of them are the same. They move the same, have the same guns and only two of them teleport. The last level is just three Vex Gate Lords, you already did a Gate Lord fight and now you get to three more... one at a time. Boring and easy, why not fight three of them at the same time or have a different boss. The last level is setup so you have easy cover and the Gate Lords stay in their own area like there is an invisible wall they cant pass.

The Cabal who can destroy planets that get in their way (Marvin the Martian's relatives?) are the weakest in the game. I know when you get to them you should have some good guns but damn they drop fast, move around a bit and avoid getting shot like the fallen who take cover.

If the PvE extra content is just going to be more like The Queen's Wrath then its not looking good. Play the main story levels again at a higher level (you can already do that without Queen's Wrath) for reskinned weapons and armor (and you will get lots of armor) is not extra content. Having new levels is.

A lot of people want this game to be better even Bungie.

They also need to fix the weapons menu lag for PS3 (and Xbox 360 according to another user in the forums when I asked about it).

If you haven't noticed that the amount of played who stuck around after the first week is a mere fraction of the playerbase, then you're in a dream world. 

How do you notice this?!

I don't understand how you seem to know this so such an extent it almost seems like your stating it as a fact. From the numbers I've seen, Activision sold around 500 million copies of the game. You cannot possibly have even gotten the reaction of even a 10% of those people. Everyone I know who bought the game are still playing it and enjoying it, including myself. That doesn't make it a success only because its a stone throw in the ocean.

I respect your opinion on the game but I can't help but feel you're letting your own opinion on the game overcome others opinion. I've seen a lot of your posts in here and you seem to want to shoot down and argue why others shouldn't enjoy the game in which there is absolutely no need. We get you weren't happy with it, you don't need to keep insisting and giving reasons why this game isn't very good.

On to the actual game...I was pretty lucky last night, I have been trying to work my way up to Vanguard level 2 so I can buy the better armour but was persuaded to do the Queens Mission and actually got awarded  Purple Chest Armour and Helmet so I went from level 22 to 24 in one night. I'm right on the cusp of Vanguard level 2 with enough Marks to buy one of the armour pieces so hopefully next time I'll make it up to level 25 pretty quickly. 

Activision sold around 500 million copies of the game. You cannot possibly have even gotten the reaction of even a 10% of those people. 

Before you get slated, I think he meant sold $500 million worth of copies and not copies. 

Looks like the game is getting a update which requires some downtime

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

Before you get slated, I think he meant sold $500 million worth of copies and not copies. 

Looks like the game is getting a update which requires some downtime

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

It was actually a typo, I was supposed to type 5 million but it could have been because I had that figure in my head too.

This is an old article so the number is probably higher, but they estimate it to be around 5 million here.

Thanks for the spot (Y)

So I've hit level 27 and I'm stuck now. All my armor is ready to be upgraded (as far as exp requirements go) but I just can't bring myself to farm spirit blooms/helium/spinmetal. I've enjoyed most things up to this point, I even played another match of crucible and kind of enjoyed it. I just find material farming to be insanely mundane. Maybe they could increase the public events or even add in random encounter events to make it more enjoyable. 

It would be nice if they added a way to trade materials for another type. I have so many Hardonic Essence, it's insane. I'd even trade Motes of Light for them. Not that they're very useful either. 

Anyway, the weekly nightfall this week seems pretty fun. All elemental damage boosted and it's the Archon Priest mission. Anyone want to have a go at it this evening? I'm on the 360. 

I honestly like the game, it's fun running around with my buddies or going into multiplayer and having fun. One of my buddies just got the game yesterday and he doesn't like it, but not every game created is going to be everyones favorite.

Still to get around to playing this. So can you co-op from the start or is it a SP element first?

I got Invictus last night, and holy hell is that gun broken in PvP. That gun is the epitome of everything that is wrong with the "normalized" PvP in this game.

In regards to the last few pages of this thread, I like the game but it's definitely not the game that I wanted. The art, sound, guns, and the lore (if you can be bothered to read it) are all fantastic. But the severe lack of content, lack of lore from INSIDE the game, and a coherent single player campaign really hurt the overall package. Whatever the reasons for the failure of the single player (and it is a failure) I don't think it can be fixed in patches or DLC. It's a shame to, because what's there is good. I just can't see how Bungie can "fix" the game without massive overhaul patches and if they do do that, they better be free. So...yeah, not going to happen.

OMG.. I finally got the Vex Mythoclast and a SICK Vex like raid helmet for hunter for completing this week's Raid on Hard.. WOW.. now i'm set to hit level 30 and got the sickest gun!!! :)

hunterra.png

1548119_644918438960880_4466079220038703

I got Invictus last night, and holy hell is that gun broken in PvP. That gun is the epitome of everything that is wrong with the "normalized" PvP in this game.

Now.. just hope you get the Universal Control shotgun.. I got that a little bit ago finishing the Raid on Normal as well and that thing is a shotgun that replaces the primary and has insane range.

Still to get around to playing this. So can you co-op from the start or is it a SP element first?

There isn't a single player per-say. You're always online with other people. The only time you won't see them is when you go into darkness zones (read: mission areas) on your own (you can bring a fire team with you though). Otherwise there are always people with you. 

• Like 1

There is a small 10-15 minutes intro to the game where you are completely on your own however as FrostAM has mentioned, you're pretty much online most of the time.

I did the weekly strike last night on level 26 (I'm level 25) with two other level 27's. I think it's safe to say that was the hardest strike I've done yet. The boss himself is pretty easy but its his little cronies that keep popping up that actually make it hard. Especially when they are greater levels than you. I had to be a slight spectator towards the end where it was just easier for me to stay in cover and take pot shots so that I wasn't dying every 5 seconds, was worth the extra rep and strange coins though :)

• Like 1

I have been doing a lot of the Tiger Strikes (lvl 24 strikes) just for Vanguard Marks and reputation. i have 98 marks trying to get 150 for the scout rifle.

Here is an updated capture of my character (taken from the website)

post-120066-0-79573500-1412774382.png

http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/2/4611686018428685353/2305843009215315879#gear

Still need a lot of Ascendant Shards before I can upgrade my legendaries :(

I beat the nightfall last night and got a scout rifle from it. I thought it was supposed to give amazing gear? Maybe it'll be useful after I upgrade it some more. I'm still using my blue assault rifle that gives me grenade energy for every kill I make. That + sun singer = grenade spam :D The RNG in this game hates me. I guess that's what Xur and Vanguard marks are for :p

There isn't a single player per-say. You're always online with other people. The only time you won't see them is when you go into darkness zones (read: mission areas) on your own (you can bring a fire team with you though). Otherwise there are always people with you. 

There is a small 10-15 minutes intro to the game where you are completely on your own however as FrostAM has mentioned, you're pretty much online most of the time.

I did the weekly strike last night on level 26 (I'm level 25) with two other level 27's. I think it's safe to say that was the hardest strike I've done yet. The boss himself is pretty easy but its his little cronies that keep popping up that actually make it hard. Especially when they are greater levels than you. I had to be a slight spectator towards the end where it was just easier for me to stay in cover and take pot shots so that I wasn't dying every 5 seconds, was worth the extra rep and strange coins though :)

Thanks chaps.

I've heard class choice doesn't really matter either, anyone care to give an opinion on that?

Planning on playing co-op with someone consistently, so wanting to know if we can support each other better being separate classes. Also can you choose to co-op with a specific person from the start? Or is it random to start with?

Hi Everyone,

I have what I feel like is a stupid question.

I can't figure out where I left off in the story missions from one day (or play session) to the next.

I've been playing mostly multiplayer and a few nights ago after hitting level 20, decided to play the story. The second night I played, I picked what turned out to be the same story mission I played the previous night.

Is there any way to automatically "continue" to the next mission, or are there any indicators that I've already completed a story mission?

Ridiculous question, I know.  But I cant figure this out.

Thanks!

Thee missions you have left to do or what is "next" should flash with an "!" in a circle over the planet/mission. There are sometimes where there are mulitple choices I believe so I don't think there is a strict order as the game goes on.

Thanks chaps.

I've heard class choice doesn't really matter either, anyone care to give an opinion on that?

Planning on playing co-op with someone consistently, so wanting to know if we can support each other better being separate classes. Also can you choose to co-op with a specific person from the start? Or is it random to start with?

The only real difference between the classes are the supers. Titans are great for defense because of their bubble shield (thunder dome, boxing ring), warlocks can self resurrect (which is great on higher difficulties) and significantly reduce the cool down time of teammates (read: grenade spam) and hunters obliterate things with their super. 

As far as defense, recovery and damage go, I think all the classes are about the same. I could be wrong on this one though. 

You have fireteams, which are kind of like Xbox live parties. You can pick anyone to be in that fire team. The strikes, crucible and vanguard playlists will give you randoms to play with if you don't have a fire team. 

yeah, like skiver said usually the missions you have not done yet will have a glowing blinking circle around them that will let you know they are still needed.

Thanks chaps.

Err, i wouldn't say class choice is irrelevant completely. They all have their different pro's and con's. For example I went Titan (partly because the other guys I play with chose the other two classes) but it seems its a very bullet sponge type role. so you can get extra shielding power ups or one of the sub classes itself generates a shield for you and other players when things get hot. I would say its wise to have a Titan in the party when you start looking to do some of the harder challenges later on in the game for sure.

Apart from the stating sequence from that point on you can start a "fireteam" and invite two of your buddies max and then everything you do is part of a team. Their kills will give you XP etc. If you aren't in a fireteam your "on your own" in the world but can interact with others for the majority. There will be "darkness" zones where re-spawning is restricted (you die, start from the last checkpoint) and other players are not visible. Those sections are for fireteams only, so when it comes to strikes, I would strongly suggest getting friends on board.

Ok, great!  Thanks!  I'll have to check that out!  I've actually seen that blinking exclamation point around planets but not mission.

Totally possible that I missed it though.  Thanks again!

I beat the nightfall last night and got a scout rifle from it. I thought it was supposed to give amazing gear? Maybe it'll be useful after I upgrade it some more. I'm still using my blue assault rifle that gives me grenade energy for every kill I make. That + sun singer = grenade spam :D The RNG in this game hates me. I guess that's what Xur and Vanguard marks are for :p

already mastered sunsinger and i went back to void to master it. only 3 abilities left until it is mastered as well.

Which strike (or boss) did you play?