Which strike (or boss) did you play?

Err... the Archon Priest weekly strike I think it was. I think it's a level 22 but we bumped it up to 26 for the extra rep.

Archeon priest, easiest way to kill it is to hide under the patio thing on top of the hill, the adds cannot get to you under there.

Thanks chaps.

I've heard class choice doesn't really matter either, anyone care to give an opinion on that?

Planning on playing co-op with someone consistently, so wanting to know if we can support each other better being separate classes. Also can you choose to co-op with a specific person from the start? Or is it random to start with?

The Hunter is the worst class in my opinion. Their grenades and supers are woefully underpowered compared to the other two classes. And their supers are harder to use too! (/boggle)

Golden gun is fun because it generally kills anything in one hit, except for Bosses. That is, until you get to high-level strikes, then it only kills normal enemies in one hit and barely scratches the shields of elites. Basically it becomes utterly useless. I have never, ever one-hit-killed or one-hit-deshielded an elite inside a high level strike with Golden Gun. Meanwhile, my brother who plays a Titan can run in falcon-punch a mixed group of normals and elites and everything dies.

Bladedance is also fun (I like it more than Golden Gun), but it's only really useful in PvP. Trying to use it in high-level strikes is an exercise in futility. Hunters have the least amount of health, shields, and defense out of any class so running out into the open trying to melee in a large group of higher-level-than-you enemies is the quick way to stare at the respawn screen.

Hunters also have almost zero synergy with the other classes. Titans have their shield, and they can melee things to generate orbs. Warlocks have self-revive, and cooldown reduction for the entire party. Hunters have...capes?

In "normalized" PvP Hunters are great. In end-game PvE, they suck. Go Titan or Warlock if you're going to be doing more PvE than PvP.

The Hunter is the worst class in my opinion. Their grenades and supers are woefully underpowered compared to the other two classes. And their supers are harder to use too! (/boggle)

at least their power can't be negated in PVP by sitting down :p

I don't get it.  :pinch:

You can dodge the Warlock Axion Bolt by simply sitting down. it will just hover around above you and dissipate then you can stand back up and keep fighting.

i did the weekly heroic strike on hard lvl 28 & got 9 strange coins , 3 rares & 1 legendary 

doubt i will do the weekly nightfall

i wish they would put matchmaking for the weekly heroic strike.... i have no friends.

same here i only have family on mine & they all have 360 & i have the xbox one 

i wish they would put matchmaking for the weekly heroic strike.... i have no friends.

Agreed. My brother and I are the only ones I know that play, and it's hard enough to organize just our two schedules. Matchmaking is definitely going to be needed as the game population dies down.

Agreed. My brother and I are the only ones I know that play, and it's hard enough to organize just our two schedules. Matchmaking is definitely going to be needed as the game population dies down.

Have you tried looking at http://www.destinylfg.net/ ?  I've used this several times and worked well for me.

I soloed the weekly strike last night.  Wasnt to bad.  Archon priest I had to defeat. 

If anyone is looking for people to play with, PM me.  I am always looking for new people.  Have not been on the past couple days...family in town/funeral...but normally on in the evenings.

Have you tried looking at http://www.destinylfg.net/ ?  I've used this several times and worked well for me.

No I haven't, but honestly if I have to start using a 3rd party website in order to do something that should be in the game I just get frustrated. It's great that it's there instead of not having anything, but I have other issues with the game. So a work-around for one of them doesn't make the experience all that much better.

Err... the Archon Priest weekly strike I think it was. I think it's a level 22 but we bumped it up to 26 for the extra rep.

Yea, was the Archon priest.  I soloed it.  Wasnt to bad.  There is a place you can hide on the far side of the map under the platform.  Can shoot the priest all day long and he can rarely hit you....same goes with the spawns.  Just make sure you bring those ammo things in your inventory as leaving that area is certain death since eventually, all the spawns spawn around the platfom.

I normally play with pugs and I fight normally then.  Just way to big a PITA solo so I just use that cheat/trick.

I have been doing a lot of the Tiger Strikes (lvl 24 strikes) just for Vanguard Marks and reputation. i have 98 marks trying to get 150 for the scout rifle.

Still need a lot of Ascendant Shards before I can upgrade my legendaries :(

Shards and energy...sucks getting them to upgrade armor/weapons.   You get so little.  That and you can only gain 100 marks a week...which that limitation is dumb.  I found a legendary pulse rifle I am using right now and got a legendary shotgun, fusion rifle, and rocket launcher.  So right now I have roughly 50 vanguard points and need 120 to get my legendary helmet...which is hte last piece of legendary armor I need.

I got like 2 legendary helmets for a titan and a cape for another class as well.  Sucks I cannot use them since I am a warlock.

I got my sun signer skills maxed and working on void walker.  Sun singer is great when playing with a group since you can res yourself if you die.  Saved the team a few times

Yea, was the Archon priest.  I soloed it.  Wasnt to bad.  There is a place you can hide on the far side of the map under the platform.  Can shoot the priest all day long and he can rarely hit you....same goes with the spawns.  Just make sure you bring those ammo things in your inventory as leaving that area is certain death since eventually, all the spawns spawn around the platfom.

I normally play with pugs and I fight normally then.  Just way to big a PITA solo so I just use that cheat/trick.

Problem was I was a level 24 at the time, so damage is reduced and hits hurt bad! We found that the place you come in you can jump back up to a ledge and it's a complete bottleneck and most of the time they don't come down. I found a high ledge and would take out the smaller guys from a distance while the other two took out the bigger things that came forward.

There is no way I could have solo'ed that at my level. I've managed to get to 25 now but I'm being held back by a lack of Ascendant Shards :(

Problem was I was a level 24 at the time, so damage is reduced and hits hurt bad! We found that the place you come in you can jump back up to a ledge and it's a complete bottleneck and most of the time they don't come down. I found a high ledge and would take out the smaller guys from a distance while the other two took out the bigger things that came forward.

There is no way I could have solo'ed that at my level. I've managed to get to 25 now but I'm being held back by a lack of Ascendant Shards :(

I am level 26.5 now.  I was almost 27 but the gloves I was using were found and didnt have the correct attributes.  So I bought new ones which bumped down my level.  Been farming for helium, relic iron, and spin metal to upgrade my armor and weapons so that isnt a problem.  In 30 min, I can have 50 of whatever depending on what I am farming for. 

And where I hid under that platform, piece of cake.  I got hit a few times but I could get body and headshots on the priest.  I didnt bother killing any of the spawn unless they were in the way.  And those damn drones are annoying.

I am level 26.5 now.  I was almost 27 but the gloves I was using were found and didnt have the correct attributes.  So I bought new ones which bumped down my level.  Been farming for helium, relic iron, and spin metal to upgrade my armor and weapons so that isnt a problem.  In 30 min, I can have 50 of whatever depending on what I am farming for. 

And where I hid under that platform, piece of cake.  I got hit a few times but I could get body and headshots on the priest.  I didnt bother killing any of the spawn unless they were in the way.  And those damn drones are annoying.

Helium, Spin Metal etc aren't really a problem as you say, its the Ascendant Shards that are holding me back.

Helium, Spin Metal etc aren't really a problem as you say, its the Ascendant Shards that are holding me back.

What is the best way to get things like Spin Metal, Helium etc. just wander around the maps in Patrol collecting it.  Or completing Patrol missions for the rewards?

What is the best way to get things like Spin Metal, Helium etc. just wander around the maps in Patrol collecting it.  Or completing Patrol missions for the rewards?

Look at youtube...videos....

Helium...right at the start on patrol on the moon.  Do a loop, raid chests, pickup helium drops.

Relic iron....mars.  Spot where you do a loop and raid chests.  Each loop is a few minutes and you can get 4-5 chests.

Spin Metal....farm the caves/chests/drops in the old plan graveyard.  Again, you keep doing a loop.

Videos on YouTube show exactly what needs to be done.  Was farming helium and got 50 in 30min or so.

By the time you complete one loop when farming, the areas at the beginning of the farm would have respawned.  Chests normally do not respawn in the same spot so it is important to check the areas anyway. 

If have 17 Strange Coins on you, you should see Xur this weekend. He's selling the Ice Breaker, one of the best (if not THE best) snipers in the game. Should make next weeks Nightfall easier (especially if they use Solar Burn). 

Shards and energy...sucks getting them to upgrade armor/weapons.   You get so little.  That and you can only gain 100 marks a week...which that limitation is dumb.  I found a legendary pulse rifle I am using right now and got a legendary shotgun, fusion rifle, and rocket launcher.  So right now I have roughly 50 vanguard points and need 120 to get my legendary helmet...which is hte last piece of legendary armor I need.

I got like 2 legendary helmets for a titan and a cape for another class as well.  Sucks I cannot use them since I am a warlock.

I got my sun signer skills maxed and working on void walker.  Sun singer is great when playing with a group since you can res yourself if you die.  Saved the team a few times

This so much. I'm one light point away from 28, but I can't upgrade anything because of a lack of shards.  I'm actually considering using some of my vanguard points to buy some armor, just to break it down for the shards.

If have 17 Strange Coins on you, you should see Xur this weekend. He's selling the Ice Breaker, one of the best (if not THE best) snipers in the game. Should make next weeks Nightfall easier (especially if they use Solar Burn). 

This so much. I'm one light point away from 28, but I can't upgrade anything because of a lack of shards.  I'm actually considering using some of my vanguard points to buy some armor, just to break it down for the shards.

Yea, I have sold armor I found on my warlock for a class I dont have.  So been thinking of salvaging that.  Probably wont get much shards out of it tho but at least it is something.  Sucks is you can only get 100 vanguard points a week so buying legendary armor for the shards, wont help to much,