Have you gotten the update yet? I got the same error before until I updated.

i been getting more connection drops since this last update that removed the loot spawn & queens gear

So I'm level 22 now. I'm actually enjoying the "light" thing more than I thought I would. 

I actually got my first legendary last night; from a blue engram. The Cryptarch giveth and the Cryptarch taketh away. It's a class armor, so it's fairly useless. My arm is on fire now though, so that's pretty neat :D

I've noticed this happening more often now, whenever I open the character screen to switch weapons, it takes a few seconds for everything to load. Has anyone else had this? It's extremely annoying when I'm in battle and I try to use one of the ammo regenerators (forgot the name).

Doing a long difficult mission and killing the boss only to have to rely on the random chance I might get something as a "reward" afterward? No, bosses should ALWAYS drop at least one thing, doesn't even matter if it's good or not. I'm never satisfied at the end of a big fight because it never feels like I'm being rewarded for my troubles. 

Yes.. that's why you have Daily Missions on hard difficulty, weekly strike missions and Raid. You also have public events that will reward you ascendant shards or ascendant energy you need to upgrade.

These missions and strikes will not only give you better loot or legendary weapons but they will also give you vanguard reputation that goes towards your vanguard rank so you can buy legendary stuff as well.

If you find that vanguard bounties are boring to you, you can join one of the factions and play crucible to level the rank up to 3 when you will be able to buy legendary items as well. You have Dead Orbit, New Monarchy, Future War Cult.

People make mistake by constantly relying on engrams to get their stuff. Engrams are pure luck as you have said it.. and that's fine. The upside of engrams is that every time you upgrade the cryptarch you will get usually some legendary engrams and rewards from Cryptarch in the postmaster. This is where I got my exotic Suros Rifle.

Of course, you can always wait until Friday and use your motes of light and strange coins to buy exotic stuff he sells as well.

In addition, Bungie introduced Queen's bounties now that give you missions that will give you legendary items for your class when you complete. 

So you have plenty of ways of getting good stuff, don't rely just on engrams.

Meanwhile, in the Crucible, even players that come in last because they haven't found legendary auto rifles yet (my other biggest complaint) can be rewarded with legendary or epic engrams for their (lack of) contributions in a ten or so minute match, even if they join with a couple minutes left. Also, if I had a dollar for every rare engram that turned into a green item or a strange coin, I'd be able to retire right now. But has it ever gone the other way for me and given me a rarity higher? Nope. In fact, my very first dropped legendary engram (primary weapon, was so excited) I got yesterday during a mission turned into a strange coin (that's right, got my first dropped legendary engram at level 26 after 2.5 weeks)...

That's the problem as I stated again.. you shouldn't have relied on engrams alone to get legendary stuff. You can buy stuff too.. so have a strategy to do strange coin missions (daily, weekly, crucible) and you can get a bunch of strange coins really quickly. The more challenging difficulty you pick for daily and weekly missions the bigger the reward for you. I play now daily and weekly missions on level 28 and I get basically 9 strange coins on completion. Plus you get a bunch of vanguard reputation.

Also, Weekly Nightfall will give you GREAT stuff.. if not a bunch of Ascendant materials, it will give you legendary items.. in addition to all this, you get 500 vanguard reputation plus vanguard marks plus for the remainder of the week you will have a boost in XP and vanguard marks and reputation so you will get more for bounties and you will get more motes of light because of higher XP you are generating.

Btw, if you are having "issues" with getting good stuff and leveling up when you are level 26, wait until you get to level 29. The only way I can reach 30 is to get Raid Gear and you get that by luck from Raids. During the Raid, there are 3 chests (2 will most likely give you ascendant materials and the last one might give you a piece of raid gear and of course you do have a reward in the end that might also be raid gear or ascendant materials). In order to reach 30 you need to have 1 exotic item, and all other items need to be raid gear and then you have to upgrade them all. 

But that's ok really.. If i want to be a bad ass I gotta put in the work. But there is a good strategy there as well.. What I'm doing now is I'm leveling my other hunter character to 20 so I can do twice the daily missions/weekly missions and raids so I get twice the chance of getting good stuff.

To be honest, Raid is not that hard now for me. We go through it in about an hour and fifteen minutes so it's not hard to do it and see if you can get good gear.

in other words, keep grinding the same mission you've already done, but with slightly more health on the enemies and weapons that do more damage to you and after you've grinding this untill your hair goes gray you can buy slightly better stuff so you can grind some more. 

This doesn't work on MMORPGs where you have far more progress on each mission and where the missions are far more varied and itnerestign to do that the cookie cutter Destiny missions where every missions is the same with slightly different environments and different skin enemies with the weak spot slightly moved... 

• Like 2

Yes, I know all that. I never mentioned I was relying solely on engrams to give me stuff. My Cryptarch is level 4 already and his little rewards so far have yet to result in a legendary, again, they're mostly blues that turn into greens and strange coins. I've already got my two pieces of armor from the Queen's missions, several times over in fact, and both are maxed out. I'm also already level 1 in the New Monarchy faction. The problem is, the grind to increase these levels is not fun, it's just frustrating for all the reasons I already listed.

Yes, I know all that. I never mentioned I was relying solely on engrams to give me stuff. My Cryptarch is level 4 already and his little rewards so far have yet to result in a legendary, again, they're mostly blues that turn into greens and strange coins. I've already got my two pieces of armor from the Queen's missions, several times over in fact, and both are maxed out. I'm also already level 1 in the New Monarchy faction. The problem is, the grind to increase these levels is not fun, it's just frustrating for all the reasons I already listed.

And that's the problem with Destiny(well one of them) too little progress on each mission, too much grind, and no variety in the missions. 

Had there been a sense of accomplishment and progress and a bit of variety, it could have been fun to level past 20, or rather past the "story", as it is... it's not...

Upcoming patch (so the whiners can get easier stuff)

The 1.0.2 patch will go live next week, and includes several changes to the Cryptarch and Engram experience.  These changes guarantee that Engrams will always decode into items at or above the quality of an engram.

Only Engrams that drop after 1.0.2 are subject to this change.

Cryptarch Changes?
Cayde-6 took the Cryptarch aside and showed him a sack of doorknobs. He decoded that mystery pretty quickly.
Legendary Engrams will always produce Legendary or better quality items, including Materials or Exotics
Rare Engrams will always produce Rare or better quality items
Rare engrams will have an increased chance to produce Legendary quality items

Activity Changes
Daily Heroics, Weekly Heroics, and Vanguard: Tiger Playlist activities will include Rare and Legendary Engrams in addition to their existing rewards

Item Changes
Ascendant materials have been promoted to Legendary to closer associate them with the gear they are used to upgrade
Legendary Engram items that exist in your inventory will be demoted to Rare quality when the patch goes live, so decode them while you can. But let?s be honest--even if you don?t, we all know they were blues already...

Well that's a small step in the right direction. Unfortunately, at the rate I'm going I will be unlikely to find another legendary or higher engram before I give this up for Borderlands.

But why am I complaining? I'm supposed to just buy all my legendary and epic gear through hours upon hours of mundane missions, right? 

Xur, Destiny?s mysterious exotic item vendor, has returned again this weekend, just as he has (and will continue to do) every Friday since Destiny debuted. And the reclusive Agent of the Nine has a whole new batch of goodies for any customer stopping by his shop between now and Sunday morning.

This week, Xur can be found in the Tower Hangar, in the same downstairs lounge area where players can find the Dead Orbit vendor. After spawning at the Tower, head up the stairs to your right and make your way down the hall until you reach the Tower Hangar. Once there, keep left and keep heading downstairs until you reach the lounge area. You should be able to spot Xur, and/or a crowd of other Destiny players, standing at the very back of the room.

I must be doing something wrong as I do the daily heroic and weeklies and they don't give me anything. The only way I've ever gotten anything was from the vanguard grind

I must be doing something wrong as I do the daily heroic and weeklies and they don't give me anything. The only way I've ever gotten anything was from the vanguard grind

i have done strikes & got a few

I tell you what. After playing Destiny quite a bit. It makes me more excited to play Borderlands The Pre-sequel.

Even jumped back into Borderlands 2.

There just isn't enough endgame or distractions in this game.

Is the Knucklehead Radar helmet worth getting or should I save my coins for next weekend?

It's worth it because it allows you to see the radar while aiming any primary weapon.. For crucible and some missions it's super important. 

I would say go for it.  I got it by finishing weekly nightfall but if you have the coins go for it.

Although, the best thing Xur has this week is the Suros Regime.

For crucible and some missions it's super important. 

oh but I thought there was no advantage to being higher level and having grinded for days on end on the crucible

for missions, not really super important, in fact I'd say it's not really important at all. 

I'm lvl 26 Warlock with three Legendaries. Helm, Gauntlets and Boots. Bit of upgrading was needed and I have a rare chest piece. 

Nearly finished the raid with a team of 6. On the last boss Atheon. Two lvl 26, three lvl 27, one lvl 28. 

Character Link

I had the chance to play the game a fair bit this weekend and decided it's not for me. It's like an mmo version of halo and I never liked halo.

The game felt as far removed from halo as possible... And that was a negative to me. It felt like Bungie ignored all the experience they had with making compelling game and threw it out. I mean it's certainly polished, but polish didn't make games great. I've felt little reason to continue playing destiny... nothing in the game drives me to do so other than unlocking a power or getting a better gun (and that to me is poor reason to play)