Correct.

I feel people are not getting how this game needs to be played.

You mean grind for day while getting yoru face smashed in untill you get gear good enough to be competitive with them so you can smash in the face of other lvl 20-24's  untill they finally get good enough gear.

that's o much fun...

Not sure if this has been posted here and if it has I apologize.  There was a recent AMA with a Bungie employee about the development and changes made prior to the release of Destiny.  Here's a snippet of the AMA:

I can confirm that there were sudden and abrupt changes in the development of Destiny less than a year ago. There was tension between higher ups the entire time we were developing the title due to a lack of cohesion about the vision for the game. One side wanted this huge space epic, like an MMO Mass Effect and the other side was not convinced that would sell and wanted to pare things back to more "easily accessible" standards. They were afraid too much story elements and cut scenes would drive players off.

Then Joe left and everything just fell apart. By the time we were 7 months out to release, word came down that we were making massive revisions to the game's story. Huge portions of dialogue were excised and I think several recordings were redone to support the new narrative. Entire areas that would have been in the final game were removed, but some of the context wasn't, which explains weird reactions from NPCs and strange, unexplained motivations. We had a guy come in to write the grimoire cards who was given access to the original script with notations on what was cut and what needed to be revised in order to make this zombie of a game seem plausible.
All of the Last City factions had their storylines and dialogue cut, the Guardian's initial introduction to the Tower and the Last City was cut, and ALL the origins were homogenized down to the one originally used for Exo characters.
Most of what was cut was planned to be re-polished into DLC, but it's all there on the disc. Not all of it is live on the servers, but it's all there on the disc. Some last minute art assets needed to be remade, which is what you'll be downloading.
It's an embarrassing disaster and not the game I thought would be published.

The rest of the AMA can be read here: http://www.bungie.net/sr/Forum/Post/70895980/0/0

EDIT: Can't confirm the validity of the content so take it with a grain of salt.

Not sure if this has been posted here and if it has I apologize.  There was a recent AMA with a Bungie employee about the development and changes made prior to the release of Destiny.  Here's a snippet of the AMA:

The rest of the AMA can be read here: http://www.bungie.net/sr/Forum/Post/70895980/0/0

EDIT: Can't confirm the validity of the content so take it with a grain of salt.

As fun as that sounds, the original reddit post has a note with a link to Bungie claiming it's false, and the fact that the guy wouldn't give proof to the reddit mods that he was related to Bungie somehow, so it's probably fake.

Do bounties, level up you vanguard rank to 2 and you can buy the boots.

You can get 3 ascendant materials a day. You will get one from your first public event gold, one or two from playing a daily heroic mission on 24 or 28 Lev.

You can also get 12+ ascendant materials by completing the raid and getting loot from chests inside.

Just boring dude.  I just got a epic weapon bounty but no way I am going to be able to achive everything to get the weapon

Just boring dude.  I just got a epic weapon bounty but no way I am going to be able to achive everything to get the weapon

I have I believe 5 or 6 exotic weapons and I did 3 bounties for some of them.. it wasn't really that boring.. the only thing that was slightly annoying was waiting for Xur to come if you do bounties at the beginning of the week.

I mainly only play COD or Battlefield games, have been since COD4 came out. But, all my friends recommended this game and I must say, I played all day basically. It's fun, reminds me of WoW, COD (just alittle) and Halo.

Will never understand why people who don't like a game will try to ruin it for everyone who does.  This thread has been filled with nothing but whining and hate for the game.

Such silliness. 

Every time I visit this thread there's almost nothing but negativity and zero posts about the game and actually tips or people getting together who do play it and like it.

Because we payed for the game as well, and we'd like to see it become a good game and not just a stupid unbalanced shooter.

this is why shooters should NEVER be mixed with RPG itemization. it's a bad idea overall.  

Because we payed for the game as well, and we'd like to see it become a good game and not just a stupid unbalanced shooter.

this is why shooters should NEVER be mixed with RPG itemization. it's a bad idea overall.  

That's your personal opinion.. you don't have to try actively to ruin it for everyone else.. there are people who love the game including myself. If you are unhappy try to get your money back, complain directly to Bungie and not try to ruin everyone else's experience with the game with hate.

Here's a hint, if you bought your game you can go to Gamestop or similar and trade it in.. you'll get 20-30 bucks back for sure. So playing a game like Destiny for $30-ish is a pretty damn good deal anyway you look at it.

And the game is pretty much what was promised.. there were plenty of videos and it was clear it would have been Halo type of shooter game play with RPG/MMO elements.. if you felt iffy about it you should have waited for the reviews and then bought it. Not to mention that you had the opportunity to play the beta as well.

Will never understand why people who don't like a game will try to ruin it for everyone who does.  This thread has been filled with nothing but whining and hate for the game.

Such silliness. 

Every time I visit this thread there's almost nothing but negativity and zero posts about the game and actually tips or people getting together who do play it and like it.

There is plenty of tips online.  Most of them require a god awful amount of grinding to get get items, or to get materials to upgrade what you have.  This game has flaws and lots of issues.  People here are not the only ones complaining about it. Lots all over are and there is a reason for it...the game does not come close to the hype.  And done get me start on how repetitive the game is.

We've been trying to explain it to you for 48 pages, and you just don't get it, I could keep explaining it to you but it doesn't seem like it would do much good.

At at this point in time, the people who bought it and think it's great and can't be much better is a very small minority. So maybe we should tell you to stop ruining it for everyone else by not wanting them to improve it. 

Keep RPG itemization to the single player game, keep the multiplayer fair and balanced, and tell the story in the game. 

We've been trying to explain it to you for 48 pages, and you just don't get it, I could keep explaining it to you but it doesn't seem like it would do much good.

At at this point in time, the people who bought it and think it's great and can't be much better is a very small minority. So maybe we should tell you to stop ruining it for everyone else by not wanting them to improve it. 

Keep RPG itemization to the single player game, keep the multiplayer fair and balanced, and tell the story in the game. 

Exactly.  Do the amount of hype this game generated, its a pretty ###### poor excuse for a game.

You don't have to explain anything to me.. I like the game quite a lot.. so you trying to explain to me your dislikes of the game is pointless not to mention that you haven't even probably played the game enough to actually enjoy things that it offers.. I've been playing the game nonstop and I'm an inch away from level 30. I've done everything in the game and grinded but that's fine. I've created 3 characters and leveled them up.

There's plenty of things to do and yes in an MMO-like game there will always be grinding if you want to get something nicer. I know the game inside and out and have done everything in it, maybe more than anyone who is constantly finding issues with it.  Is the game perfect.. absolutely not.. it definitely needs more content that's coming.. the game has been out for 4 weeks or so and new content IS coming..

From all the leaks and reports there will be more raids, strikes, missions etc.. the story will go deeper and deal with other things plus there will be fairly big DLCs one coming in December that will expand even more and they will raise the levels for sure.

You don't like the game.. I get it.. I don't see the point of harping on and on about it.. just move on instead of trying to convince everyone else it sucks.

The thread has been polluted by whining and crying and people who like the game can't even put 2 cents without folks like you who will argue for pages how they are wrong for liking it and that it sucks. 

You don't like the game.. I get it.. I don't see the point of harping on and on about it.. just move on instead of trying to convince everyone else it sucks.

So a search for Destiny Sucks.  I believe Bungie has done a good job of convincing the masses that it does indeed suck.  Yes, some people do enjoy it but then again, some people enjoy getting kicked in the groin as well.

You like it great, but people can voice their opinions on not liking it the same way you voice yours on liking it.  And frankly, I like it when people say the stuff that sucks about the game in reviews or threads like this.  Saved me from paying full retail for a lot of games that just didnt cut it.

Only way Bungie can salvage this game is via DLCs and other game updates. 

You like it great, but people can voice their opinions on not liking it the same way you voice yours on liking it.  

Well yes.. voicing an opinion is fine.. you can say you don't like it and that's fine.. I've come to this page multiple times and it's mostly the same people going on and on how much they hate it and how much it sucks.

I want to come to this page talking about Destiny and actually engage with people who do like it as well.. not see 100 posts about how much it sucks.

I think by now it's clear that some people don't like it.. and that's fine.. if you feel like you saved money that's awesome.. but trying to convince other folks who like it that it sucks is silly not to mention that it alienates everyone else who does like it from posting in the thread.

You are more than welcome to express your opinion. Express it and move on. There are plenty of games out there that people can play who don't like destiny. It's really simple as that.

And honestly, for $60 I think I've gotten A BLAST from this game. Countless hours of fun with folks I play with. Raid is awesome and crucible is solid too. The amount of content is maybe not what people expected but again for launch and $60 there's plenty of things to do. 20 something missions, several strikes with bosses, side activities and patrols with public events, raid stuff, multiplayer..The game is fairly polished as well and they are addressing bugs and imbalances with new patches with great support.

Not to mention the rollout plan for content they have in plan will only make this game better. Story is just the beginning.. Yes, it was a bit vague but I think it's fair to say that it's just the prologue to the whole universe story and the story of traveler and the darkness (good vs evil fight type of story). 

I think people's expectations are going through the roof for the $60 and thus are somehow getting disappointed for not having a game with gazillion missions and strikes and bosses. 

Games like Call of Duty or other games dealing with single player only, come out with barely a few maps in the start and have 6 hour campaigns, yet they are praised. It's boinkers.

You don't have to explain anything to me.. I like the game quite a lot.. so you trying to explain to me your dislikes of the game is pointless not to mention that you haven't even probably played the game enough to actually enjoy things that it offers.. I've been playing the game nonstop and I'm an inch away from level 30. I've done everything in the game and grinded but that's fine. I've created 3 characters and leveled them up.

I don't really ? you where the one who said I couldn't complain about the game I paid for that I have every much as right to complain about as you have to like it.

And seriously I haven't played it enough to enjoy it ? I've played the story and my share of boring endless repetitive bounties and unbalanced PVP. to know that the base game is broken at it's core.

Even the elite weapons in COD and BF4 doesn't ive a fraction of the advantage a single piece of higher level item does in this game. 

Because I think the game has potential, I think the story COULD be great if they bothered to tell it. because I've invested in it, and I want them to improve it and make it great. 

seems more useful then going on and on about how great a game is anyway.

And honestly, for $60 I think I've gotten A BLAST from this game. Countless hours of fun with folks I play with. Raid is awesome and crucible is solid too. The amount of content is maybe not what people expected but again for launch and $60 there's plenty of things to do. 

I'm sure you think crucible is great fun, you've been grinding so much you've been among the highest level players all the time. it's great fun when everyone else dies so much easier, I'm sure. personally I don't like unbalanced games whether I'm the one on top or bottom.  heck even without a job I don't have time to grind as much as you do...

Well yes.. voicing an opinion is fine.. you can say you don't like it and that's fine.. I've come to this page multiple times and it's mostly the same people going on and on how much they hate it and how much it sucks.

I want to come to this page talking about Destiny and actually engage with people who do like it as well.. not see 100 posts about how much it sucks.

I think by now it's clear that some people don't like it.. and that's fine.. if you feel like you saved money that's awesome.. but trying to convince other folks who like it that it sucks is silly not to mention that it alienates everyone else who does like it from posting in the thread.

You are more than welcome to express your opinion. Express it and move on. There are plenty of games out there that people can play who don't like destiny. It's really simple as that.

And honestly, for $60 I think I've gotten A BLAST from this game. Countless hours of fun with folks I play with. Raid is awesome and crucible is solid too. The amount of content is maybe not what people expected but again for launch and $60 there's plenty of things to do. 20 something missions, several strikes with bosses, side activities and patrols with public events, raid stuff, multiplayer..The game is fairly polished as well and they are addressing bugs and imbalances with new patches with great support.

I think people's expectations are going through the roof for the $60. 

If no one complained and made a fuss about things like this, then nothing will change.  Look at Windows 8 as a great example about voicing your frustrations causes changes for the better.

If no one complained and made a fuss about things like this, then nothing will change.  Look at Windows 8 as a great example about voicing your frustrations causes changes for the better.

The point is that you can make your case and move on. Some people have the tendincy to argue with any positive comment about the game ad-nauseam. Not to mention that Destiny is NOT really a bad game. Reviews are stupid because the addictions of destiny is in the prolonged playing when you start getting good stuff.. not just running through a campaign and then saying how it sucks.

I can guarantee you that NO REVIEW played this game for 2-3 weeks leveling up and getting the good stuff before they put out the review. They all ran through the campaign 9-10 hours at the fastest and then based their opinion purely on that.

It's stupid.

Destiny is not a perfect game.. There is no such thing and any issues people find could be addressed and is being addressed by Bungie. The game will ONLY get better. More story, more missions, strikes, more crucible modes, more raids etc etc..

This is just a beginning and Destiny is a pretty unique game by itself. Even if it's just a beginning the game gives TONS of content. This game only gets better as you play it with friends. 

So I completely disagree with anyone saying how it sucks and that they haven't provided enough with the initial release. I think they gave TONS of stuff for $60 and the game is FAR from bad people are making it out to be.

of course no review played the game for 2-3 weeks. only a tiny fraction of the buyers bothered to play it more than a week. 

that's why it got a lot score. it doesn't have the lastability, it's just a repetitive grind, you do NOT get a good score for repetitive grinds. 

The point isn't that peopel haven't played the game for 2-3 weeks, the problem is that people don't want to play it for more than even a week. 

Games should be fun right away and stay fun, they shouldn't require you to play for 2 hours to get to the fun, and they certainly shouldn't require several weeks. of course this game doesn't get more fun after several weeks, it just gets more boring because you're still doing the same thing. 

Either you're dying in PVP or your grinding boring repetitive crap so you can get gear to be competitive in PVP which should be balanced from the get go, certainly from you finish the story. you shouldn't need to grind to enjoy PVP, that's a basic tenant of game design.  

to me one of the problem i see with all the complaints is people dont seem to get the whole mmo sorta style.   Look at warcraft i mean you get to level 90 or whatever and you will still get pwned by 90% of the other level 90s that have spent countless days grinding out dungeons for legendary gear.  Its how almost all mmo types are.  You hit max which is only the beginning of the real grind which is getting all the awesome gear that makes you 10 times as strong.  I myself am a big fan of mmos and a big fan of destiny.    Also just like mmos there is a TON of room to grow and it will but its only been like a month?    It just seems like people expected a new Halo and not a mmo style game

Complaining is fine but i mean seriously if feeling like your complaints are making a difference is your goal you might want to be posting on the official destiny forum that bungie actually reads.  Posting them multiple times here is only trying to prove your right and not doing anything to help improve the game. 

of course no review played the game for 2-3 weeks. only a tiny fraction of the buyers bothered to play it more than a week. 

Yes.. they didn't do their job.. they did the "Call of Duty" review approach which is ridiculous. Not to mention that they had a beta to play as well.

And only a tiny fraction of the buyers bothered to play it for more than a week is such a hyperbole.. Listen.. you think that what YOU think is what it is.. it's not.. there are millions of players playing destiny.. so your "destiny sucks" and "it's a failure" is ridiculous.

Just go play something else please your opinions are well noted here over the hundreds of posts. Shadow of Mordor is out and there are other games. I'm pretty sure you'll find something there to hate as well but i think you'll feel much better by not wasting energy telling everyone who likes Destiny how much it sucks.