Man of Steel sequel to feature Batman (and others) (2016)

^His whole face doesn't look like a proper Batman/Bruce Wayne if you ask me. He has the looks for a Nightwing but that's about it. And true that, he was good as Ozymandias

I'm sorry but I'm just not that big into the comic books to really read back into how it WAS, not how it really should be based on reality of sorts the current movies are made around.

It just does not make sense to make a movie where they are not working together against a big foe.

I'm sorry but I'm just not that big into the comic books to really read back into how it WAS, not how it really should be based on reality of sorts the current movies are made around.

It just does not make sense to make a movie where they are not working together against a big foe.

That's why we're telling you that it has been done before and that with that story it did make sense :) You only see the strength of Superman against a human and not Batman his strength against against a kryptonian. Granted, Superman is way stronger than Batman in muscle power. But Batman is worlds greatest strategist so he has several tricks up his sleeve to beat Superman. Put all of that back into the reality that they're trying to create in these movies, and it suddenly all makes sense. In hindsight, Frank Miller wrote his story perfectly for such an adaptation to be honest.

That's actually pretty much the reason why this whole idea doesn't make sense to you. Simple because you haven't read the comic books. There's nothing wrong with that of course, but you'll see that it'll make sense when they're both fighting against each other.

or maybe John Hamm? Hmm. 

I wanted him as Cap and was sad when he never got it but I can see him as an older Bats

I recently read that there's nothing set into stone yet rather Bruce is going to be old or not. Not sure where I read it but I read it this week. It's basically a speculation because of the news that Snyder is in talks with Frank Miller.

So no idea what to currently believe, lol.

I recently read that there's nothing set into stone yet rather Bruce is going to be old or not. Not sure where I read it but I read it this week. It's basically a speculation because of the news that Snyder is in talks with Frank Miller.

So no idea what to currently believe, lol.

Well at this early stage i'd take anything with a HUGEE pinch of salt (love oxymorons :P).

^Haha, same here :p It's fun to speculate though. Going for an older one would be something new for the Batman films. But it wouldn't make sense with how young Superman still is. So in that respect I'd rather see a young Batman again so that it at least makes sense.

I honestly think that they're not going to go with an older batman.  Using aspects of the Miller novel in the MoS2 movie is one thing but I really don't see them doing an older bats and a fresh new superman.  Maybe if bats and sups are both a few years into it then it works.  Besides, how much time is going to pass between MoS and MoS2?  We talking 1 year? 2? 5?  Once we know that we'll have a better idea of what they plan to do IMO.

What I'm thinking though is that in "The Dark Knight Returns" they both had a past with each other, they've been friends even. Having them fight each other in the end had so much more meaning because of all of that. If they'd have them fight each other just like that in this film, they'd just be doing that to have a Superman vs. Batman film.

Just like someone else said earlier; I think that at first they'll be rivals of each other because they don't know each other yet. Kinda like in the new "Batman/Superman" comics, or like in the New 52 Justice League origin. Maybe halfway through the film they'll be fighting the same vilain and they'll both see how similar they are which could be used as a setup for the Justice League films.

Of course it sounds too easy for such a film so they'll definitely come up with something completely different, but still...

Edit: I just checked out their first meet-up from the Justice League animated series, that would be a pretty neat idea too. But that would mean their villain would be the Joker. And that would be rather repetitive for the movies. Maybe they could introduce Hush into the movie-verse. I thought doctor Hurt but that would be weird since there's no connection between him and Superman. I guess the same goes for Hush though because that would make the movie more about Batman than the both of them.

That means that it's fact that they're going for an older Bruce. Odd Comic Book Resources said something different earlier this week. Interesting choice though. He looks great for a Batman version of "The Dark Knight Returns" but I still find the age difference between Superman and Batman odd.

That means that it's fact that they're going for an older Bruce. Odd Comic Book Resources said something different earlier this week. Interesting choice though. He looks great for a Batman version of "The Dark Knight Returns" but I still find the age difference between Superman and Batman odd.

Agree, though it's easy to pull off, superman ages slower :P

He was great as the Comedian so I can see it

Agree, though it's easy to pull off, superman ages slower :p

That's true. But it'll still be weird, haha. That also means that Batman is already at least 10 years into his career during Man of Steel.

He was great as the Comedian so I can see it

True that! I can see him pulling off an older Bruce Wayne. I wonder what his suit will look like though.

What I'm thinking though is that in "The Dark Knight Returns" they both had a past with each other, they've been friends even. Having them fight each other in the end had so much more meaning because of all of that. If they'd have them fight each other just like that in this film, they'd just be doing that to have a Superman vs. Superman film.

Exactly, there's so much backstory there. Though I think you meant to write Superman vs. Batman there.

All of this seems just so rushed because Warner wants a piece of the "cinematic universe" cake, even though as TDK shows, they can be very successful if they just make good movies on their own.

I won't believe it until I see it, I still think the end goal for WB is to do a JL movie, how can you have a old batman in MoS2 and then have an even older batman in a later JL movie?  

Well, of course that's their goal because they had already announced it for 2017 or something like that. But we'll see what they're going to do. I agree though that it'll be weird to have an old Batman in the Justice League

Exactly, there's so much backstory there. Though I think you meant to write Superman vs. Batman there.

All of this seems just so rushed because Warner wants a piece of the "cinematic universe" cake, even though as TDK shows, they can be very successful if they just make good movies on their own.

Fixed it, haha. I typed "Batman vs. Superman" first so I wanted to fix that, only to screw it up even more :p And yeah, I believe they should go with a similar way as how the meet-up with Batman and Superman in the Justice League animated series went. And perhaps have a movie adaptation of "The Dark Knight Returns" after the last Justice League movie. We can speculate all we want though, nothing is fact until they're officially announce the actor + synopsis of the movie.

Either way, I'm still looking foward to what they'll come up with!

I won't believe it until I see it, I still think the end goal for WB is to do a JL movie, how can you have a old batman in MoS2 and then have an even older batman in a later JL movie?

You would think their ultimate end game is older batman, current superman in the team

You would think their ultimate end game is older batman, current superman in the team

There's older batman, 30s and then there's really old batman, 40s or close to 50.   30s I can live with tbh.

There's older batman, 30s and then there's really old batman, 40s or close to 50.   30s I can live with tbh.

He's 55 in "The Dark Knight Returns" :p