The Flash

This box set I'm DEFINITELY getting (Y)

I don't need to wait for the box set. I've been following the show through an Xbox Video Season Pass - I've already rewatched the first half of the season once, and I'll rewatch the whole thing over the summer. :woot:

For me this is easily the best show I have watched on the CW. Tops smallville for sure lol. The finale was awesome. 

Still want to know, during that fight scene before Barrys mother was killed, did future Barry know that present day Barry was going to be standing at the door to tell him not to save her? 

For me this is easily the best show I have watched on the CW. Tops smallville for sure lol. The finale was awesome. 

Still want to know, during that fight scene before Barrys mother was killed, did future Barry know that present day Barry was going to be standing at the door to tell him not to save her? 

Quite possibly, now that Barry didn't technically change the timeline, eventually one day he'll end up going back in time with the Reverse Flash to save his younger self and tell "mid-20s" Barry not to alter the timeline.

I hope they don't start adding more speedstrs to this show. t's just going to get polluted with a bunch of bad shows and bad writing if it goes down that path.

I hope they don't start adding more speedstrs to this show. t's just going to get polluted with a bunch of bad shows and bad writing if it goes down that path.

Some have to come in; Jay Carri:ck (WW-2 Flash) seems a lock; Wally West and/or Bart Allen have been mentioned by the producers; Max Mercury, Jesse Chambers, Iris "Irey" West II.

AKA "The Flash Family."

Great finale, a few scenes dragged on but overall very good :D This show is much better than arrow season 3 imo and what a way to end it, can't wait for season 2.

And yeah, I hope they don't go into the time travel stuff too much, if it isn't done right, it can completely ruin films/tv shows :(

Why did Well get so angry when he finds out Barry didn't save his mother? Wells is from another parallel universe in which Eddie didn't die, so why did the death of Eddie in this universe affect the existence of Wells?

Why did Well get so angry when he finds out Barry didn't save his mother? Wells is from another parallel universe in which Eddie didn't die, so why did the death of Eddie in this universe affect the existence of Wells?

cause it's really badly written

sorry let me elaborate....

the question is an exercise in futility because the writers are so dumb we can't lower our intellectual thought to that level :p

I really dislike this program since the first time travel episode ....

When did they say Wells from a parallel universe?

Eddie was Wells' (Eobard Thawne's) father. So when Eddie died, because of Timey Wimey, he could never have fathered Eobard Thawne so he blinked out of existence. He's not from another parallel universe, just the future. Cisco's memories were from another timeline, not another universe.

He's not from another universe, just the future. A different future, which he has been trying to preserve so he can return to it. When Eddie took his own life, Eobard was erased from all possible futures, thus being erased from the fabric of space-time.

You guys don't sound like you're paying attention.

He's not from another universe, just the future. A different future, which he has been trying to preserve so he can return to it. When Eddie took his own life, Eobard was erased from all possible futures, thus being erased from the fabric of space-time.

>

UNLESS the causality violation causes the universe to restore Eobard and Eddie in some way. An averaging out of quantum probabilities perhaps.

When Eobard flashed out of existence, the future would have been changed too.  Eobard no longer goes back to the past to kill Barry when he was a child... thus would prevent Barry from becoming the Flash later in life since he does not create the STAR labs "accident"?

When Eobard flashed out of existence, the future would have been changed too.  Eobard no longer goes back to the past to kill Barry when he was a child... thus would prevent Barry from becoming the Flash later in life since he does not create the STAR labs "accident"?

This perplexes me too.  There should have been a massive reset of everything once Eobard flashes out of existence.

Not to mention that Star labs should have disappeared.

Not to mention that Star labs should have disappeared.

I think STAR Labs would still have existed as shown in a flashback of the actual Dr Wells' conversation with his wife over naming the lab.  The accident was caused by Eobard.

You all are really overthinking this.

Probably. But it wouldn't be fun otherwise!

You are missing the fact that the REASON the singularity opens is because Eobard got removed from existence and the time line is so messed up the singularity is removing this whole timeline out of existence which is why he said its to powerful for the flash to stop it.   

No idea how they are going to fix this though.  We know cisco is the vibe who can see vibrate through parallel universes and see everything and i believe he has some abilities to affect worm holes and the speed force.

Also from the trailer of Legends of Tomorrow or whatever its called it seems they are dealing with the singularity as well.

Unless I misunderstood something you guys are also missing the point where Eobard made the statement about how he stopped Barry from becoming the Flash by causing him the life trauma but then finding himself stuck, had to cause an accident to make him the Flash again. 

So regardless of HOW Barry became the Flash, he would always become him some way.

At the end of the day, its a super hero tv show - logic and fact are never the strongest of traits when it comes to this series. Enjoy the brainless super hero fun and stop digging too deeply.