The Flash

2 hours ago, Kaoxt said:

CBS owns CW.

Even though they own part of it along with WB, which made this easier to do no doubt, this is still a first, there hasn't been a crossover between two shows that are on different networks as far as I know. Specially when the only  thing they share is that the characters are part of the DC comics universe. Doing flash and arrow crossover episodes makes sense because not only are they on the same network but arrow kick started flash by introducing the lead character.

A character from Prison Break on FOX crossed over to Breakout Kings on A&E. And Constantine from NBC on Arrow. Although the former shows in those instances were cancelled at the time the crossover occurred.

2 hours ago, Zathras5 said:

A character from Prison Break on FOX crossed over to Breakout Kings on A&E. And Constantine from NBC on Arrow. Although the former shows in those instances were cancelled at the time the crossover occurred.

Since, as you said, the other shows were off the air at the time I don't count it as being the same, but either way I stand corrected.

• 1 month later...

The Zoom storyline is interesting, even if the gaps between new episodes are getting excessive.

Spoiler

However, I'm seriously hoping the man in the iron mask is Zolomon's twin brother, the real Jay Garrick /Flash. While it's kind of an interesting twist having Jay actually be Zoom, I really really don't like the idea of the original Flash being made into a bad guy. Hopefully Hunter is lying to discredit his rival.

And I was half expecting Wally to end up with Flash's stolen speed at the end of this episode! That match-up would be entirely appropriate, since Hunter Zolomon was Wally's Reverse Flash in the comics!

This whole episode was just meh, all kinds of meh.   I mean really, it's just more of the same, you have this plan laid out, you have the bad guy down, but do you finish the job and lock him up?  No, you sit there and chat it up, hey, I know, lets have some coffee and cookies to while we talk for 5 minutes so the bad guy can get away, yet again!   Because, you know, we need to fill up a few more episodes and drag this thing out into season 3!  FFFFFFFFFFF

Spoiler

The guy in the mask is the real J who, I bet, is his hunters brother, I just don't know if it's twin or half, the whole part with the mom at the start of the episode and why his dad was so mad and killed her, well, I figure while he was away at war, like he says, fighting for his country, she went off and cheated.  

This story makes no sense.

Spoiler

If Wells knew Zoom was notorious serial killer Hunter Zoloman, did he not notice Jay looked just like him?

How could Jay have been Zooms past self if he's now dead?

Why take Wally... Iris would be the logical choice to kidnap. How did even know about Wally.... how does he know anything about anything for that matter, he shouldn't even exist, he killed himself.

And way to go giving up your speed Flash, good plan.  Zoom won't kill everyone now or anything, he's just a serial killer is all.

4 hours ago, Damo R. said:

That was a good episode, I can't how they are going to get Zoom now

Spoiler

They gave up to easily.  My guess, that was not the Barry Allen from Earth 1 or at least a different Barry Allen.   When Zoom revealed the Jay Garret was one from the past and that who got killed, they could have done the same thing and did a switch on Zoom.  Used the v9 to give the the other Barry temp speed.  v9 gave Trajectory her powers.  And there was a part where Flash was testing his new speed where he just disappeared and reappeared at Star Labs.  (you see Flash disappear for a sec)  So he has the speed to do a quick switch.

Whatever happens tho...hopefully it is not a let down and the writers of the show do a good job.

10 hours ago, Zathras5 said:

This story makes no sense.

Reveal hidden contents

If Wells knew Zoom was notorious serial killer Hunter Zoloman, did he not notice Jay looked just like him?

How could Jay have been Zooms past self if he's now dead?

Why take Wally... Iris would be the logical choice to kidnap. How did even know about Wally.... how does he know anything about anything for that matter, he shouldn't even exist, he killed himself.

And way to go giving up your speed Flash, good plan.  Zoom won't kill everyone now or anything, he's just a serial killer is all.

Just go back a few episodes to when the reverse flash is seen again. Its the same reason he existed. The speed force has the ability to protect you from the effects of time. Personally this still does not make sense because of the fight Jay had with a meta. I think they wrote themselves into a corner and just made up something. I thought he was going to be a clone or something.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting take on

Spoiler

the Speed Force as an entity which apparently chose Barry. And it kept referring to itself as "we" - a hint to the Force's status as "Speedster Valhalla" in the comics, perhaps?

I thought it was a very appropriate episode for the week of Mother's Day. :)

Spoiler

It seems clear that they're setting up Jesse Wells to be the show's version of Jesse Quick. It seems odd, though, that Wally isn't also in a coma, since he was hit by the Speed Force wave. His (pre-Spew52) comic counterpart is one of the traditional Flashes, and this would be the perfect chance to give him powers. It would be a shame to get Jesse Quick and not Kid Flash.

Did anyone else pause the villain lineup at the end to see if anyone looked familiar? I did, but nobody stood out.

1 minute ago, DConnell said:

Interesting take on

Hide contents

the Speed Force as an entity which apparently chose Barry. And it kept referring to itself as "we" - a hint to the Force's status as "Speedster Valhalla" in the comics, perhaps?

Reveal hidden contents

It seems clear that they're setting up Jesse Wells to be the show's version of Jesse Quick. It seems odd, though, that Wally isn't also in a coma, since he was hit by the Speed Force wave. His (pre-Spew52) comic counterpart is one of the traditional Flashes, and this would be the perfect chance to give him powers. It would be a shame to get Jesse Quick and not Kid Flash.

Did anyone else pause the villain lineup at the end to see if anyone looked familiar? I did, but nobody stood out.

Thought last weeks episode made no sense really.   Didn't really like it at all.  Like they just tossed in the episode to extend the season a little. 

Spoiler

Speed force gave him his powers but apparently he was never over his mom's death.  So in order to get them back, he must now accept it and move on?  Really?   Why give him the powers to begin with if this was such a concern.  And speed force is apparently all knowing but yet they assumed he needlessly gave up his powers. 

Flash is getting boring.  Enjoying Arrow much more as well as Agents of Shield.

10 hours ago, DConnell said:

Interesting take on

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I wouldn't worry about Wally, they're going to have to hold back some things for season 3 you know.   I expect they'll show us Jessie going speedster before this season is over though, save Wally for next season.

10 hours ago, techbeck said:

Thought last weeks episode made no sense really.   Didn't really like it at all.  Like they just tossed in the episode to extend the season a little. 

Reveal hidden contents

Speed force gave him his powers but apparently he was never over his mom's death.  So in order to get them back, he must now accept it and move on?  Really?   Why give him the powers to begin with if this was such a concern.  And speed force is apparently all knowing but yet they assumed he needlessly gave up his powers. 

Flash is getting boring.  Enjoying Arrow much more as well as Agents of Shield.

I think they're rehashing things over and over in Arrow and not really going anywhere this season.  It's like, 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

So no one had any problems with this episode being directed by Kevin Smith? As a long time fan of his (and his Fat Man on Batman podcast and now Youtube show) I was super hyped for him to get this gig. From what I've read review wise for this episode, everyone seems to have absolutely loved this one and are giving Kevin Smith credit for it mostly. Which I don't get since he only directed it, he didn't write it or anything lol

5 minutes ago, LOC said:

So no one had any problems with this episode being directed by Kevin Smith? As a long time fan of his (and his Fat Man on Batman podcast and now Youtube show) I was super hyped for him to get this gig. From what I've read review wise for this episode, everyone seems to have absolutely loved this one and are giving Kevin Smith credit for it mostly. Which I don't get since he only directed it, he didn't write it or anything lol

Good scripts can also be handled bad director wise, and vice versa, a terrible script can hurt a great director.  It really works when they're both good.

Which is why I'm glad people seem to love this episode so much. I mean yeah, Kevin Smith isn't the best director ever or anything (far from it in fact lol) but he LOVES this show so much it was so great to see him get the gig and his reactions etc. Not to mention taping himself crying to the end of one of the episodes. So you can see how much it means to him and how much directing meant to him. I sure as hell hope they bring him back for more directing jobs in S3.

43 minutes ago, wv@gt said:

Damn  good finale. Love seeing John Wesley Shipp as the flash again

Whaaaat? I hope he's from a different Earth then, because that makes no sense otherwise. (Unless they literally reference the old 90's series)

Well if you must know 

Spoiler

He is Jay Garrick from Earth 3 aka The Flash on Earth 3 and also Barry's dads doppelganger. He is the one that was locked up with the metal mask in Zooms cell. Pretty cool seeing them use what looked like the 90's Flash costume