+Audioboxer

Boss dead!

Agile character, killed all enemies apart from the dude with the big axe. Parrying boss with gun and crit hits is the way to go.

• Like 1

+Audioboxer

Nice :laugh:

How do you get the alpha btw? Would like to try it before placing a pre-order.

It was a signup about a week ago, sure I posted in here? Not sure if you can now. Tomorrow is suppose to be the last day testing, but they've delayed it (I think to patch the glitches above lol - Don't think they wanted anyone seeing that content, especially not the tie to Demons Souls).

Andrew

It was a signup about a week ago, sure I posted in here? Not sure if you can now. Tomorrow is suppose to be the last day testing, but they've delayed it (I think to patch the glitches above lol - Don't think they wanted anyone seeing that content, especially not the tie to Demons Souls).

Damn, must have missed it :(

Does it play (controls wise) just like Demon/Dark souls? If anything I can boot up the PS3 and get to grips with it better ahead of release :laugh:

+Audioboxer

Damn, must have missed it :(

Does it play (controls wise) just like Demon/Dark souls?

Bit different. Controls are fairly similar, although blood vial is dedicated to triangle now, more on that in a minute. R1/R2 still light/heavy attacks, but L1 can now be used to switch between gun/your primary weapons extended mode (a longer cleaver/axe or dual blades instead of the gun/blade with the agile character). L2 will use the gun, or become part of your main weapons secondary mode.

Much faster paced rolls/dodges with circle now. Instead of thinking of the Souls circle being used just to run/roll, or back jump, it's used offensively now to dodge around your opponent, in other words fast forward momentum.

Back to health vials. They can be picked up and act like any estus flask from before. The new mechanic in Bloodborne is when you take a hit your healthbar will go orange for the damage amount taken, and if you can attack quickly enough to spray yourself in blood, you can recover that orange section. After a few seconds it goes from orange to black, as in, a chunk of health is now permanently missing unless you use a vial.

After killing the boss my character literally didn't have a piece of cloth on him/her that wasn't blood soaked lol. Quite a cool effect visually, gameplay wise, it's a massive mechanic changer to previous games. That risk/reward mechanic. You take a huge hit and go from full health to 1/3rd, but if you immediately go on the offensive you could recover that health quickly with blood spray rather than having to use a vial (which has it's animation window that leaves you fully open to attack).

This ISN'T me on the bridge after killing the boss, it's a picture I found online. I would never break NDA and with Sony disabling the share button and me not owning a camera phone I could NEVER take a picture :P

RpNADHP.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
compl3x

European Demon's Souls/Dark Souls/Bloodborne fans interesting in spending a little more money on From Software's next title are in luck.

iMPQikA.jpg

No word on if it is coming to North America yet, but the Bloodborne Collector's Edition will be ?79.99 and include an art book, a soundtrack, and a steelbook case for the disc. The fancier and more expensive Nightmare Edition, which will be ?119.99 and will include all of the items with the Collector's Edition as well as a Bloodborne gothic notebook, Quill & red ink set, ?Top Hat? Messenger skin, and a Bell trinket, which you can see below.

2ItO9d6.jpg

Bloodborne releases in North America March 24. For more on the game, head here for details form its showing at PSX.

[source: PlayStation Blog Europe, via Joystiq]

• Like 1

ichi

There was a time were you'd feel almost ripped off if you didn't find some goodies inside your standard game box  :/ nowadays even a non-standard dvd box is considered premium already.

compl3x

Yeah. Although, sometimes they do make worthwhile collector's editions.

• 1 month later...
+Audioboxer

A quick recap for the uninitiated. As you play through Bloodborne you

+Audioboxer

IGN are going to have a big chunk of content in Feb

First and foremost, come back on Monday, February 2nd at 9am PT/12pm ET/5pm GMT/3pm (next day) AEST for the first 18 virtually uninterrupted minutes of Bloodborne. I could gush on and on about how great the opening is, but honestly, the footage speaks for itself.

The rest of February is going to be packed with amazing reveals, including brand-new enemies, crazy new environments, and so much more. We sat down with Demon

+Audioboxer

Dat atmosphere.

Knife Party

wow really nice/. That old creepy gregorian architechture mixed with the dark souls esque playstyle looks really good.

+Audioboxer

wow really nice/. That old creepy gregorian architechture mixed with the dark souls esque playstyle looks really good.

Yup :D

Demons/Dark Souls 1 had what felt like a cohesive architecture. Dark Souls 2 felt like a series of themed rooms connected together.

Knife Party

Yup :D

Demons/Dark Souls 1 had what felt like a cohesive architecture. Dark Souls 2 felt like a series of themed rooms connected together.

exact-ta-mundo! :D

+Audioboxer

exact-ta-mundo! :D

Going on an elevator way underground to reveal Iron Keep is one of the biggest examples. It just didn't make sense. I'm not dissing all the locations in Dark Souls 2, some of them were great, but it's that feeling of cohesion that was lacking. Like different developers were working on different locations and in the end they were just all glued together.

I should say for anyone not wanting to spoil themselves a huge chunk of this video is gameplay of a location from the alpha - Just further along in development.

Knife Party

Going on an elevator way underground to reveal Iron Keep is one of the biggest examples. It just didn't make sense. I'm not dissing all the locations in Dark Souls 2, some of them were great, but it's that feeling of cohesion that was lacking. Like different developers were working on different locations and in the end they were just all glued together.

I should say for anyone not wanting to spoil themselves a huge chunk of this video is gameplay of a location from the alpha - Just further along in development.

I'm actually thinking of getting this as a bday present for my friend so we can jam this when it comes out. I know he's a huge fan like me also.

Jason S.

looks like Victorian-era Darksiders

• Like 1

Aergan

Can't say I'm that impressed really. Looks like another "awkward to move" 3rd person action horror game. Combat system is a bit lack-lustre but then I guess it's an early build.

• Like 1

Knife Party

Thought this was pretty funny :D

original.jpg

+Audioboxer

• 2 weeks later...
+Audioboxer

Jarrichvdv

To me, this looks unbelievably bland and uninspiring. Then again, these are not the kind of games I like so my opinion isn't really relevant I guess.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chandrakant
      Sony enables PlayStation 5 SSD upgrades via M.2 slot for beta testers
      by Chandrakant Isi

Sony's PlayStation 5 shipped with a dormant M.2 expansion slot. Months after the launch, the Japanese company is now opening up the M.2 slot to beta testers. Those who like to tinker with their gaming console can boost its internal storage by adding an SSD. If you would like to give it a shot, Sony has provided an elaborate guide with some software and hardware requirements.

For starters, PCIe Gen4 x4 M.2 NVMe SSDs with capacity ranging from 250 GB to 4 TB are advised to be used with Sony's console. The recommended sequential read speed is 5,500MB/s or faster. More importantly, you can't simply stick any SSD into the PS5. Sony requires it to feature an effective heat dissipation system. You can either go with an SSD with a built-in cooling system or buy an aftermarket cooling solution and add it yourself. However, you will have to ensure the SSD module size including the heatsink element should be less than 110 mm (L) x 25 mm (W) x 11.25 mm (H).

If all this hasn't deterred you from going ahead with the storage expansion process, it is time to ensure your system software is compatible with this feature. At this point, only the beta firmware supports the M.2 slot. So first, head over to this link to register for the PS5 beta program. It is only open for gamers in the US, Canada, Japan, UK, Germany, and France. If you are lucky enough to get selected for the beta program, the next step is to install the beta system software from Settings > System > System Software > System Software Update and Settings.

Once you have the software ready, the next part requires you to pop open your expensive PS5, which is quite hard to come by due to the global chip shortage. Hence, we recommend heading over to PlayStation.com and carefully follow the steps provided by the manufacturer.

• By Usama Jawad96
      Sony has now sold 10 million PlayStation 5 consoles
      by Usama Jawad

Yesterday, Microsoft reported revenue for the fourth quarter of its 2021 fiscal year. While the company didn't reveal exact sales figures, it did highlight that gaming revenue grew by 11% (7% in Constant Currency (CC)), with hardware revenues increasing by 172% YoY (163% in CC), making the latest Xbox devices the fastest-selling consoles in the Redmond giant's history. Today, Sony has disclosed some sales figures for its PlayStation 5 consoles as well.

Sony officially unveiled the pricing for its PlayStation 5 consoles in September 2020, and the machines were made available for purchase in November 2020. Due to strong demand, global chip shortages, and scalpers, the company has struggled to supply retailers with units.

However, Reuters now reports that Sony has confirmed to it via email that 10 million PlayStation 5 units have been sold as of July 18, 2021. For reference, it took Sony nine months to sell the same number of PlayStation 4 consoles, which makes the PS5 the company's fastest-selling console lineup in history as well.

Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO Jim Ryan also admitted that the firm is facing difficulties in keeping up with the demand, saying that:

Sony also revealed that it has sold 6.5 million copies of Spider-Man: Miles Morales, though it is important to remember that the title is cross-generation. While Microsoft didn't disclose the number of Xbox units sold, Niko Partners' Senior Analyst Daniel Ahmad estimates that a total of 6.5 million Xbox Series X and Series S consoles had been sold as of June 30, 2021. The consoles were made available for purchase on November 10, a few days earlier than the PlayStation 5.

Source: Sony via Reuters

• By LoneWolfSL
      Dark Souls Remastered loyalty discount on Steam is going away this September
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

The original Dark Souls by FromSoftware received a remaster in 2018, and since then, those who already owned the original Prepare to Die Edition on Steam have received a "loyalty discount reward" that pulled down the new version's price by 50%. Now, after years of keeping this promotion active, the discount program is going away on September 30, 2021.

Arriving via a Steam community post, the announcement did not give a reason for this change-up, only going on to urge old edition owners to upgrade to the remaster while the discount is still active.

The original Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition has been unavailable for purchase since 2018, but it is still playable for anyone who owns it. It will also remain in player libraries as a separate entry even after gaining the remastered edition.

Dark Souls: Remastered normally comes in at $39.99 on Steam, but with the loyalty discount, Prepare to Die version owners can grab it for $19.99 until the promotion ends in September. Developed by QLOC, the remaster offers enhancements to the visuals, frame rate, resolution, multiplayer, and other areas of the massively popular RPG that's known for its difficult but rewarding gameplay.

The remaster has been missing from Steam sales since 2019, but with the loyalty discount shuttering soon, sales may be returning as well. As it's set up now, any regular discount to the game would also stack with the loyalty discount, offering a massive deal for old edition owners.

• By Copernic
      Universal Media Server 10.8.0
      by Razvan Serea

Universal Media Server is a DLNA-compliant UPnP Media Server. UMS was started by SubJunk, an official developer of PMS, in order to ensure greater stability and file-compatibility. The program streams or transcodes many different media formats with little or no configuration. It is powered by MEncoder, FFmpeg, tsMuxeR, AviSynth, MediaInfo and more, which combine to offer support for a wide range of media formats. Because it is written in Java, Universal Media Server supports all major operating systems, with versions for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.

To see a comparison of popular media servers, click here.

Universal Media Server 10.8.0 changelog:

General:

Added youtube-dl engine which fixes support for YouTube channel feeds Added automatic names for web feeds in the user interface, and the ability to add/edit manual names for web streams Added sample web radio stream Added support for pasting YouTube channels directly, instead of needing the feed URLs Improved performance and logging for unmonitored files Fixed several web content user interface bugs Fixed sample web feeds and streams not being loaded on macOS Fixed broken sample web feeds Fixed/updated readme links Fixed web bump interface Fixed broken thumbnail caching on macOS Fixed support for mp3 radio streams on the web interface Fixed support for radio streams without thumbnails on the web interface Translation updates via Crowdin:

Danish (100%) (thanks, NCAA!) English (United Kingdom) (36%) (thanks, Pete Russell!) Finnish (100%) (thanks, Esko Gardner!) Italian (99%) (thanks, Dimitri Graffi!) Korean (100%) (thanks, VenusGirl!) Portuguese (99%) (thanks, mariopinto!) Portuguese (Brazilian) (96%) (thanks, Mauro.A!) Turkish (100%) (thanks, Burak Yavuz!) Dependencies:

Bump commons-io from 2.10.0 to 2.11.0 Bump FFmpeg to latest Git versions Bump logback-version from 1.2.3 to 1.2.4 Bump oshi-core from 5.7.5 to 5.8.0 Bump rome from 1.15.0 to 1.16.0 Bump spotbugs-maven-plugin from 4.2.3 to 4.3.0 Bump Video.js from 7.10.1 to 7.13.3 Download: Universal Media Server 10.8.0 | 161.0 MB (Open Source)
      Download: Other operating systems
      View: Universal Media Server Website

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

• By Brandon H
      Neowin's Community Minecraft Server
      Server hosting is provided by BisectHosting

Discussion of connecting with pirated copied (including requests for offline mode for this reason) will result in you receiving a warning. The usual forum rules for piracy apply here.

Server Address:
      mc.neowin.net (204.44.126.159)
      Currently Running FTB Cotton - v1.1.0

Server Rules
      Be nice, polite, and respectful No Griefing, this is your only warning Do not build on others door steps without permissions, explore and find your own land Do not be annoying Do not build at spawn without permission of an admin Do not modify any other players builds without permission Have fun, if you don't have fun you will get slapped Label all builds in creative  

If you wish to join our server please post here with your Minecraft username; you must be an active member of the Neowin community.

Our server is powered by donations. Payments are made quarterly. Please help donate to the server to keep it running.