+Audioboxer

Can the entire game be played in Co-Op?

I've been trying to find information in regards to this...

Pretty much. This time around you can play with specific people if you want. It's not as straightforward as inviting someone off a list, instead if you both set the same passphrase then whenever one of you summons only summons with a matching passphrase will be invited.

For example, if everyone on Neowin set it as Neowin you'd summon someone from the pool of Neowin players (whether that is 5, 10, 15 or 100 people). So still a bit random still, but off of a specific list of people. If you had a password as 174i93h, then clearly that's so unique only your exact friend or co-op partner would be summoned.

Andrew

Congrats to From Software on the launch. Best scoring game of new-gen so far :)

ZakO

Amazing game so far (as expected), bought a PS4 for this even though it has no other games I want and I'm not disappointed. Only downsides are the stupidly long loading times and it can't even keep a stable 30fps in some areas, such a shame it will never be released on PC.

LaP

From Software really went a long way since Rune, Otogi and Murakumo.

Showan

Pretty much. This time around you can play with specific people if you want. It's not as straightforward as inviting someone off a list, instead if you both set the same passphrase then whenever one of you summons only summons with a matching passphrase will be invited.

For example, if everyone on Neowin set it as Neowin you'd summon someone from the pool of Neowin players (whether that is 5, 10, 15 or 100 people). So still a bit random still, but off of a specific list of people. If you had a password as 174i93h, then clearly that's so unique only your exact friend or co-op partner would be summoned.

I will only buy this game, if someone else plays with me.  :D

I also, just realized I have $44 in my Playstation Wallet... So I'm not killing myself to get it...

compl3x

Reviews seem to be overwhelmingly positive.

+Audioboxer

Amazing game so far (as expected), bought a PS4 for this even though it has no other games I want and I'm not disappointed. Only downsides are the stupidly long loading times and it can't even keep a stable 30fps in some areas, such a shame it will never be released on PC.

Some hope - http://www.justpushstart.com/2015/03/bloodborne-long-load-times-will-be-addressed-in-the-next-patch/ Hybrid and SSD drives do make a difference.

Just glad we do not have any Blighttown V2. From create some of the best art in gaming, but they just aren't technically among the elite as of yet.

Polonium

Some hope - http://www.justpushstart.com/2015/03/bloodborne-long-load-times-will-be-addressed-in-the-next-patch/ Hybrid and SSD drives do make a difference.

Just glad we do not have any Blighttown V2. From create some of the best art in gaming, but they just aren't technically among the elite as of yet.

Not good enough really. A game needs to be playable for the masses and suggesting that we should buy the game AND a new HDD to play it on is beyond madness.

A patch needs to fix this and fast. It drops to levels that make the game unplayable in areas.

+Audioboxer

Not good enough really. A game needs to be playable for the masses and suggesting that we should buy the game AND a new HDD to play it on is beyond madness.

A patch needs to fix this and fast. It drops to levels that make the game unplayable in areas.

I haven't read that, or is that your experience? I've only played about an hour.

Digital Foundry - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-bloodborne-performance-analysis

Polonium

Think I read that in one of the reviews, it drops into the 20's which isn't acceptable,

+Audioboxer

Think I read that in one of the reviews, it drops into the 20's which isn't acceptable,

Lowest above is 24. Cinematic  :shiftyninja: /s

Does say the drops are fairly infrequent. We gotta put up with From Jank to enjoy their games. It's the best technical effort so far, but I hope there are some patches to help. By the way if anyone is downloading you can start playing after 5GB is done, but you can't play online until the whole amount is done (23GB). It forces you into offline mode if you play early.

• Like 1
spacer

"Unplayable" means low teens to single-digits. A frame rate so low that you literally cannot navigate the game world or react to it. I have read a lot of reviews and impressions and not one has mentioned that the frame rate gets that low. Mid to low 20s, sure, but that is definitely still "playable".

In general, everyone has said that it never gets as bad as Blighttown on the PS3. I remember how bad that was, and even though it was a stuttering mess, I was still able to finish the area. So if Bloodborne never reaches that level, I'm ok with it. (I'd LIKE it to be a smooth 30, but it is what it is)

• Like 1
compl3x

Never say never. We've seen games go from console to PC, although not always praised technically when they got there.

From Software isn't a subsidiary of Sony like Naughty Dog is so it is plausible that we could see the game go to PC. It just wouldn't get there next month.

• Like 1
spacer

If anyone is planning to pick this game up between now and the 28th, Target is doing another "buy the game and get a $20 PSN card for $5" deal.

• Like 1
compl3x

We never get anything even remotely that decent in Aus.

Polonium

Or any of Europe

+Audioboxer

Never say never. We've seen games go from console to PC, although not always praised technically when they got there.

From Software isn't a subsidiary of Sony like Naughty Dog is so it is plausible that we could see the game go to PC. It just wouldn't get there next month.

You have that slightly wrong. From are independent, ND are owned by Sony. Sony own the Demons Souls IP and now Bloodborne. This is why these titles are exclusive. From own Dark Souls, or its joint with Namco, so multiplatform.

compl3x

I see.

Well, you'd hope Sony would see the success and acclaim of Bloodborne and parlay that into a successful PC release later down the line.

DirtyLarry

Just installed the game and downloaded the 2.9 (or was it 2.8) GB update file on both of my PS4's, so I am ready to play this somehow tonight. I watched that beginners video at lunch time. I somewhat get the impression this game is being hyped as so difficult to play but is actually just a game that takes some time and patience instead, but perhaps I am being overly optimistic.  :laugh: We shall see.

• Like 1
+Audioboxer

Just installed the game and downloaded the 2.9 (or was it 2.8) GB update file on both of my PS4's, so I am ready to play this somehow tonight. I watched that beginners video at lunch time. I somewhat get the impression this game is being hyped as so difficult to play but is actually just a game that takes some time and patience instead, but perhaps I am being overly optimistic.  :laugh: We shall see.

A lot of it is definitely that. Patience and intelligent gameplay master a Souls game. They are difficult, no doubts. Patience can't save you from the bosses! I see them kind of like an action "puzzle" RPG.

Put your pants back on, AB.

:shiftyninja:

+virtorio

Looking forward to playing Boneborne on the PC.

• Like 1
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By subir
      Midnight Black & Cosmic Red PS5 DualSense controllers ready for pre-order
      by Subir Kathuria

Sony has announced two new DualSense models - Midnight Black and Cosmic Red .They will be available starting next month to add a dash of color to your gaming setup.

The DualSense controller marked a radical departure from Sony's previous controllers by delivering innovative features. The new DualShock controllers support all the same features like haptic feedback and adaptive triggers that can put up varying levels of resistance, depending on what you're doing in games designed to take advantage of them. They also have a built-in microphone, speaker, and headset jack that lets you plug in any standard 3.5mm earbuds or headphones.

Just like the PS4 DualShock controller got many colorful releases over the life of the previous generation console, this probably won't be the last time Sony releases new color controllers for PS5.

Midnight Black features two subtly different shades of black with light grey detailing to reflect how space is viewed through the night sky. The controller is priced at $69.99 and is available for pre-order on Amazon.com from this link with deliveries starting June 18, 2021.

Cosmic Red offers a striking black and red design inspired by the unique vivid shades of red found throughout the cosmos. It is priced at $74.99 and is available for pre-order on Amazon.com from this link with deliveries starting June 18, 2021.

Sony advises that the exact date will vary by location. You can check PlayStation.com for more information regarding availability.

As an Amazon Associate, Neowin may earn commission from qualifying purchases.

• By zikalify
      5G-enabled Xperia 10 III is now available for pre-order
      by Paul Hill

Sony has announced that its Xperia 10 III, which comes with 5G is now available for pre-order. It’s available in black, blue, pink, and white and retails for €429 making it very much a mid-range phone.

In terms of its specifications, the Xperia 10 III is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 690 5G Mobile Platform which Sony says makes it fast and capable of handling your apps. While having a good processor is important, having enough charge to see you through the day is also necessary, therefore, Sony has packed in a 4500mAh battery which represents a 25% increase over the battery that came with the Xperia 10 II.

In addition to long battery life and good performance, the Xperia 10 III is quite sturdy and should last for several years. It is IP65/IP68 water and dust resistant and comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 which can survive multiple drops from greater heights compared to Gorilla Glass 5. The display is a 21:9 Wide 6” notch-less FHD+ OLED display that comes with HDR support to improve movie viewing.

Discussing the connectivity available on the device, Sony said:

To find out more about pre-ordering the device, head to your regional Sony website and navigate to the smartphone section where you should see the Xperia 10 III listed if it’s due to arrive in your country. Sony did not give a launch date for the phone in its announcement but GSM Arena says it’s expected on June 11.

• By Usama Jawad96
      PlayStation Remote Play now supports DualSense on iOS devices
      by Usama Jawad

Sony's PlayStation Remote Play allows you to stream your games to other devices such as PCs and handsets, allowing you to pick up where you left off across multiple platforms. The feature was announced back in 2015 and supports PS5, PS4, PC, Mac, iOS, and Android devices. Previously, mobile devices only offered Remote Play with the DualShock 4 controller. This changes now as Sony has rolled out support for the PlayStation 5's DualSense on iOS devices.

As of now, iOS 14.5 or above is required to pair a DualSense controller with an iPhone via Bluetooth. Other requirements such as having a minimum of 5MB broadband internet remains the same.

IGN tested the DualSense controller with an iPhone and noted some issues with support. For example, haptics seemingly do not work with Sony-published titles such as Astro's Playroom and MLB The Show 21. Similarly, while Adaptive Triggers function, haptics once again fail in Remedy's Control. Moreover, the headphone jack and the built-in speaker don't seem to be working yet either. It's unclear when and if these issues will be fixed. In a sort of a disclaimer at the bottom of its product page, Sony has cautioned that "availability of DualSense features such as audio output and haptic effects vary when using remote play on PC, Mac, iPhone or iPad; some features may not be available."

While Remote Play does not provide support for DualSense on Android devices at this point in time, it's likely that this support will be rolled out sooner rather than later. In the meantime, if you have a compatible iPhone and a DualSense controller, you can give Remote Play a shot by downloading the application from the App Store here.

• By indospot
      Finding a PlayStation 5 may continue to be difficult until 2022, says Sony
      by João Carrasqueira

The latest generation of consoles from Sony and Microsoft have been notoriously hard to find since their launch back in November, and if you've been hoping things will get better, it may still be a while. As reported by Bloomberg, the company has warned a group of analysts that supply restraints may continue into 2022 as demand continues to outpace supply.

Despite the production limits it's been hit by, Sony's sales of the PlayStation 5 are nothing to scoff at. In less than half a year, its next-gen console has sold 7.8 million units, which is in line with sales of the PlayStation 4, one of the best-selling consoles of all time. The company also expects to sell 14.8 million units this year, despite saying it won't be able to keep up with demand. Sony's chief financial officer, Hiroki Totoki, said that the company will need to ramp up production as early as possible, but even then, it will be hard to meet consumer demand:

Many facets of technology have been affected by supply issues in semiconductors over the past year thanks to the influence of the COVID-19 pandemic, with the latest next-gen consoles being one of the more affected products. Likewise, the latest graphics card from both Nvidia and AMD have been very hard to find. In all of these cases, the situation has been made all the more complicated by people who buy the products as soon as they're available to resell at above-market values.

In the console business, Nintendo also issued a warning that component shortages could still cause road bumps in sales of its Switch hybrid console, though it's projecting 25.5 million unit sales for the current fiscal year. As some of the restrictions around COVID-19 are lifted in the coming months in some countries around the world, the situation could get better, but it seems as though some companies aren't banking on that recovery just yet.

• By Copernic
      Universal Media Server 10.5.0
      by Razvan Serea

Universal Media Server is a DLNA-compliant UPnP Media Server. UMS was started by SubJunk, an official developer of PMS, in order to ensure greater stability and file-compatibility. The program streams or transcodes many different media formats with little or no configuration. It is powered by MEncoder, FFmpeg, tsMuxeR, AviSynth, MediaInfo and more, which combine to offer support for a wide range of media formats. Because it is written in Java, Universal Media Server supports all major operating systems, with versions for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.

To see a comparison of popular media servers, click here.

Universal Media Server 10.5.0 changelog:

General:

Added new option to mark a fully played video after moving it to a new folder Implemented external API to allow users to perform actions on their UMS instance from an authorized external source, please see docs at https://support.universalmediaserver.com/books/configuration/page/external-api (thanks, ikrahne!) Fixed TV series metadata not saving for some series Improved episode detection from filenames Optimized network use and handling of unimplemented UPnP actions for some renderers Fixed audio cover art extraction (thanks, ik666!) Fixed database upgrade for some users Fixed recognition of some renderers Renderers:

Improved support for H.264 on Panasonic VT60 Dependencies:

Bump checkstyle from 8.41 to 8.42 Bump com.sun.xml.bind-version from 3.0.0 to 3.0.1 Bump commons-lang3 from 3.11 to 3.12.0 Bump icu4j from 68.2 to 69.1 Bump JRE from 15 to 8u292 Bump maven-project-info-reports-plugin from 3.1.1 to 3.1.2 Bump MediaInfo from 20.09 to 21.03 Bump metadata-extractor from 2.15.0 to 2.16.0 Bump spotbugs-maven-plugin from 4.2.2 to 4.2.3 Bump twelvemonkeys-imageio-version from 3.6.4 to 3.7.0 Translation updates via Crowdin:

Danish (99%) (thanks, NCAA and GurliGebis!) Finnish (99%) (thanks, Esko Gardner!) French (100%) (thanks, Archaos!) Italian (98%) (thanks, tiwi90!) Korean (99%) (thanks, VenusGirl!) Polish (100%) (thanks, Karol Szastok!) Portuguese (99%) (thanks, mariopinto!) Portuguese (Brazilian) (96%) (thanks, Mauro.A!) Serbian (97%) (thanks, Slobodan Simić (Слободан Симић)!) Spanish (100%) (thanks, Gerardo Ruiz, fafranco82, Eduardo Martin, and manuel fernandez!) Turkish (100%) (thanks, Burak Yavuz!) Ukrainian (17%) (thanks, Paul Furlet!) Download: Universal Media Server 10.5.0 | 153.0 MB (Open Source)
      Download: Other operating systems
      View: Universal Media Server Website

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware