+Audioboxer

Can the entire game be played in Co-Op?

I've been trying to find information in regards to this...

Pretty much. This time around you can play with specific people if you want. It's not as straightforward as inviting someone off a list, instead if you both set the same passphrase then whenever one of you summons only summons with a matching passphrase will be invited.

For example, if everyone on Neowin set it as Neowin you'd summon someone from the pool of Neowin players (whether that is 5, 10, 15 or 100 people). So still a bit random still, but off of a specific list of people. If you had a password as 174i93h, then clearly that's so unique only your exact friend or co-op partner would be summoned.

Andrew

Congrats to From Software on the launch. Best scoring game of new-gen so far :)

ZakO

Amazing game so far (as expected), bought a PS4 for this even though it has no other games I want and I'm not disappointed. Only downsides are the stupidly long loading times and it can't even keep a stable 30fps in some areas, such a shame it will never be released on PC.

LaP

From Software really went a long way since Rune, Otogi and Murakumo.

Showan

Pretty much. This time around you can play with specific people if you want. It's not as straightforward as inviting someone off a list, instead if you both set the same passphrase then whenever one of you summons only summons with a matching passphrase will be invited.

For example, if everyone on Neowin set it as Neowin you'd summon someone from the pool of Neowin players (whether that is 5, 10, 15 or 100 people). So still a bit random still, but off of a specific list of people. If you had a password as 174i93h, then clearly that's so unique only your exact friend or co-op partner would be summoned.

I will only buy this game, if someone else plays with me.  :D

I also, just realized I have $44 in my Playstation Wallet... So I'm not killing myself to get it...

compl3x

Reviews seem to be overwhelmingly positive.

+Audioboxer

Amazing game so far (as expected), bought a PS4 for this even though it has no other games I want and I'm not disappointed. Only downsides are the stupidly long loading times and it can't even keep a stable 30fps in some areas, such a shame it will never be released on PC.

Some hope - http://www.justpushstart.com/2015/03/bloodborne-long-load-times-will-be-addressed-in-the-next-patch/ Hybrid and SSD drives do make a difference.

Just glad we do not have any Blighttown V2. From create some of the best art in gaming, but they just aren't technically among the elite as of yet.

Polonium

Some hope - http://www.justpushstart.com/2015/03/bloodborne-long-load-times-will-be-addressed-in-the-next-patch/ Hybrid and SSD drives do make a difference.

Just glad we do not have any Blighttown V2. From create some of the best art in gaming, but they just aren't technically among the elite as of yet.

Not good enough really. A game needs to be playable for the masses and suggesting that we should buy the game AND a new HDD to play it on is beyond madness.

A patch needs to fix this and fast. It drops to levels that make the game unplayable in areas.

+Audioboxer

Not good enough really. A game needs to be playable for the masses and suggesting that we should buy the game AND a new HDD to play it on is beyond madness.

A patch needs to fix this and fast. It drops to levels that make the game unplayable in areas.

I haven't read that, or is that your experience? I've only played about an hour.

Digital Foundry - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-bloodborne-performance-analysis

Polonium

Think I read that in one of the reviews, it drops into the 20's which isn't acceptable,

+Audioboxer

Think I read that in one of the reviews, it drops into the 20's which isn't acceptable,

Lowest above is 24. Cinematic  :shiftyninja: /s

Does say the drops are fairly infrequent. We gotta put up with From Jank to enjoy their games. It's the best technical effort so far, but I hope there are some patches to help. By the way if anyone is downloading you can start playing after 5GB is done, but you can't play online until the whole amount is done (23GB). It forces you into offline mode if you play early.

• Like 1

spacer

"Unplayable" means low teens to single-digits. A frame rate so low that you literally cannot navigate the game world or react to it. I have read a lot of reviews and impressions and not one has mentioned that the frame rate gets that low. Mid to low 20s, sure, but that is definitely still "playable".

In general, everyone has said that it never gets as bad as Blighttown on the PS3. I remember how bad that was, and even though it was a stuttering mess, I was still able to finish the area. So if Bloodborne never reaches that level, I'm ok with it. (I'd LIKE it to be a smooth 30, but it is what it is)

• Like 1

compl3x

Never say never. We've seen games go from console to PC, although not always praised technically when they got there.

From Software isn't a subsidiary of Sony like Naughty Dog is so it is plausible that we could see the game go to PC. It just wouldn't get there next month.

• Like 1

spacer

If anyone is planning to pick this game up between now and the 28th, Target is doing another "buy the game and get a $20 PSN card for $5" deal.

• Like 1

compl3x

We never get anything even remotely that decent in Aus.

Polonium

Or any of Europe

+Audioboxer

Never say never. We've seen games go from console to PC, although not always praised technically when they got there.

From Software isn't a subsidiary of Sony like Naughty Dog is so it is plausible that we could see the game go to PC. It just wouldn't get there next month.

You have that slightly wrong. From are independent, ND are owned by Sony. Sony own the Demons Souls IP and now Bloodborne. This is why these titles are exclusive. From own Dark Souls, or its joint with Namco, so multiplatform.

compl3x

I see.

Well, you'd hope Sony would see the success and acclaim of Bloodborne and parlay that into a successful PC release later down the line.

DirtyLarry

Just installed the game and downloaded the 2.9 (or was it 2.8) GB update file on both of my PS4's, so I am ready to play this somehow tonight. I watched that beginners video at lunch time. I somewhat get the impression this game is being hyped as so difficult to play but is actually just a game that takes some time and patience instead, but perhaps I am being overly optimistic.  :laugh: We shall see.

• Like 1

+Audioboxer

Just installed the game and downloaded the 2.9 (or was it 2.8) GB update file on both of my PS4's, so I am ready to play this somehow tonight. I watched that beginners video at lunch time. I somewhat get the impression this game is being hyped as so difficult to play but is actually just a game that takes some time and patience instead, but perhaps I am being overly optimistic.  :laugh: We shall see.

A lot of it is definitely that. Patience and intelligent gameplay master a Souls game. They are difficult, no doubts. Patience can't save you from the bosses! I see them kind of like an action "puzzle" RPG.

Put your pants back on, AB.

:shiftyninja:

+virtorio

Looking forward to playing Boneborne on the PC.

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chandrakant
      Sony enables PlayStation 5 SSD upgrades via M.2 slot for beta testers
      by Chandrakant Isi

Sony's PlayStation 5 shipped with a dormant M.2 expansion slot. Months after the launch, the Japanese company is now opening up the M.2 slot to beta testers. Those who like to tinker with their gaming console can boost its internal storage by adding an SSD. If you would like to give it a shot, Sony has provided an elaborate guide with some software and hardware requirements.

For starters, PCIe Gen4 x4 M.2 NVMe SSDs with capacity ranging from 250 GB to 4 TB are advised to be used with Sony's console. The recommended sequential read speed is 5,500MB/s or faster. More importantly, you can't simply stick any SSD into the PS5. Sony requires it to feature an effective heat dissipation system. You can either go with an SSD with a built-in cooling system or buy an aftermarket cooling solution and add it yourself. However, you will have to ensure the SSD module size including the heatsink element should be less than 110 mm (L) x 25 mm (W) x 11.25 mm (H).

If all this hasn't deterred you from going ahead with the storage expansion process, it is time to ensure your system software is compatible with this feature. At this point, only the beta firmware supports the M.2 slot. So first, head over to this link to register for the PS5 beta program. It is only open for gamers in the US, Canada, Japan, UK, Germany, and France. If you are lucky enough to get selected for the beta program, the next step is to install the beta system software from Settings > System > System Software > System Software Update and Settings.

Once you have the software ready, the next part requires you to pop open your expensive PS5, which is quite hard to come by due to the global chip shortage. Hence, we recommend heading over to PlayStation.com and carefully follow the steps provided by the manufacturer.

• By Usama Jawad96
      Sony has now sold 10 million PlayStation 5 consoles
      by Usama Jawad

Yesterday, Microsoft reported revenue for the fourth quarter of its 2021 fiscal year. While the company didn't reveal exact sales figures, it did highlight that gaming revenue grew by 11% (7% in Constant Currency (CC)), with hardware revenues increasing by 172% YoY (163% in CC), making the latest Xbox devices the fastest-selling consoles in the Redmond giant's history. Today, Sony has disclosed some sales figures for its PlayStation 5 consoles as well.

Sony officially unveiled the pricing for its PlayStation 5 consoles in September 2020, and the machines were made available for purchase in November 2020. Due to strong demand, global chip shortages, and scalpers, the company has struggled to supply retailers with units.

However, Reuters now reports that Sony has confirmed to it via email that 10 million PlayStation 5 units have been sold as of July 18, 2021. For reference, it took Sony nine months to sell the same number of PlayStation 4 consoles, which makes the PS5 the company's fastest-selling console lineup in history as well.

Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO Jim Ryan also admitted that the firm is facing difficulties in keeping up with the demand, saying that:

Sony also revealed that it has sold 6.5 million copies of Spider-Man: Miles Morales, though it is important to remember that the title is cross-generation. While Microsoft didn't disclose the number of Xbox units sold, Niko Partners' Senior Analyst Daniel Ahmad estimates that a total of 6.5 million Xbox Series X and Series S consoles had been sold as of June 30, 2021. The consoles were made available for purchase on November 10, a few days earlier than the PlayStation 5.

Source: Sony via Reuters

• By LoneWolfSL
      Dark Souls Remastered loyalty discount on Steam is going away this September
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

The original Dark Souls by FromSoftware received a remaster in 2018, and since then, those who already owned the original Prepare to Die Edition on Steam have received a "loyalty discount reward" that pulled down the new version's price by 50%. Now, after years of keeping this promotion active, the discount program is going away on September 30, 2021.

Arriving via a Steam community post, the announcement did not give a reason for this change-up, only going on to urge old edition owners to upgrade to the remaster while the discount is still active.

The original Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition has been unavailable for purchase since 2018, but it is still playable for anyone who owns it. It will also remain in player libraries as a separate entry even after gaining the remastered edition.

Dark Souls: Remastered normally comes in at $39.99 on Steam, but with the loyalty discount, Prepare to Die version owners can grab it for $19.99 until the promotion ends in September. Developed by QLOC, the remaster offers enhancements to the visuals, frame rate, resolution, multiplayer, and other areas of the massively popular RPG that's known for its difficult but rewarding gameplay.

The remaster has been missing from Steam sales since 2019, but with the loyalty discount shuttering soon, sales may be returning as well. As it's set up now, any regular discount to the game would also stack with the loyalty discount, offering a massive deal for old edition owners.

• By Copernic
      Universal Media Server 10.8.0
      by Razvan Serea

Universal Media Server is a DLNA-compliant UPnP Media Server. UMS was started by SubJunk, an official developer of PMS, in order to ensure greater stability and file-compatibility. The program streams or transcodes many different media formats with little or no configuration. It is powered by MEncoder, FFmpeg, tsMuxeR, AviSynth, MediaInfo and more, which combine to offer support for a wide range of media formats. Because it is written in Java, Universal Media Server supports all major operating systems, with versions for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.

To see a comparison of popular media servers, click here.

Universal Media Server 10.8.0 changelog:

General:

Added youtube-dl engine which fixes support for YouTube channel feeds Added automatic names for web feeds in the user interface, and the ability to add/edit manual names for web streams Added sample web radio stream Added support for pasting YouTube channels directly, instead of needing the feed URLs Improved performance and logging for unmonitored files Fixed several web content user interface bugs Fixed sample web feeds and streams not being loaded on macOS Fixed broken sample web feeds Fixed/updated readme links Fixed web bump interface Fixed broken thumbnail caching on macOS Fixed support for mp3 radio streams on the web interface Fixed support for radio streams without thumbnails on the web interface Translation updates via Crowdin:

Danish (100%) (thanks, NCAA!) English (United Kingdom) (36%) (thanks, Pete Russell!) Finnish (100%) (thanks, Esko Gardner!) Italian (99%) (thanks, Dimitri Graffi!) Korean (100%) (thanks, VenusGirl!) Portuguese (99%) (thanks, mariopinto!) Portuguese (Brazilian) (96%) (thanks, Mauro.A!) Turkish (100%) (thanks, Burak Yavuz!) Dependencies:

Bump commons-io from 2.10.0 to 2.11.0 Bump FFmpeg to latest Git versions Bump logback-version from 1.2.3 to 1.2.4 Bump oshi-core from 5.7.5 to 5.8.0 Bump rome from 1.15.0 to 1.16.0 Bump spotbugs-maven-plugin from 4.2.3 to 4.3.0 Bump Video.js from 7.10.1 to 7.13.3 Download: Universal Media Server 10.8.0 | 161.0 MB (Open Source)
      Download: Other operating systems
      View: Universal Media Server Website

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

• By Brandon H
      Neowin's Community Minecraft Server
      Server hosting is provided by BisectHosting

Discussion of connecting with pirated copied (including requests for offline mode for this reason) will result in you receiving a warning. The usual forum rules for piracy apply here.

Server Address:
      mc.neowin.net (204.44.126.159)
      Currently Running FTB Cotton - v1.1.0

Server Rules
      Be nice, polite, and respectful No Griefing, this is your only warning Do not build on others door steps without permissions, explore and find your own land Do not be annoying Do not build at spawn without permission of an admin Do not modify any other players builds without permission Have fun, if you don't have fun you will get slapped Label all builds in creative  

If you wish to join our server please post here with your Minecraft username; you must be an active member of the Neowin community.

Our server is powered by donations. Payments are made quarterly. Please help donate to the server to keep it running.