Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones

How do you restore the Word app that gets installed with build 105xx? I uninstalled it by mistake and it's not in the Windows Store.

I don't have the build installed so i'm just guessing here but if it doesn't show up in your list of apps through the store, and you can't find it, then I think the last resort would be to do a full reset and have it reload everything that way.

I don't have the build installed so i'm just guessing here but if it doesn't show up in your list of apps through the store, and you can't find it, then I think the last resort would be to do a full reset and have it reload everything that way.

I was afraid that would be the answer.

I was afraid that would be the answer.

In the Store, click the hamburger, then scroll down to "My Library"

All the apps that was ever on your phone(s) will be there.

You can re-install from there. Be sure to click "show all".

In the Store, click the hamburger, then scroll down to "My Library"

All the apps that was ever on your phone(s) will be there.

You can re-install from there. Be sure to click "show all".

Thanks for the tip!

• 2 weeks later...

The photos app has been updated, and hamburger menu is gone, and pivots are actually back. Hopefully this starts a trend with their default apps, they shouldn't have messed with that in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...

The photos app has been updated, and hamburger menu is gone, and pivots are actually back. Hopefully this starts a trend with their default apps, they shouldn't have messed with that in the first place.

Would be nice but could be an "oversight" rather than correcting a mistake, hamburgers are a PITA it's simply stupid that in Outlook you have to tap the top left then bottom right just to access settings

Would be nice but could be an "oversight" rather than correcting a mistake, hamburgers are a PITA it's simply stupid that in Outlook you have to tap the top left then bottom right just to access settings

Settings isn't something people are going to be going in and out of all the time, that's why it's at the end of the menu in pretty much every app, though some call it options and some call it preferences when talking about desktop apps, still, down at the end.   You shouldn't have to go into settings more than, I'd say, 2 or 3 times when you first set up a app.

Settings isn't something people are going to be going in and out of all the time, that's why it's at the end of the menu in pretty much every app, though some call it options and some call it preferences when talking about desktop apps, still, down at the end.   You shouldn't have to go into settings more than, I'd say, 2 or 3 times when you first set up a app.

Most people who get any serious email usage out of their phone would be adding additional personal and business accounts for one thing, and it's not that Settings is at the end of the menu which you could flick through it's physically stuck at the bottom right corner

wp_ss_20150916_0023.png

Most people who get any serious email usage out of their phone would be adding additional personal and business accounts for one thing, and it's not that Settings is at the end of the menu which you could flick through it's physically stuck at the bottom right corner

wp_ss_20150916_0023.png

After you add those accounts, which you'll do at the start, I added all 3 of my email account the first time I used the app (on my Win10 tablet though), and have little need to dive back into settings after that.  I'd say the same would/should apply to most people.

Seems like the colour option is more useful for desktop given it really lacks a proper "highlight" selection with the accent selection taking effect on most of the screen. And of coarse another requirement to access the poorly placed settings :). Looks like I might have an update but as usual the store doesn't know what the frak it's doing!

wp_ss_20150918_0003.png

• 1 month later...

Microsoft to Keep Releasing Windows 10 Mobile Preview Builds after RTM

More builds to come after RTM

But despite the arrival of RTM, the Windows Insider program will continue for Windows 10 Mobile too, and Jason, Program Manager on the Windows Insider team, reiterated this today. In other words, after Windows 10 Mobile arrives on your phone, you can continue receiving preview builds if you wish to remain part of the program, or opt out and stay on the stable version.

Obviously, Microsoft needs as many people as possible to continue getting previews because the next updates for the platform have to be thoroughly tested too and the company hopes to go on with the same feedback-based approach in the next 12 months.

Windows 10 Mobile will be offered as a free update to all devices running Windows Phone right now, no matter their hardware specifications, so the Lumia 520, for instance, which comes with just 512 MB of RAM, will get the new bits as well. Some features will be missing though given the limited hardware capabilities, but Microsoft says that Windows 10 Mobile will still be a worthy upgrade on all devices.

• Like 7

Microsoft has already assured that all the Windows Phone 8.1-powered handsets with at least 8GB of inbuilt storage are eligible to be upgraded to Windows 10 Mobile. But it hasn't revealed exactly when it plans to roll out the upcoming update. A new report has seemingly laid bare most of the plan.

The Redmond giant plans to roll out the updates in two phases, reveals mobile carrier Orange. Microsoft will release the Windows 10 Mobile firmware update to the Lumia 630, Lumia 635, Lumia 640, Lumia 735, and the Lumia 830 starting December 14.

In the second wave, the company will roll out the software update to Lumia 520, Lumia 532, Lumia 625, Lumia 720, Lumia 820, Lumia 920, Lumia 925, Lumia 930, Lumia 1020, and the Lumia 1320. The second wave is planned for February 1, 2016. For some reason, the Lumia 1520 is not mentioned in the list but it is likely due to nature of the availability of the handsets in the region. Only the unlocked version of the handset is on sale in Poland.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, after updating to the latest win 10 build 10586.29, Microsoft Camera opens instantly( No more 2-3 secs loading time) and shot to shot saving time have been greatly improved as well..

Though Lumia Camera is still slow as earlier, it shows that its being improving!!

Obviously it can't compete with instant camera open of 950, but its damm fast now.. Microsoft optimize the os more, My 1020 can surely run another one year more of its life with ease :D

22 hours ago, Dingle berry San the Super said:

Hi guys, after updating to the latest win 10 build 10586.29, Microsoft Camera opens instantly( No more 2-3 secs loading time) and shot to shot saving time have been greatly improved as well..

Though Lumia Camera is still slow as earlier, it shows that its being improving!!

Obviously it can't compete with instant camera open of 950, but its damm fast now.. Microsoft optimize the os more, My 1020 can surely run another one year more of its life with ease :D

There is some real improvement in launching the camera roll from within the camera app.

I'm on the latest build here and just wondering if I'm missing a setting somewhere to get incoming calls to wake up the screen? I've missed so many calls because I don't hear the phone ringing. Then the screen wakes up to show I had a missed call. With WP8 the screen would wake up when a call was incoming so I'd catch it.

• 2 weeks later...

Official Windows 10 Mobile Upgrade List Confirms Eligible Devices

WP 8.1 to 10 Device Upgrade Eligibility List

Let me try to consolidate them 

Batch 1 (deviceUpgradeState = 1):

• XDE
  • Phi
  • Money Penny
  • HTC One® (M8) for Windows
  • Lumia 1520
  • Lumia 830
  • Lumia 930
  • Microsoft Lumia 640 Dual SIM
  • Microsoft Lumia 640 Dual SIM DTV
  • Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE
  • Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE Dual SIM
  • Microsoft Lumia 640 XL
  • Microsoft Lumia 640 XL Dual SIM
  • Microsoft Lumia 640 XL LTE
  • Microsoft Lumia 640 XL LTE Dual SIM
  • Microsoft Lumia 950 XL

Batch 2 (deviceUpgradeState = 2):

• Lumia 1020
  • Lumia 1320
  • Lumia 520
  • Lumia 525
  • Lumia 526
  • Lumia 620
  • Lumia 625
  • Lumia 630
  • Lumia 630 Dual Sim
  • Lumia 720
  • Lumia 822
  • Lumia 920
  • Lumia 925
  • Lumia 928
  • Lumia ICON

Never (deviceUpgradeState = 3)

I'm putting "Never" into another comment for clarity (because they're too many).
There were a LOT of Windows Phone 7 phones, BTW.

Limited Set (deviceUpgradeState = 4)

• Lumia 635
  • Lumia 636
  • Lumia 638
  • Lumia 730 Dual SIM
  • Lumia 735
  • Microsoft Lumia 430
  • Microsoft Lumia 435
  • Microsoft Lumia 435 Dual SIM
  • Microsoft Lumia 435 Dual SIM DTV
  • Microsoft Lumia 532
  • Microsoft Lumia 532 Dual SIM
  • Microsoft Lumia 532 Dual SIM DTV
  • Microsoft Lumia 535
  • Microsoft Lumia 535 Dual SIM
  • Microsoft Lumia 540 Dual SIM
  • Microsoft Lumia 735

Never, or perhaps not Microsoft's responsibilty (deviceUpgradeState = 3)

• 40 Cesium
  • 7 Mozart, 7 Mozart T8698, 7 Pro T7576, 7 Trophy, 7 Trophy T8686
  • Allegro
  • Allview Impera I, Allview Impera M, ALLVIEW-IMPERA_S
  • Alpha Luxe, Alpha Neon, Alpha Style, Alpha View
  • Andi4L Pulse
  • Ascend [UMTS AUS/LA, C3], [UMTS+CDMA China, C2], [UMTS+CDMA, C1], Ascend H887L, Ascend W2
  • ATIV Odyssey, ATIV S, ATIV S Neo, ATIV SE
  • Billy 4, Billy 4.7
  • BP30
  • Bush
  • Canvas Win 092, CANVAS Win 121
  • Dream W473
  • E8
  • FPT Win
  • FZ-E1
  • Go-W10
  • Griffe W1
  • GT-I8350, GT-I8350T, GT-S7530, GT-S7530E, GT-S7530L
  • Haden
  • Harley Davidson
  • HD7, HD7 T9292
  • Insignia 500 Win
  • IQ400W, IQ500W
  • Iris Win 1
  • IS12T
  • Ixion W5
  • L930i
  • Lancet
  • LG-C900, LG-C900B, LG-C900k, LG-E900, LG-E900h, LG-E906
  • Liquid M220
  • Lumia 505, Lumia 510, Lumia 530, Lumia 530 Dual Sim, Lumia 610, Lumia 610 NFC, Lumia 710, Lumia 800, Lumia 810, Lumia 820, Lumia 900
  • Madosma
  • McLaren(codename)
  • MegaFon SP-W1
  • Mimosa
  • Minuet
  • MultiPhone 8400 Duo, MultiPhone 8500 Duo
  • MWP-47, MWP6885, mwp6985
  • NANA E260T
  • Noir W1
  • Nokia 510, Nokia 610, Nokia 610C, Nokia 710, Nokia 800, Nokia 800C, Nokia 900
  • Nova WIndows
  • Omnia W
  • OMNIA7
  • ONE TOUCH 5040X
  • Onix 4
  • PI39100, PI86100, Q8150W
  • Radar, Radar 4G, Radar C110e
  • Radiant
  • S606
  • SGH-i667, SGH-i677, SGH-i917, SGH-i917., SGH-i917R, SGH-i937
  • Soul 2
  • SP4
  • Storm W408, Storm W510
  • T7575, T8697, T8788, T9295, T9296
  • Tania
  • Test Code
  • TFG M1010
  • Thunder 340W, Thunder 450W
  • TITAN X310e
  • Titanium Wind W4
  • Ultimate
  • USCCHTC-PC93100, USCCN859
  • V965W
  • Venue Pro
  • W1, W10
  • Win 400, Win HD, Win HD LTE, Win JR, Win Jr LTE, Win Q900S, WIN8258
  • Windows Phone - Internet 7, Windows Phone 8S HTC, Windows Phone 8X HTC, Windows Phone 8XT HTC
  • WinJoy, WinPhone 4.7 HD, WinWin
  • WPK1
  • X310e

Maybe "Not MSFT reaponsibility" instead of never because Blu said the win HD and win HD lte are getting windows 10 and they are in 3