Dopamine

Basically what I am asking for is to copy a single folder to a new computer and have all you playlists appear. Regular and smart playlists. Moving the mp3's is easy. Rebuilding playlists takes alot of time.

Brainstorming time! (That means I like the idea, but I want you to tell me whether or not I'm going in the right direction).

- Moving the audio files would be a manual action

- Dopamine could provide a "backup" option, which creates a backup of your collection information (tracks, albums, artists, ratings, playlists, optionally cached album art) to 1 compressed backup file. After you've copied the mp3 files to the same location where they were on the first pc (tracks are path-sensitive), that backup file could easily be restored on the new dopamine on your new pc, using a provided "Restore" option

Backup and restore in dopamine would then be just a few clicks.

Would this do?

• Like 1

Hi, i really like the app so far, really looks good.

can i ask for a feature that i don't believe i saw so far requested? when you add songs into the "watch folders", can it automatically add them to the library? i have to shut the app off and back on again to recognize new music.

thanks

can i ask for a feature that i don't believe i saw so far requested? when you add songs into the "watch folders", can it automatically add them to the library? i have to shut the app off and back on again to recognize new music.

thanks

That's coming. I have the code ready, just didn't add it yet.

interesting concept considering and forgive me for even mentioning this name but Media player for windows has a simple screen as well. but yours is more functional looking IMHO.

xekeaa.png this media player for windows is UUuuuuuuuuuuuuuugly! yours seems more modernized and up to date with the times.

Looks good to me. 

Suggestion: WASAPI support ( if not ASIO too ).

If playing hi-res files like flac, why not playing at their best ?

Already supports WASAPI. Posted a few pages back.

thanks

if you grab a newer version, dopamine automatically adds your new musics. there's that dopamine tear drop looking symbol. if you look at that after adding music, you'll see the same working symbol like that of booting into windows 10TP. the circles going around, that's synapse adding the new music. You have to have the newer build though as synpase has been improved

Seems that I need to redownload then.

WASAPI was included since the beginning. Why do you think it is not using it?

What's this got to offer over foobar2000?

(Genuine question)

Feature wise, probably nothing.

What's this got to offer over foobar2000?

(Genuine question)

It's got style, it's got taste!  If you only want a nice looking player, it's Dopamine.  If you want a plugin laden software, it's Foobar.

Because I didn't find any setting of using it, and when playing I was still able to control player volume from taskbar volume ( windows mixer ). And playing other sounds on PC interferes with the music.

Indeed. There are no options yet (probably for later)). It is playing through WASAPI shared mode, not exclusive mode. Which is why other sounds interfere. I had issues with exclusive mode and disabled it for now.

When is the next build coming Rapha

Nice. You should post some of the looks so we can vote on it. Or try and get some help from some of us designers on here.might make the process faster and easer for you.

Nice. You should post some of the looks so we can vote on it. Or try and get some help from some of us designers on here.might make the process faster and easer for you.

You're just impatient to see some progress, aren't you? :rofl: Don't worry, you're right :) Here is a screenshot of the current state of the songs screen. The table header still needs styling.

1InY2s2.png

It is not the design that is giving me headaches. It is the styling of the datagrid. It is very powerful, but doesn't make it any easier to style.

Also that popup you see in the middle of the screen. It cost me 3 evenings to make. Just because I wanted a generic popup windows which allows me to reuse the frame, title design and fading of the main window on other windows by just providing custom content. It takes more time the first time, but makes the code cleaner and speeds up adding other popups on other screens.

This will be the changelog of the next build. Not so much, but better than nothing :)

- Fixed a small glitch on the Mini Player

- Fixed a bug where double clicking the ScrollBar starts playing songs

- Added a Songs screen

BTW has anyone from MS contacted you about it? 

Of course not :) They have enough talented people over there, which do an even better job than me. However I'm a bit worried when I see the latest Windows 10 screenshots.