Dopamine

Hey, Raphaël!

I'd like to make two quick suggestions.

1. Add support to reproduce folders and not just files; this is very useful when we don't have playlists created and want to just play an album from the Windows File Explorer.

2. When we play a song from the File Explorer, I think it would make more sense to show "now playing" by default; or at least create an option for it if others and yourself disagree :D

Thanks for your amazing work, man!
Cheers!

Hey, Raphaël!

I'd like to make two quick suggestions.

1. Add support to reproduce folders and not just files; this is very useful when we don't have playlists created and want to just play an album from the Windows File Explorer.

2. When we play a song from the File Explorer, I think it would make more sense to show "now playing" by default; or at least create an option for it if others and yourself disagree :D

Thanks for your amazing work, man!
Cheers!

1. How would that work (just brainstorming, I kinda like the idea). Drag and drop a folder on dopamine?

2. Also a neat idea. I'll see what I'll do (option or by default)

Thanks!

Not sure when it was added, but hte glow around the window in Win10 looks really cool 

A build or 2 ago, when I fixed maximizing. I'm glad you like it. It is optional, as I know people who don't like it :)

1. How would that work (just brainstorming, I kinda like the idea). Drag and drop a folder on dopamine?

2. Also a neat idea. I'll see what I'll do (option or by default)

Thanks!

Context menu when we right click on a folder containing audio files, just the way Windows Media Player and VLC implement it ;)

Please make the hamburger list drop down track with the song being played...ie if I drop down the list and select a song and hit play...then put the list back up...later when I go to drop down the list have it open where the current song is being played please...

Please make the hamburger list drop down track with the song being played...ie if I drop down the list and select a song and hit play...then put the list back up...later when I go to drop down the list have it open where the current song is being played please...

Please try out the Follow song feature. I think it does what you want :)

follow song.png

Context menu when we right click on a folder containing audio files, just the way Windows Media Player and VLC implement it ;)

Oh! I missed that :) Thanks

Installed on a new machine, pointed to music folder on a networked pc, there is quite a long pause before there is any indication that there is anything happening.

Not really a problem, but I suppose a little Please Wait notice would be a nice touch.

Installed on a new machine, pointed to music folder on a networked pc, there is quite a long pause before there is any indication that there is anything happening.

Not really a problem, but I suppose a little Please Wait notice would be a nice touch.

I'll log a bug. So I don't forget about it.

Дали тези, които по-добре? По размери по-малки от 32 пиксела, сините етикетите изчезва.

New icons.png

If you can not be black.

With build 273 player gives an error and closes itself. There is no fixed interval error.

Can you send me the logfile? %appdata%\Dopamine\Log

Please try out the Follow song feature. I think it does what you want :)

follow song.png

Oh! I missed that :) Thanks

That works PERFECT thank you so much, I missed that in settings =)

I'm going to violate my earlier "keep it minimal as possible" and wonder if a sound normalization could be added to the process... Probably a long shot, but it would be nice.

I am using Windows 7 and I have the application pinned to my start menu and task bar, as well as a shortcut on my desktop.  Every time I install a new build of Dopamine all 3 of these items no longer work.  When trying to run the application from one of these methods after installing a new build I get a shortcut error saying "The parameter is incorrect".  I have to recreate the desktop shortcut and re-pin the application to the task bar and start menu in order for the shortcuts to work.  Do you know why this would be happening every time I install a new build?

I am using Windows 7 and I have the application pinned to my start menu and task bar, as well as a shortcut on my desktop.  Every time I install a new build of Dopamine all 3 of these items no longer work.  When trying to run the application from one of these methods after installing a new build I get a shortcut error saying "The parameter is incorrect".  I have to recreate the desktop shortcut and re-pin the application to the task bar and start menu in order for the shortcuts to work.  Do you know why this would be happening every time I install a new build?

I honestly have no idea. It did that on my computer a while ago, but since a few months my shortcuts remained OK after new installs so I have never looked into. I'll check if I can do anything about it.

In the meantime, Dopamine is getting a Windows 10 makeover (work in progress, note that not all buttons are changed yet):

Dopamine windows 10.png

Edited by Raphaël G.

I'm going to violate my earlier "keep it minimal as possible" and wonder if a sound normalization could be added to the process... Probably a long shot, but it would be nice.

Maybe. I'll check what this audio lib is capable of.

Edited by Raphaël G.

I honestly have no idea. It did that on my computer a while ago, but since a few months my shortcuts remained OK after new installs so I have never looked into. I'll check if I can do anything about it.

In the meantime, Dopamine is getting a Windows 10 makeover (work in progress, note that not all buttons are changed yet):

Dopamine windows 10.png

Oh no. Please keep the current playback control icons. This is what make Dopamine unique. And I think that it's more reachable because of it's size.

Dopamine windows 10.png

Pic doesn't show :(