E3 2015 Sony Press Conference Discussion

Seemed pretty linear on rails to me.  I'm not complaining about that, it's Uncharted formula.  Maybe I didn't see enough of it.  It'll be day one for me, I was wasn't blown away by the visuals like I remember being by Uncharted 2 and 3.

Yeah still on rails, but visually the size of the city was bigger than anything we've seen in Uncharted before.

TV TV TV... DUDE BRO SHOOTERS... now where have I seen this before? Can't quite put my finger  (Y) on it... :rolleyes:  :rofl:

Honestly it was nowhere near the focus MS gave to it when they launched the xbox one.

TV TV TV... DUDE BRO SHOOTERS... now where have I seen this before? Can't quite put my finger  (Y) on it... :rolleyes:  :rofl:

There's a difference between when half your show is TV talk and FPS games, and when it's a few minutes. I guess some of the closet COD fans are going to get salty :p 

Yeah but like ReCore we did not see anything of the game.

Um, everything they showed was running on PS4 hardware.  They didn't show a "level", but they did show work that had been done within the system.  That wasn't CG.

I cannot belive Sony took all that time to announce a kickstarter for Shenmue 3 instead of just funding it. They basically took that old man up on stage to talk about his "dreams about making it" and kick him in the balls.

There's no way only 2 million dollars will fund that game. And the stretch goals! An extra million (half the entire dev cost) will only bring it to 4 more languages and some "cinema shorts". That's totally out of whack.

• Like 3

I cannot belive Sony took all that time to announce a kickstarter for Shenmue 3 instead of just funding it. They basically took that old man up on stage to talk about his "dreams about making it" and kick him in the balls.

There's no way only 2 million dollars will fund that game. And the stretch goals! An extra million (half the entire dev cost) will bring it to 4 more languages. That's totally out of whack.

The only console it's coming to is PS4... take that as a hint. That being some money most likely changed hands. Why stop there though? We've seen how high funds can go on Kickstarter for hyped projects. Companies don't need to empty their pockets when fans are.

It's already over half a million... https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3 The biggest stretch goal of 4 million will probably be hit. Easy money, and low risk for investors in a title that isn't exactly going to hit annual COD sales.

I'll be honest guys i think i'll upgrade my PC next year and skip this gen and hope MS is serious when they say they care about PC again and brings Halo 5 to PC after a while (cause Fable is not cutting it and is certainly not caring about PC). I'll probably get a PS4 when it will be cheap to play Last of Us and Journey.

Nothing i've seen in both press conference comes remotely close to my level of excitement for Kindom Come Deliverance and i'll certainly want to play that on a brand new PC.

Um, everything they showed was running on PS4 hardware.  They didn't show a "level", but they did show work that had been done within the system.  That wasn't CG.

It's not what i meant. I was talking about gameplay. We did not see any of it.

I cannot belive Sony took all that time to announce a kickstarter for Shenmue 3 instead of just funding it.

Do you really think both MS and Sony did not try to make a deal for this game? Shenmue 3 is kind of huge.

The guy probably wanted to work alone on his own game. Like some other big kickstarter projects he will probably get external funding if he can show to people with money there's a market for the game.

• Like 1

Do you really think both MS and Sony did not try to make a deal for this game? Shenmue 3 is kind of huge.

The guy probably wanted to work alone on his own game. Like some other big kickstarter projects he will probably get external funding if he can show to people with money there's a market for the game.

Is it really? I played Shenmue and didn't see what all the fuss was about, and I was a pretty big Dreamcast fan.

• Like 1

I'll be honest guys i think i'll upgrade my PC next year and skip this gen and hope MS is serious when they say they care about PC again and brings Halo 5 to PC after a while (cause Fable is not cutting it and is certainly not caring about PC). I'll probably get a PS4 when it will be cheap to play Last of Us and Journey.

Nothing i've seen in both press conference comes remotely close to my level of excitement for Kindom Come Deliverance and i'll certainly want to play that on a brand new PC.

It's not what i meant. I was talking about gameplay. We did not see any of it.

A little, but I get your point.  Also, you can already get a PS3 cheap with TLOU and Journey.  *shrug*  

IMHO, Sony did some really good things, but I don't know what it was -- I feel like honestly they needed to walk up and do a "$299" in order to "win" E3.  The audience didn't seem all that into it.  Didn't watch MS's show, but BC + mods on Fallout 4 + modular controller were some big hitters that random small bits of exclusive content don't seem to match.  I want more from Last Guardian before I get too excited, I want gameplay from FF7 remake before I get to excited, I won't buy Dreams because honestly I'm not that creative but I'm excited to see what other people do with it.

I dunno, just not looking forward to anything coming up in the short term.  Maybe I'm just old and jaded

A little, but I get your point.  Also, you can already get a PS3 cheap with TLOU and Journey.  *shrug*  

IMHO, Sony did some really good things, but I don't know what it was -- I feel like honestly they needed to walk up and do a "$299" in order to "win" E3.  The audience didn't seem all that into it.  Didn't watch MS's show, but BC + mods on Fallout 4 + modular controller were some big hitters that random small bits of exclusive content don't seem to match.  I want more from Last Guardian before I get too excited, I want gameplay from FF7 remake before I get to excited, I won't buy Dreams because honestly I'm not that creative but I'm excited to see what other people do with it.

I dunno, just not looking forward to anything coming up in the short term.  Maybe I'm just old and jaded

You aren't getting $299 until sales dip under MS NPDs a few months in a row. 

But yes, you're a grumpy old jaded man :p

They totally could have worked that into a contract. He obviously signed something to get onto the Sony stage and PS4 first and he'll have to deal with investors anyway for this "external funding" since 2 million isn't going to make that game. It was a massive dick move by Sony.

Wow, I didn't know Sony were in such a bad situation that they would need a Kickstarter campaign to fund a game.

HOW ABOUT NO!

They totally could have worked that into a contract. He obviously signed something to get onto the Sony stage and PS4 first and he'll have to deal with investors anyway for this "external funding" since 2 million isn't going to make that game. It was a massive dick move by Sony.

So unless MS got to have some involvement in this there should have been absolutely no help from Sony, even if only (as we can't prove if they funded) to have him on in front of MILLIONS of people, because that's being a dick move? Pretty sure his kickstarter at almost 1 million will have him saying anything but Sony you are ######.

I guess some of you don't know what it's like to finish Shenmue 2 and have to pretty much grow up and have your own kids before a glimmer of hope becomes reality for Shenmue 3.

Yeah he'll have to deal with investors but it's probably easier to deal with investors who care about money only than investors who care about money too but want to eventually own all your ips, your studio, you dream and probably your mother too like EA.

Man that FF7 troll at PSX

jDnXPBB.jpg

Wow. Just wow.

Sony came close to breaking the Internet tonight.

I'll take my winnings from that bet now, AB :p

It broke GAF lol

Fp3Bvwq.png

Boyes and his list....

wtf3vs9g.png

• Like 1

I dont have to stop complaining... I paid my $400 entry like the next person did.

Nobody gave me a PS4 I worked my butt to buy one.  So I got every fight to complain if something isn't to my liking.

If u helped pay for it, them I would shut up, but until u finance my gaming habit...

Have a good day (I actually mean this).

• Like 3

I just watched some clips of the games that were demoed. Uncharted 4 and Horizon: Zero Dawn look amazing. Easily the best looking games of the show do far.

I like the Uncharted games, but Guerrilla's 'Horizon' just looks insanely great. I loves me some RPGs, dinosaurs, and robots. That game is everything I never knew I wanted.

Wow, I didn't know Sony were in such a bad situation that they would need a Kickstarter campaign to fund a game.

HOW ABOUT NO!

backers
$1,669,196
pledged of $2,000,000 goal

days to go

A lot of people are really interested in this game.