E3 2015 Sony Press Conference Discussion

Square Enix have confirmed that the PC PORT of Final Fantasy 7 will be launching on iOS later this summer whilst the PlayStation 4 version will launch this Winter.

Square Enix also confirmed that the HD remake of Final Fantasy 7 has started development and they will be able to reveal more about the title this Winter 2015.

I assume this is talking about the PS Exp port, not last night's remake?

Sony has other exclusives too like the next Insomniac's Ratchet and Clank and Deep Down (is it still being made?).

We are talking about e3 here not what will come after it.

Deep Down is MIA and Ratchet is another remake\re-imagine. Vs 2 new ip and a solid ip in crackdown.

I assume this is talking about the PSX port, not last night's remake?

Yeah, it's the port. The remake just had confirmation it's in development.

As is Quantum Break.

Let's focus on the topic's subject please which is the E3 press conferences.

No it's not.All three game i mention skipped e3 and will be shown at gamescom instead.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/08/quantum-break-wont-be-at-e3-will-be-at-gamescom

"Remedy Entertainment has announced that it won't be showing off its upcoming Xbox One exclusive during next week's gaming expo in Los Angeles.

Instead, the studio has decided to forgo E3 2015 altogether in favor of a major blowout at Gamescom. Remedy co-founder Sam Lake confirmed the news in a video celebrating the developer's 20th anniversary."

And you can most likely expect DD at TGS - http://www.siliconera.com/2015/02/19/yoshinori-ono-explains-havent-heard-much-deep/

His point is valid, for the most part E3 is for discussing what is at E3.

No one cares Showan, not least because it's 2 years later, but you've skewed the facts to begin with and fail to listen to reason.

For the last time, let it go.

I care. Like everyone else's statements mean something to them, mine mean something to me.

Letting it go...

What? i'm a job can't watch videos :p

quoted this to find it more easily tonight

It's a massive E3 bombshell. Surprised it wasn't on stage for Sony.

• Like 1

Let it go... you'll find out after work.

Yeah i'll find out the next Barbie game is coming with some exclusive content to the PS4 :rofl:

• Like 2

I so drooled over Horizon... then KillZone:ShadowFall flashed through my head and ruined it all...

Please Guerilla deliver on this one.

I so drooled over Horizon... then KillZone:ShadowFall flashed through my head and ruined it all...

Please Guerilla deliver on this one.

Yeah, I don't think they will either.

Yeah, I don't think they will either.

I really hope Guerrilla can pull it off.

Horizon trailer sucked me in instantly

Personally I was a bit disappointed at the Sony Keynote.

In general I don't care about games that aren't going to be out before next E3 (June 2016).  In fact I wish they'd wait to show games until the last E3 before launch (of course things can get unexpected delays later but if you KNOW you're not shipping before next E3 then wait to show it until then, just my $0.02)

I have no idea why everyone is so excited about Shenmue and The Last Guardian.  Neither looked appealing to me at all although as a kickstarter junkie (100 projects backed and counting) it's cool to me a kickstarter project got that level of E3 coverage. (still didn't back it though, not that they need me as it's already funded).

On a side note I keep seeing people post that this is the first KickStarter that Sony has backed and that's somehow huge.  It's not the first Kickstarter Sony has backed as I backed Amplitude which Sony allowed Harmonix to kickstart (and there may be some before that that I'm not aware of).  That's actually a Sony property (both Frequency and Amplitude rights belong to Sony even though the games were developed by Harmonix) unlike Shenmue which is Sega who owns the rights and is allowing Ys Net to develop it so really has almost no Sony connection at all (other then them likely paying for console exclusivity should the kickstarter succeed.)

I was happy to see No Mans Sky again but I was hoping for a release date.  That's probably the game I'm looking forward to most from the Keynote (I REALLY hope it comes out before next E3) but it's not new as it was already demoed last year.

The most pleasant surprise was Horizon: Zero Dawn.  That game looks great and for me that was the highlight of the keynote.

Dreams was also very cool in an artsy/creative/weird sort of way.  I have no idea if I'd actually get the game but I'm glad there are things like that on the platform.

Uncharted 4 looks great (and for the record the car driving was NOT on rails, the dev was actually driving and you could have made a completely different set of turns) but I just never got into the series personally.

I was expecting A LOT MORE on Project Morpheus.  That's probably my biggest disappointment considering the thing is supposed to launch before next E3.

I'm glad they gave the Media Player zero keynote time and Vue/Spotify very little despite these being neat features because E3 keynotes are not the place to spend a great deal of time on these sorts of things.

I think the biggest news so far to me from E3 is Xbox One backwards compatibility.  I don't own an Xbox One or a 360 but had the Xbox One launched with that and the current pricing vs. PS4 we would have a very different set of NPD numbers.  I don't think there's any chance Sony is going to put PS3 support in the PS4 but hopefully that will cause them to push out the PS1/PS2 emulator that's been rumored.

• Like 1

Agreed. Sony is all overhype thus far and they're sailing on it from the gullible masses.

Morpheus will be DOA, knew it from the start. VR still needs quite a lot of work (even the contender Oculus Rift does) before it's truly consumer friendly and having a weak console power it, just isn't going to do it.

Admin on GAF is saying FF7 is another SF5 situation (PS4/PC)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=168200869#post168200869

Not sure about that!

Rumour is SFV is exclusive because Sony let them have cross-play, whereas MS very much wants to control that same feature with Win10.

FFVII doesn't have that sort of problem. However, maybe there is something preventing it from the original PS1 deal?

Agreed. Sony is all overhype thus far and they're sailing on it from the gullible masses.

Morpheus will be DOA, knew it from the start. VR still needs quite a lot of work (even the contender Oculus Rift does) before it's truly consumer friendly and having a weak console power it, just isn't going to do it.

Just for the record you're not agreeing with me.  There's a BIG difference between being "a bit disappointed" by the keynote and "Sony is all overhype".  My disappointment stems from high expectations not poor performance.

As for Morpheus I'm super excited about it and I don't think it will be DOA at all.  Having used the Oculus Rift dev kits and knowing people who are doing development for it I'm a big VR fan.  Depending on price (which is one of the things I was hoping to learn from the keynote) I'll be buying a Morpheus when it comes out.  ($300 or less for the headset only - I already have the camera and gamepad and I'll add the move controller later if needed - and it's an insta-buy for me).

Now that's not to say you're wrong though, you're certainly entitled to your opinion and if you think the keynote was "all overhype thus far" and Morpheus will be "DOA" more power to you.  My point is just that you started your comment with "Agreed" in response to my post but in no way do we actually agree.

was hoping for a PS3 price cut LOL.  I think I might be too jaded now. I was impressed by MS conference, but not blown away like they were hyping.  I guess I was expecting even more first party content.  Sony had a good conference with a lot of game reveals I wasn't expecting.  However they didn't show anything first party for this year, everything seemed to be 2016 and beyond.  I'm impressed that they are able to get so many Playstation first deals, considering Xbox 360 either couldn't or wouldn't when it dominated.

Like I said I might be jaded, but after Nintendo's disappointing digital event, which I semi expected, overall I feel pretty meh about this E3.

Not sure about that!

Rumour is SFV is exclusive because Sony let them have cross-play, whereas MS very much wants to control that same feature with Win10.

FFVII doesn't have that sort of problem. However, maybe there is something preventing it from the original PS1 deal?

I thought it was more to do with Sony funding SFV that's kept it off competing consoles?

"We partnered with Capcom on the development of Street Fighter 5, we're working together to make Street Fighter the ideal game for console."

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/dec/06/playstation-4-will-be-only-console-street-fighter-5-ever-appears-its-built-ground-ps4-notable-quotes-sony-presser/

"The relationship serves a gameplay and development purpose, and not just a marketing value."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/street-fighter-5-be-ps4-exclusive-forever-capcom-1505780

I mean of course, it's a minefield trying to wade through corporate PR...