2 Dallas Cops Shot @ Anti-Police Protest - BLM

Just now, metallithrax said:

Did you not read the part I quoted?  It is exactly as you posted it and it says:

"There is nothing wrong with calling someone "white", "black", "tall", "short" ... etc...especially in cases where you do not know their name.."

How is that not addressing them?

Poor choice of words.  Meant it in a descriptive context (as I alluded to in my example).  Obviously you do not go around saying "hey you...black man".  

6 hours ago, JHBrown said:

Looks like you didn't understand what I was saying. They prefer Black, to African American when they are being described. Of course I don't go around saying, hey "black friend". I'm flabbergasted that I even need to explain that to you.

unless your 'black' African-American friend is named Norman Black. ;)

2 hours ago, warwagon said:

Then instead of calling it "Black Lives matter" why not call it "Black Lives matter as much as everyone else"

Because BLM is a better hashtag and gets straight to the point? BLMAMAES just don't roll off the keyboard/tongue.  

7 minutes ago, shockz said:

Because BLM is a better hashtag and gets straight to the point? BLMAMAES just don't roll off the keyboard/tongue.  

Black Lives Also Matter would actually be better, and more indicative of the narrative with an acronym BLAM.

1 hour ago, metallithrax said:

Seriously!!  You think it is OK to address someone by their colour/height/weight just because you don't know their name

why not? I couldn't care less if a black cop called me whitey. Why should it matter? It's a temporary placement of an identifying word. Nothing more. 

52 minutes ago, Rippleman said:

why not? I couldn't care less if a black cop called me whitey. Why should it matter? It's a temporary placement of an identifying word. Nothing more. 

Personally, if I do not know someone, I say sir, mam, miss, mr.  Or just say "excuse me" to get their attention.

4 minutes ago, techbeck said:

http://www.infowars.com/sick-black-lives-matter-supporters-celebrate-murder-of-dallas-cops/

People for black rights and against police violence need to speak out against violence towards police as much as they speak out to be treated properly.  These comments are just sickening

Man, I really wish those who commented, would see the light and understand just how terrible their comments were and are. Those types of individuals are the reason racism is still alive and well. I will again say what I said earlier, BLM preaches that not all blacks are thugs, yet they want to generalize all cops are bad. It doesn't work that way, you have bad apples of all races and all professions. I don't agree with the way BLM activists cry wolf, but don't give that same respect back. They are asking us to take them seriously, and to understand that not all minorities are criminals; but killing cops and white people is perfectly fine. It is really shameful in my opinion and honestly makes me sick to my stomach knowing these types of people are out there.

3 hours ago, metallithrax said:

Seriously!!  You think it is OK to address someone by their colour/height/weight just because you don't know their name

The terms black etc. are used by those people and they continually refer to their "black" or <insert label> culture. Also, their advocacy groups use the terms as part of Identity Politics, a term many here apparently need to research. Without identity politics the Democrats wouldn't have much to talk about.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_politics

Does this mean Obama will declare BLM a terrorist organization? I doubt it. He'll use it to further vilify guns rather than blame the cop hating, white hating BLM thugs.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, metallithrax said:

Did you not read the part I quoted?  It is exactly as you posted it and it says:

"There is nothing wrong with calling someone "white", "black", "tall", "short" ... etc...especially in cases where you do not know their name.."

How is that not addressing them?

When you are describing someone, skin colour is a perfectly valid descriptor. It helps narrow down the search. If a perp is a 6 foot red headed white man, then that rules out short people, black people, dark hair, women, etc. Also if the perp is  a 6 foot tall black man with dreads, noting that also narrows down the search. It is not racist to note the skin colour of a person you are describing.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, troysavary said:

Does this mean Obama will declare BLM a terrorist organization?

Why would he?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JHBrown said:

Why would he?

Maybe because Jeff Hood, the organizer of the Dallas protest is a Muslim terrorist sympathizer, and given the type of statements he has made in the past, was probably also connected with the Black Power Political Organization, who has claimed responsibility for the shooting. Most likely, the purpose of the protest was to get many cops in a small area to make better targets for the shooters. The information really isn't that hard to find if you take your blinders off and check more sources than CNN and MSNBC.

3 minutes ago, troysavary said:

Most likely, the purpose of the protest was to get many cops in a small area to make better targets for the shooters.

:|

2 hours ago, troysavary said:

Does this mean Obama will declare BLM a terrorist organization? I doubt it. He'll use it to further vilify guns rather than blame the cop hating, white hating BLM thugs.

He already has, in his speech earlier today he was talking about how we need to tighten down on gun control. In reality nothing would have stopped this, weapons like the one the guy used have already been illegal for the better part of 100 years.

21 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

He already has, in his speech earlier today he was talking about how we need to tighten down on gun control. In reality nothing would have stopped this, weapons like the one the guy used have already been illegal for the better part of 100 years.

Lot of people buy or sell drugs illegally. So going by the logic of some people we should make all drugs legal then.

18 minutes ago, LaP said:

Lot of people buy or sell drugs illegally. So going by the logic of some people we should make all drugs legal then.

Yes? Why not? If people want to kill themselves by doing drugs it's their choice. Save our law enforcement time from having to fight the losing war on drugs.

14 hours ago, Circaflex said:

Yea but that is not all BLM activists. Those are looters, thugs and complete idiots doing the negative. We cant assume everyone who associates with BLM is going to act that way, similar to how not all cops are bad people.

Indeed since I never said 'all', I said 'some', and 'some' of them have a more powerful effect on how US citizens view BLM as a whole than the actual movements purpose itself.

Edited by Morisato

Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Immigration Issues Travel Advisory for Bahamians traveling to United States of America

For Immediate Release

8 July 2016

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Immigration has taken a note of the recent tensions in some American cities over shootings of young black males by police officers.

At the commencement of the Independence holiday weekend, many Bahamians will no doubt use the opportunity to travel, in particular to destinations in the United States.

We wish to advise all Bahamians traveling to the US but especially to the affected cities to exercise appropriate caution generally. In particular young males are asked to exercise extreme caution in affected cities in their interactions with the police. Do not be confrontational and cooperate.

If there is any issue please allow consular offices for The Bahamas to deal with the issues. Do not get involved in political or other demonstrations under any circumstances and avoid crowds.

Pay attention to the public notices and news announcements in the city that you are visiting.

Be safe, enjoy the holiday weekend and be sensible.

8 hours ago, trag3dy said:

Yes? Why not? If people want to kill themselves by doing drugs it's their choice. Save our law enforcement time from having to fight the losing war on drugs.

Because of causality.

7 hours ago, Morisato said:

Indeed since I never said 'all', I said 'some', and 'some' of them have a more powerful effect on how US citizens view BLM as a whole than the actual movements purpose itself.

I already posted that video a few pages back.

Anyways it's come to light that Philando Castile was pulled over because he matched the description of a man who 4 days previously committed armed robbery.

Strangely, media sources have been silent about this.

I'm amazed how many people automatically assume LEO is always justified in what they do. The cops act as judge, jury and executioner, throw out any due process of law. 

Of course absolutely nothing will change. There will be no gun control or reform. Police will continue to escalate situations instead of trying to save lives. There will be no effort to understand what's the causal factor here. This has nothing to do with race but the real issue is the massive militarization of police and their complete lack of accountability  and their portrayal as heroes no matter what.

Majority of police aren't bad, of course. But they need to be held to a much higher standard than the citizens they police, because they have the power. Its funny how no other country in the world has this level of violence yet we will never have gun reform.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Stoffel said:

Yet another example of somebody who just doesn't get it.

White privilege to the extreme

Exactly, "all lives matter" triggers a response of the above.. proved my point.

• Like 2

They executed the suspect who was holed up without a trial, they could've used tear gas or something else to knock him out, but no, once its 'officer down' all law and rights go out the window and police are now allowed to execute anyone at will ?