[Official] The Orville

I liked the most recent episode, it's nothing life altering but I was entertained.

I just love how he pokes fun at the crazy plots of Star Trek. He needs to get some "Star Trek" guest stars to poke fun at themselves.

7 hours ago, Zathras5 said:

Did anyone else not know season 2 started Sunday?

Just watched it... wasn't that good.

Hell, I had no idea it was back on. But really glad it is!

I thought it was a pretty good episode.  Was a bit worried at first ... thought it was headed down the toilet.  However, as pointed out by Steven, it had a couple of good character driven plots which I found to be very good.  I was relieved the whole episode wasn't about the initial plot.

• Like 2

While I thought it a good episode I also thought it had a few to many plots running, while the A plot of Bortus was on hold between the start and end of the episode we had;

The Ed / Kelly & Kelly / new guy romance

The Alara / Big head romance

Claire's kid getting up to teenage kid type stuff

Gordon's pickup advice from John, which I have to admit given those two character I wasn't sure through most of it if John was just pranking Gordon

Ed in the shuttle especially cloaking it after he was seen was brilliant!

• Like 2

Hopefully now that Ed may have a new love interest, the Ed / Kelly plot starts getting toned down.  That's the least interesting part of the series, although I did find the shuttle part amusing.

2 hours ago, kjordan2001 said:

Hopefully now that Ed may have a new love interest

I'd prefer Ed be more like Captain Picard than Captain Kirk. This is essentially Seth's ode to TNG after all

• Like 2

It was an average start, nothing great but it's season 2, you know what you're in for at this point.

Really ordinary episode just didn't hit the casual comedy moments that come so easily in other episodes. Only laugh I got was Gordon very calmly in front of all the staff mentioning he's handed one out at the start of the day

I rather loved that episode. I swear if you didn't tell me (and I didn't see some of the weirder things on the show) I'd tell you this was a Star Trek episode. Telling a fairly taboo subject for network TV and making it feel totally human even though aliens are involved - is pure Trek. Kudos to the writers of that episode. Also, gonna hate next weeks episode though :(

Sigh, so it happened. Won't post about it yet, cuz it might not have aired everywhere yet, but ugh. I hate episode 3 for you know what. (It was a damn good episode mind you, just hated the outcome)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Son_Of_Dad said:

We all knew it was coming, suck it up buttercup!

How did we know it was coming? Was it announced before hand, I didn't know.

We're talking about the episode called Home, that was 3 right?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Zathras5 said:

Yes, Home was the one I was talking about. And you kinda knew it was coming - but only if you had kept up with the cast goings on during the off season. If you didn't, this would have blind sided you as I'm sure it did. :(

12 hours ago, Zathras5 said:

It had been rumored since early last year she would be leaving, followed by an announcement Jessica Szohr was joining in season 2. Leaked location shots during filming showed Jessica Szohr in a red uniform alongside Ed, Kelly & the doc had the dots connecting & the episode 3 synopsis saying the crew were returning to Alara's home planet wrapped things.

5 hours ago, techbeck said:

Wonder if he is going to be a reg.

If so it would only likely be the next episode as he was introduced last week as the acting security chief. Episode 5 states a new crew member joins and IMDB lists this as the first episode for Jessica Szohr

From The Orville Wiki Jessica Szohr was announced as a new series regular on February 12, 2018. Details of her character were kept closely wrapped, though a series of small leaks allowed fans to deduce that the name would be "Talla Keyali" or "Talla Kexali.

Edited by Son_Of_Dad

On 1/15/2019 at 12:09 AM, Son_Of_Dad said:

It had been rumored since early last year she would be leaving, followed by an announcement Jessica Szohr was joining in season 2. Leaked location shots during filming showed Jessica Szohr in a red uniform alongside Ed, Kelly & the doc had the dots connecting & the episode 3 synopsis saying the crew were returning to Alara's home planet wrapped things.

Leaked screenshots?  Have a link?