Could this be malware?

4 minutes ago, devnulllore said:

I also have to keep in mind that both Nvidia and Microsoft say it's a known issue.

That's true, i am glad i don't have this problem it would drive me nuts the amount of time you have spent trying to fix it, lets hope the card was faulty.

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 11:53 AM, devnulllore said:

Why, if it still is an issue then it would eliminate the video card.

No, it wouldn't as you have no issues with the onboard video, it would point to a compatibility issue with the NVidia card(s) and the rest of your setup.

So you got the same card?  Where exactly is the links to where MS and Nvidia say its a "known" issue - did you post those sometime back, I do not recall seeing those..

Its something specific to that "card"? since I have nvidia card, and running same version of windows as you and not seeing any such issues.

On 9/20/2019 at 12:22 PM, BudMan said:

So you got the same card?  Where exactly is the links to where MS and Nvidia say its a "known" issue - did you post those sometime back, I do not recall seeing those..

Its something specific to that "card"? since I have nvidia card, and running same version of windows as you and not seeing any such issues.

Maybe it killed the PC as it is nearly a week since saying the card was due on Monday!

1 hour ago, SnoopZ said:

Maybe it killed the PC as it is nearly a week since saying the card was due on Monday!

He was here online yesterday...

2 hours ago, SnoopZ said:

Shame hes not updated this thread.

It’s probably a good sign. People generally report bad news a lot quicker than good. 

Strange if he was just on... This thread has been going on forever - you would think if fixed, or still broke he would update everyone that has been involved, etc.  Real life does get in the way for sure - but if he was on, and posting in other threads??

31 minutes ago, BudMan said:

Strange if he was just on... This thread has been going on forever - you would think if fixed, or still broke he would update everyone that has been involved, etc.  Real life does get in the way for sure - but if he was on, and posting in other threads??

His last post was in this thread on the 16th, I guess real life got in the way.

Yes I had some personal issues. Still having the same issues with the new card. I have a friend who is going to let me use his new GXT 1080 to see if it happens with a totally different card.

Lets us know how the GXT 1080 card works out - but still curious to these links from ms and nvidia where your saying its a known issue... I have not been able to find any such info.

Is your problem seen after your computer comes back from standby or hibernate?  Your not trying to overclock your card are you?

If the GTX card still has issues maybe the GPU slot  got damaged when you upgraded last time as it was working before? 

Are you able to borrow an AMD card off anyone to test?

We tried the GXT 1080 and had the same problem. Then we tried an ATI 5000 series we got our hands on and it was fine. I am fed up and am bringing it to my IT shop this week as regardless I am stuck with the 1660 card.

24 minutes ago, devnulllore said:

We tried the GXT 1080 and had the same problem. Then we tried an ATI 5000 series we got our hands on and it was fine. I am fed up and am bringing it to my IT shop this week as regardless I am stuck with the 1660 card.

A 1660 works? I bet you aren’t providing enough power to the card. It’s probably borderline. Try a Vega 64, lol. Crashes with that would confirm it. 

BTW I could not pinpoint any one post regarding the drivers and stuttering as there a too many. If you want to check some out go to the Nvidia driver forums and just search for drivers and stuttering and you will see the last few revisions are full of issues.

I will be off line for a day or two as I am bringing my PC to my tech guys.

6 minutes ago, devnulllore said:

This is my new PSU. Only about 1 year old or so. Corsair PSU

It doesn’t matter if it’s the culprit. Have you checked power output In Windows vs uefi settings? Are you connecting all power connectors on the card? 

22 hours ago, devnulllore said:

BTW I could not pinpoint any one post regarding the drivers and stuttering as there a too many

Then how can you say its a KNOWN ISSUE?  Users stating they have issue X and Y.. doesn't point to a specific problem.. That is KNOWN...  Users have issues all the freaking time ;)  Doesn't always mean that there is something specific with the driver or the OS..  I am using the latest drives, on the latest OS.. And have gone through multiple revisions of drivers, and updates of the OS.. Have had zero issues, etc.

Did MS or Nvidia come out and state - oh its X, we know that is a problem - do "this" for work around, or wait til we fix in update Y??

22 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

Are you connecting all power connectors on the card?

That is a very good point.. Doesn't it have an extra 8pin power connector, etc.  Devices that have extra power connectors are normally not an "optional" thing ;)

4 hours ago, BudMan said:

That is a very good point.. Doesn't it have an extra 8pin power connector, etc.  Devices that have extra power connectors are normally not an "optional" thing ;)

Didn't I question the power a few pages back? Also ... If he installed the PSU himself, since that is a modular PSU (And happens to be the same one I have)... I hope he still has his bag of "extra" cables...

Actually one thing he could have done is just have Task Manager opened and on the GPU tab and go about his business and see if and when the GPU spikes if that's when the stuttering occurs. 

20 minutes ago, Matthew S. said:

Didn't I question the power a few pages back? Also ... If he installed the PSU himself, since that is a modular PSU (And happens to be the same one I have)... I hope he still has his bag of "extra" cables...

Actually one thing he could have done is just have Task Manager opened and on the GPU tab and go about his business and see if and when the GPU spikes if that's when the stuttering occurs. 

I’ll admit I’ve not been following closely. I just saw that a low powered Nvidia card worked when a high powered one didn’t and my immediate reaction was power related. 

If I'm not mistaken I questioned that lol.  Mind you I never did think to point out if both power connected were in fact connected.

Ok, my PC is back. The techs tried several different things. Then used several different Nvidia and ATI cards none of the ATI cards reproduced the issues while every single Nvidia card caused the issue until they reverted to an old driver, the early 430's  then it went away. They did some other tests as well and eliminated the power issue. Their conclusion after testing and reading many posts on the Nvidia forums and the Microsoft forums that it's a driver issue or at least the driver with the latest version of Windows. I have a pre 1903 version of Windows I am going to try next.