Could this be malware?

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4721/kw/1660 ti

Please note that support for GeForce 20xx and 16xx GPUs (Turing series) on Microsoft Windows 10 requires the Windows 10 April 2018 Update v1803 (released on April 30th, 2018) or newer.  This includes the GeForce GTX 1660 Ti and GeForce GTX 1660 GPUs.  

56 minutes ago, devnulllore said:

issue until they reverted to an old driver

And which driver did they use, which I assume was on your current version of windows 1903?

56 minutes ago, devnulllore said:

then it went away

Why are you still messing with it - if they removed the issue by installing an older driver?

Nvidia just released new drivers. After installing them and the latest Windows update the problem is resolved. Thanks for all the help.

1 hour ago, devnulllore said:

Nvidia just released new drivers. After installing them and the latest Windows update the problem is resolved. Thanks for all the help.

Glad it appears fixed but i still can't find anything relating to your issue in their changelog.

So your talking about this specific driver

Version     436.48 - WHQL
Release Date     Tue Oct 01, 2019
Operating System     Windows 10 64-bit

18 hours ago, BudMan said:

So your talking about this specific driver

Version     436.48 - WHQL
Release Date     Tue Oct 01, 2019
Operating System     Windows 10 64-bit

Yes that in conjunction with Windows 10 (KB4517211)

Windows Update (KB4517389) broke my PC again. I not only have extreme stuttering I have no search, Cortana and my network keeps dropping out. I am switching to MAC goodbye.

44 minutes ago, devnulllore said:

Windows Update (KB4517389) broke my PC again. I not only have extreme stuttering I have no search, Cortana and my network keeps dropping out. I am switching to MAC goodbye.

You were never fixed. Something masked the issue temporarily. 

Enjoy the Mac. I still would have checked power levels, FYI. 

47 minutes ago, devnulllore said:

jk

1 minute ago, adrynalyne said:

You were never fixed. Something masked the issue temporarily. 

Enjoy the Mac. I still would have checked power levels, FYI. 

The power issue was checked at the techs. it's not an issue.

6 minutes ago, devnulllore said:

jk

The power issue was checked at the techs. it's not an issue.

Checked how? With a voltmeter? Or by eyeballing what software says? These techs arent much to talk about seeing they couldn’t find the issue. 

It might even be the board. I had a co-worker who would hard lock whenever he installed anything in Windows 10. Even in safe mode. Yet he could clean install Windows 10 without issue. He just couldn’t get through a single installer without it locking up. Linux was fine.  Tried different ram. Same issue. Tried different video card, same issue. Tried new cpu. Same issue. Turned out to be the board itself. 

So I do not recall - but have you installed linux.. And you never run into any issues or same sort of problems?  That would be a good test to be honest.

25 minutes ago, BudMan said:

So I do not recall - but have you installed linux.. And you never run into any issues or same sort of problems?  That would be a good test to be honest.

It actually might not be.  See my above response.

2 minutes ago, BudMan said:

If it was board related - would see problems no matter what OS he ran, etc.

Did you miss the part where I said Linux ran fine? We spent days troubleshooting that thing. 

Yeah as I thought I stated I might of missed it.. This thread has been going on for quite some time and is 14 pages long ;)

So if runs fine on linux.. Then just run that ;)  But that should prove out its not a board/power issue.

But in the past means what to you - 3 years ago when you tested linux distro from a live dvd boot for 10 minutes... Or the other day while you have been having this problem with this actual current hardware..

Try swapping your card with someone else you know, see if they experience problems with your card and windows 10 and also see what their card does in your PC?

13 hours ago, SnoopZ said:

Try swapping your card with someone else you know, see if they experience problems with your card and windows 10 and also see what their card does in your PC?

Are you joking? Have you read the thread I have tried that with several different cards already. I have had the problem with every Nvidia card I tried. This still seems to be an issue with either the driver, a Windows update or both. I have not heard back from either Microsoft or Nvidia about the latest updates. I will let you know when I do.

Ok, keep your fingers crossed I think I may have finally found the culprit. I decided to look at this from a totally different prospective. I did a search for general windows 10 screen refreshing and hitching and found all kinds of weird processes and drivers it could be but one little thing caught my eye. I have my wallpaper set to refresh every minute and noticed when it does that is when my screen refreshes itself. So I right clicked on the desktop and chose personalize then went into color. There is a setting to automatically choose a windows background color based on your wallpaper and it was set to enable. I disabled that and waited. The refresh problem stopped. My wallpaper refreshed fine but the screen hitching stopped. I re-enabled it and sure enough it started again. So I turned it off again and waited, 10 minutes, 20, 30 and nothing. I turned it back on and again it started. I now have it turned off and am going to leave it that way for a few hours and try it again. I think this is it. I should have put 2+2 together before when I started using multiple wallpapers. I will report back later.

This is why I requested several times that you post a video if possible. It may have been resolved much earlier if someone else could have looked at the issue you describe, especially if they have come across it themselves before.

18 minutes ago, devnulllore said:

I have my wallpaper set to refresh every minute and noticed when it does that is when my screen refreshes itself.

So let me get this right - you cycle through a different wallpaper every minute?  These are local or downloading from somewhere?  And then you have a setting to set the background color based on the wallpaper?  So if say wallpaper is most black the color is black, and if the wallpaper mostly white then color changes to white?

Your talking about the automatically pick accent color from background?

color.thumb.jpg.5101207ed3d5b4fbacfd6ec6edb8a65e.jpg

2 minutes ago, BudMan said:

So let me get this right - you cycle through a different wallpaper every minute?  These are local or downloading from somewhere?  And then you have a setting to set the background color based on the wallpaper?  So if say wallpaper is most black the color is black, and if the wallpaper mostly white then color changes to white?

Pretty much and local folder

19 minutes ago, BudMan said:

Your talking about the automatically pick accent color from background?

color.thumb.jpg.5101207ed3d5b4fbacfd6ec6edb8a65e.jpg

Yes

1 hour ago, devnulllore said:

Are you joking? Have you read the thread I have tried that with several different cards already. I have had the problem with every Nvidia card I tried. This still seems to be an issue with either the driver, a Windows update or both. I have not heard back from either Microsoft or Nvidia about the latest updates. I will let you know when I do.

No you didn’t. You said a 1660 or some low end card didn’t have the issue. 

33 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

No you didn’t. You said a 1660 or some low end card didn’t have the issue. 

He also didn't say his card was tried in a friend's computer.

So far no more issues and every time I re-enable the accent color option in desktop colors the issue returns. I will leave it off for a few days before I consider the issue fixed.