Neowin Community Minecraft Server

Message added by Brandon H,

Server Address: mc.neowin.net

Currently Running Vanilla 1.19.3

Another option we could do is, keep the current world and make it a "sub world" :/ and regen the nether, end and overworld.  Regardless we have to wait till paper is updated for 1.19

• Like 3

lets just keep sever as it is then wait for current packs/mods we have now to be updated to 1.19 then upgrade server to 1.19, for a few extra biomes and mobs I'm not fussed as the server is fun at the minute now anyway

• Like 2

Just played on the new 1.19 and its terrible, lags really bad anyone else played this and got the same? I used same settings as I do 1.18.2 and its terrible, think there will be a 1.19.1 soon

On 09/06/2022 at 05:50, Matthew S. said:

Always wait for a .1 release ;)

1.20 in this case, 1.19 is terribly optimized, glad we didn't upgrade the server to it

Edited by Nuculi

I’d say we should wait for at least a 1.19.1 or even 1.19.2 update for fixing memory issues. This update feels like it lacks in features this time compared to others.  Kinda feels unfinished or still part of the 1.18 update like part 3

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

new spawn built by WilliamTM:
2022-08-05_15_35.32-smol.png.18332d34b91f5d4e68aa5b4a9fb8b9ce.png

Magoo's river abode:

2022-08-05_15_43_46.thumb.png.fdb9a77f0ce612646df4c87228951e51.png

I thought I had enderman griefing disabled with the vanilla game rule "/gamerule mobGriefing false" but maybe that got reverted when we switched to paper.

On 06/08/2022 at 00:10, Magoo said:

the mobgriefing actually causes villager farms to not function

you mean if it gets turned off with the vanilla rule? good to know, plugin would be better for that then for individual mobs

• Like 1

Servers down, needs a kicking

Mr Magoo, you're home looks awfully similar to mine lol

It'll be back up tomorrow~ish, out of town and from what I heard it's not only my server down at the moment.

For now it'll be left as is, but when we do decide to update i'll make the current overworld, end and nether a separate world so that we can still visit and play that map as well.

• 3 months later...

Just a heads up something wonky happened to the host tonight, working on getting it fixed but priority is getting my other servers back up and running first, this will take a day or two to get back online.  We shouldn't have any data loss, but for some reason the container doesn't want to come back online.

hey guys. been a while since I've checked in.

was looking at things and it seems like there's been a couple big updates made to minecraft since we last messed with things.

I've got Friday's off now for the rest of the year so if we're ready to upgrade the server I'd be happy to take a crack at a few things; should be able to retain the world if we want to since it doesn't look like there have been any biome type updates.

I haven't been on server for a while but update away, i like the current addons on server makes Minecraft a bit more interesting i think maybe adding a few more mods, not loads just to make the server more interesting and fun to play on, but also keep the ones already on because there are some cool dungeons to be explored already found big castles in nether that have kept me busy for hours

On 15/11/2022 at 13:56, Brandon H said:

hey guys. been a while since I've checked in.

was looking at things and it seems like there's been a couple big updates made to minecraft since we last messed with things.

I've got Friday's off now for the rest of the year so if we're ready to upgrade the server I'd be happy to take a crack at a few things; should be able to retain the world if we want to since it doesn't look like there have been any biome type updates.

Ya know when I was restoring the server and updating I was very close to making the "mistake" of downloading paper 1.19 lol

Brandon my daughter has requested a furniture mod. she just likes making houses and decorating the insides of them, with Funiture of course, there are some out there like in the old crazycraft packs

On 16/11/2022 at 14:45, Nuculi said:

Brandon my daughter has requested a furniture mod. she just likes making houses and decorating the insides of them, with Funiture of course, there are some out there like in the old crazycraft packs

the server hasn't been modded in a long time since we moved to a Paper server, but I can look to see if there's any bukkit plugins or maybe a datapack that provide similar functionality :)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I hop on once in a while, just been busy as of late.  Got a few projects lined up, Website, Game Engine and game and a few other things, so haven't had the time, and whatever free time I do have I end up hopping on MSFS.